Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Things that don't do what they say on the box.

Bought this for my grandson, set it up in the garden, phoned up air traffic control and British Aerospace - and got my grandson to jump on the air balloon.  12/14 foot tops ... huh! 
  • Tory party Chairman saying that Civil Servants "need to get off their pelotons and get back to their desks."

Fucking insult to all the hard working people who have gone considerably over and above throughout the pandemic to keep the country moving. All for a public sector pay freeze. 

Coming from a born into money, rich family, career politician, tory Cnut with a stick up his arse. 

Fuck off you prick you don't pay civil servants enough for any to be able to afford £2.3k (and £40 a month subscription) on a bike that doesn't fucking go away where.

See where you are coming from,i know the salaries of the front line civil servants are not great,but his remarks are aimed at the more senior levels in Whitehall where there is a reported reluctance to return to the office.One woman started this off by discussing the merits of working from home with access to her Peleton when she needed it.These are the people that get the civil service a bad name.
  • Tory party Chairman saying that Civil Servants "need to get off their pelotons and get back to their desks."

Fucking insult to all the hard working people who have gone considerably over and above throughout the pandemic to keep the country moving. All for a public sector pay freeze. 

Coming from a born into money, rich family, career politician, tory Cnut with a stick up his arse. 

Fuck off you prick you don't pay civil servants enough for any to be able to afford £2.3k (and £40 a month subscription) on a bike that doesn't fucking go away where.

See where you are coming from,i know the salaries of the front line civil servants are not great,but his remarks are aimed at the more senior levels in Whitehall where there is a reported reluctance to return to the office.One woman started this off by discussing the merits of working from home with access to her Peleton when she needed it.These are the people that get the civil service a bad name.
    I disagree, if she wants to spend her money on an expensive exercise bike, that's her business and not mine or any politicians. If she can work effectively while she's smashing it with her cyber coach good on her. For all we know she may well do her Pelotoning in the time she would be commuting to the desk. She is also spending money and paying tax, got to be a good thing.

That Tory wasn't speaking to the nation, he was speaking to to converted blue rinse brigade  while filling in time with bluster and not much else. 

Actually, I have a little insight into this world. One of my neighbors is a senior civil servant, (although she to the best of my knowledge is bikeless), she works for the ministry of defence. Pre pandemic the powers to be consolidated a lot of staff into the same buildings and they were told to "hot desk" which was very impractical for her due to the sensitivity of the stuff she writes and now would probably be a little impractical for everyone.

I disagree, if she wants to spend her money on an expensive exercise bike, that's her business and not mine or any politicians. If she can work effectively while she's smashing it with her cyber coach good on her. For all we know she may well do her Pelotoning in the time she would be commuting to the desk. She is also spending money and paying tax, got to be a good thing.

That Tory wasn't speaking to the nation, he was speaking to to converted blue rinse brigade  while filling in time with bluster and not much else. 

Actually, I have a little insight into this world. One of my neighbors is a senior civil servant, (although she to the best of my knowledge is bikeless), she works for the ministry of defence. Pre pandemic the powers to be consolidated a lot of staff into the same buildings and they were told to "hot desk" which was very impractical for her due to the sensitivity of the stuff she writes and now would probably be a little impractical for everyone.

Pardon my ignorance but  have  no idea what hot desk means.This whole situation was brought about by the lady stating her 
    preference re home or office working,now I am long retired so i have not been involved in the work from home situation,but I would be pretty pissed off if I was one of the lesser fortunates and had to go to the office when someone is blatantly bragging about the benefits of not getting up two hours earlier and spending time on an exercise bike.
  • Just looking through jobs on some of the utility firms websites - How can anyone afford to live, within a commutable distance of Kingston-upon-Thames, on just shy of £21k a year? And that's for a reasonably skilled position n all. For positions on slightly more money, they're asking for people educated to degree level.
  • Gribbo said:
    Just looking through jobs on some of the utility firms websites - How can anyone afford to live, within a commutable distance of Kingston-upon-Thames, on just shy of £21k a year? And that's for a reasonably skilled position n all. For positions on slightly more money, they're asking for people educated to degree level.
    They are pissing in the wind at that salary unless they want a 17 year old school leaver
  • Dave2l said:
    In response to the title of the thread. I have a simple direct answer:

People
    My wife bought me this for some reason 
  • Gribbo said:
    Just looking through jobs on some of the utility firms websites - How can anyone afford to live, within a commutable distance of Kingston-upon-Thames, on just shy of £21k a year? And that's for a reasonably skilled position n all. For positions on slightly more money, they're asking for people educated to degree level.
    They are pissing in the wind at that salary unless they want a 17 year old school leaver
    I just don't understand how people survive. It was the same when I covered West London, I'd be working in a flat just off Portobello Road and the girl worked for Car Phone Warehouse. The rent must've been £1k a month, even back then.

We'll done to those who do make it work and get on with it though, especially going forward with gas and electric are going up so much.....

