Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited April 2021
    ”Absolutely” is the new “You Know.”
  • Super.

People being "super proud", or "super excited".

Seems to have become the emphasis of choice, particularly for those who like to start a sentence with  "so".

I first noticed it a few years ago when every professional road cyclist used it in interviews. 

Although, thinking back, it was a big favourite of Jim Bowen  :D

• stonemuse said:
    Super.

People being "super proud", or "super excited".

Seems to have become the emphasis of choice, particularly for those who like to start a sentence with  "so".

I first noticed it a few years ago when every professional road cyclist used it in interviews. 

Although, thinking back, it was a big favourite of Jim Bowen  :D

"super, smashing, great...or its your BFH". Those were the days...
  • 1StevieG said:
    ”Absolutely” is the new “You Know.”
    Absolutely.
  • Complete fucking time wasters when it comes to buying a house. 

Having been burned once last year when trying to buy a house by someone who never had any real intention of selling their late parents house and they messed us around for months and months and cost us thousands in surveyors, solicitors and mortgage fees. 

We managed to find another house we wanted back in October and it was pretty much perfect for us. We offered asking price and they accepted but last min someone offered more so they went with them. Annoying but it happens. Then yesterday we get a call from the estate agent saying their buyer has pulled out and are we still interested. Of course we are we haven't managed to find anywhere and are living with parents so this is great news. We say our offer is still on the table but will need a commitment from bith sides to make sure this happens before the end of the stamp duty window. Its completely possible if they wanted to do it.

Then with a bit of digging we are told that they buyer pulled out because the selle hadn't found somewhere to buy and the buyer felt they were messing them around. They still haven't found somewhere to go. We also find out that they listed the house in 2016 and 2018 but never actually sold it. We love the house and really want it but are worried there are a lot of warning signs here that they are timewasters. 

Don't wanna get months down the line and thousands of pounds in (again) to find out they aren't serious.
    So when I put this on here in Jan they took the house off the market 2 days later as "they didnt like being pushed" in reference to us wanting to complete within the stamp duty window.

The house came back on the market this week for £45k more than it was on for in Jan and October. Pisstake
  • Dry hands
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    go back, offer them 60k more than you did before, then pull out with a week to go.

(obviously dont do this, but its a lovely karmic idea)
    or, on the other hand - do do this....
  • The Standard Life Aberdeen rebranding to abrdn (pronounced Aberdeen).

Apparently this reflects the clarity of focus the leadership team is bringing to the business as they delivers sustainable growth.

If this actually works we should re-brand to chrltn thltc. 
  • edited April 2021
    Greenie said:
    On the radio when you hear “I’m gonna play a little bit of...” why say just a little bit surely it will be the whole song? 
    When a DJ plays a song and there’s an instrumental part/solo and they start talking over it, does my nut in, it’s part of the bloody song, Hotel California is a case in point, great iconic song with a cracking bit of guitar playing at the end with a tight finish, and when you get to it....all you can hear is Steve Wright prattling on about his ‘big show’....unfunny hooked nosed cock!
    I'm sure I've stuck this on this thread before but DJ's that crash Fanfare For The Common Man over the intro' need a trumpet inserted where the sun don't shine. It's the most iconic part of the track you self obsessed numpties! 
  • Perfect Parkers. Drivers that spend 10 minutes going backwards and forwards, in and out just so they get their wheels perfectly aligned and exactly 2cm from the curb. 
  • edited April 2021
    Are they investigating who owns that Range Rover?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    People on social media calling Jason Pearce "skip/skipper"
  • Women drenching themselves in strong, stinking perfume when they're only going to be sitting in a half empty office.
  • Wilma said:
    Women drenching themselves in strong, stinking perfume when they're only going to be sitting in a half empty office.
    Rather there than where there are other people.
  • Wilma said:
    Women drenching themselves in strong, stinking perfume when they're only going to be sitting in a half empty office.
    Usually to mask the smell of smoke. Which is one of my biggest annoyances - if you dont wanna smell disgusting like smoke how about you dont smoke?
  • Wilma said:
    iainment said:
    Wilma said:
    I'm here! 

They should try washing/bathing/showering instead of using perfume as some kind of industrial strength disinfectant and deodorant. 
    And it’s not just women.
  • iainment said:
    Wilma said:
    iainment said:
    Wilma said:
    I'm here! 

They should try washing/bathing/showering instead of using perfume as some kind of industrial strength disinfectant and deodorant. 
    And it’s not just women.
    I find that Lynx Africa is the best counterbalance to my lack of personal hygiene. 
  • Does Lynx Africa smell of elephant dung?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!