Pardon my ignorance but  have  no idea what hot desk means.This whole situation was brought about by the lady stating her 
    preference re home or office working,now I am long retired so i have not been involved in the work from home situation,but I would be pretty pissed off if I was one of the lesser fortunates and had to go to the office when someone is blatantly bragging about the benefits of not getting up two hours earlier and spending time on an exercise bike.
    Hot desking is where you have an office/workplace where the staff do not have a specific work station/desk. Basically first come first served and if there isn't enough desks to go round you have to wait for one to become available. Very trendy with the "tech" companies and a good cost saving.

I was one of the less fortunate ones at my place who worked through pretty much all the past 18 months due to the nature of the work that I do. I dont envy or get upset that my management and other colleagues are at home, getting up late, watching netflix, exercising, nice breakfasts/lunches, going for walks, not getting on trains, getting wet in the rain and to cap it all still get £3500/year london waiting. No, doesn't bother me.........much.

But I do think news stories, like the one above about a lady whos worked a nice little number for herself, are a little bit of bait. 

• Sponsored links:

• Santander bank....Messed up by taking a balance transfer twice leaving me with one big credit card debt and one in credit. After an age waiting for someone to answer the phone, I then got told to sort it out myself with the other card company. 

Santander should sack Ant & Dec from their ads and use the cash saved to employ some people to answer the flipping phone! 

Can anyone recommend a decent bank to move to? 
  • Wilma said:
    Santander bank....Messed up by taking a balance transfer twice leaving me with one big credit card debt and one in credit. After an age waiting for someone to answer the phone, I then got told to sort it out myself with the other card company. 

Santander should sack Ant & Dec from their ads and use the cash saved to employ some people to answer the flipping phone! 

Can anyone recommend a decent bank to move to? 
    I guess it depends on what you want. I'm a big fan of Monzo.
  • Things that don't do what they say on the box.

Bought this for my grandson, set it up in the garden, phoned up air traffic control and British Aerospace - and got my grandson to jump on the air balloon.  12/14 foot tops ... huh! 

• addickson said:
    Drivers.

I was driving all the time during lockdown 1 and it was bliss. Roads were empty and I swear even the cars were socially distancing. Then gradually the roads got busier again. First back were the boy and girl racers in their farty noise cars, but since then the roads seem to be even busier than ever, drivers are overly aggressive and the highway code has been consigned to the bin. Others have mentioned about lack of signalling at roundabouts and my big bugbear is people turning right at a junction by swerving across at 45 degrees.

When I rule the world you will need to have a licence to keep your car. First question to get a licence will be “tell me about your car”. If the answer includes Audi, BMW, SUV or enthusing about your farty noise car you will be summarily executed.

Second question will be “what do you use the car for”? If the answer includes taking it to the station or taking kids to school you will be told “just no”. Then summarily executed.

This will be for the benefit of mankind and I’d expect to get the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Our Beemer, parked outside the school with the kids in the back!
    You can tell them, but I want to watch. 😉😂

• edited October 2021
    Surely he only needs to shout WALKIES from a safe distance and they'll be straight out @T_C_E
  • Keith bloody Lemon, easy to avoid his programmes but now he crops up on advertising.
  • Keith bloody Lemon, easy to avoid his programmes but now he crops up on advertising.
    Do you like Leigh Francis?
  • Showing my age I know, but who is that unless it's his real name 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Showing my age I know, but who is that unless it's his real name 😳
    Yeah it is :)
  • Nurse get me wine I didn't get whooshed (for once)
  • The amount of shagging on anything that is made by Netflix. I'm no prude but ffs it's even in documentaries. I tried to start on Age Of Samurai last night, 15 minutes in and they're at it....
  • Absolute Cnuts that park like this. This is the underground car park for our flat. Bay 89 is the space assigned to our flat and that we pay for in our rent. We come back from a couple nights away and this is what we come back to. 

No other parking nearby 
  • BMW drivers,  say no more , think they own the road , or parking space in this instance. 
  • Absolute Cnuts that park like this. This is the underground car park for our flat. Bay 89 is the space assigned to our flat and that we pay for in our rent. We come back from a couple nights away and this is what we come back to. 

No other parking nearby 
    Couldn't you get your bike out? 

;)
  • Problem solved
  • edited October 2021
    Absolute Cnuts that park like this. This is the underground car park for our flat. Bay 89 is the space assigned to our flat and that we pay for in our rent. We come back from a couple nights away and this is what we come back to. 

No other parking nearby 
    Maybe I'm just pissed off because I've been driving for 6 hours today but this isn't the first time this has happened when we've been away for a couple of days. 

Just pure self entitlement. "Ohh that space has been empty for a few days. I'll just use it."

Even more annoyed that the concierge won't do any more than put a note on the car. They know which flat has bay 90 but they won't tell us and they won't put a note in the flat or call them or buzz their intercom. Pisstake and pointless. Glad I only rent so don't pay the service charge for these arseholes 
  • Problem solved
    Hopefully someone parks right against his driver door meaning the prick cant access his car at all.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!