Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• T_C_E said:
    My wife shutting the car door nigh takes all the windows out, when you mention it she spends the next three weeks making three or four attempts to close it properly. FFS
    How long have you been married,never ever criticise the wife.
  • Could not think where to post this. Question is coming through the Blackwall tunnel to games now in the congestion zone?
  • Could not think where to post this. Question is coming through the Blackwall tunnel to games now in the congestion zone?
    Not the congestion zone. But it will be in the extended ultra low emissions zone in a couple of weeks. 
  • Went to a cafe this morning to get a breakfast. Just wanted toast and coffee.
    Was told they don’t do toast. Behind the server was a board with various items on toast. I said you do do toast, it’s on the menu behind you. I just don’t want the avocado, slow roasted tomatoes or other toppings you offer. No we don’t do toast on it’s own.
    Paid £8.90 for my wife’s avocado on toast and 2 coffees.
    Won’t be going back there then.
  • iainment said:
    Went to a cafe this morning to get a breakfast. Just wanted toast and coffee.
    Was told they don’t do toast. Behind the server was a board with various items on toast. I said you do do toast, it’s on the menu behind you. I just don’t want the avocado, slow roasted tomatoes or other toppings you offer. No we don’t do toast on it’s own.
    Paid £8.90 for my wife’s avocado on toast and 2 coffees.
    Won’t be going back there then.
    I hate jobsworths. Whatever happened to the customer is always right?

You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Glad you aren't going back there. 
  • Thanks stackit steve, country boy who attends the Valley with season ticket, but what’s the ultra low emissions zone? Do I have to pay it?
  • Thanks stackit steve, country boy who attends the Valley with season ticket, but what’s the ultra low emissions zone? Do I have to pay it?
    you can put your car registration into the website and it will tell you.
  • The village of Shiplake in Oxfordshire.
  • 2 ladies in my cab yesterday. Told me they had just jumped in one of them rickshaws up town outside selfridges and went down to Harvey Nichols and the guy charged them £144. They put up a bit of a fight but didnt want to cause too many issues in the street so got away with paying him £80 instead. Scandalous.

They obviously missed the small print of it being £10 per minute.
  • IdleHans said:
    The village of Shiplake in Oxfordshire.
    Shouldn't this be on the "places that annoy you" thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• People pointing out posts are on the wrong thread

😉
  • The torching of moorland to enable a few nobs a bit of grouse shooting.

Experts say that huge ecological damage is caused by the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.  It can also lead to an increased risk of flooding.  Hardly a good example with the COP26 event taking place in Glasgow in less than a fortnight.  
  • The wife putting poltergeist on the tele half hour before I'm going to bed
  • Something that's been playing on my mind for about 25 years, but I've never written it down before.

What's all the fuss with Scottish shortbread biscuits? They're quite pleasant, a bit plain and boring though. I don't really understand their celebrity status in the biscuit world. They're one of the things that foreign people can buy in British airport shops to bring home to their loving families as an example of Scotland's culinary prowess. You can also buy a tin of them for £17 in Fortnum and Mason.

Anyway, I'm at my mum's house and there were was a box with 6 shortbreads left that's been sitting there for months. So I ate all 6 this morning - underwhelming. I'd say 6/10 - better than Rich Teas, not as good as Digestives and miles behind the Chocolate Hob Nob, Fox's Crunch Cream, Viennese Sandwich and my own personal favourite, the Lotus Biscoff.
  • A good shortbread is really nice but pretty rare, I agree there's a lot of bad, dry and pretty plain ones about.
  • MrLargo said:
    Something that's been playing on my mind for about 25 years, but I've never written it down before.

What's all the fuss with Scottish shortbread biscuits? They're quite pleasant, a bit plain and boring though. I don't really understand their celebrity status in the biscuit world. They're one of the things that foreign people can buy in British airport shops to bring home to their loving families as an example of Scotland's culinary prowess. You can also buy a tin of them for £17 in Fortnum and Mason.

Anyway, I'm at my mum's house and there were was a box with 6 shortbreads left that's been sitting there for months. So I ate all 6 this morning - underwhelming. I'd say 6/10 - better than Rich Teas, not as good as Digestives and miles behind the Chocolate Hob Nob, Fox's Crunch Cream, Viennese Sandwich and my own personal favourite, the Lotus Biscoff.
    Probably the only biscuit I really like. Sainsbury’s do a nice taste the difference one with stem ginger. Ok every couple of months but I find most biscuits a waste of time, I’d rather not bother and wait for a proper meal. 

• MrLargo said:
    Something that's been playing on my mind for about 25 years, but I've never written it down before.

Scotland.

• Macronate said:
    MrLargo said:

Scotland.

Racist
  • Sponsored links:

• Lotus Biscoffs are hateful little abominations. If they are present on my hotel tea tray, the TripAdvisor rating instantly falls by one. Borders biscuits, on the other hand...
  • MrLargo said:

Oh crumbs! :open_mouth:
  • Back to my favourite topic,the delightful Katie Price,Bit in the paper last week about how much Harvey misses her(no doubt intended to soften the judges heart)She gets time out of rehab,where does she go,shopping,I guarantee she does not get banged up.
  • Not sure why it bothers me but Marcelo Bielsa has been the Leeds manager for well over 3 years but still hasn’t learnt enough English to do a post match interview. Lazy fucker.
  • Not sure why it bothers me but Marcelo Bielsa has been the Leeds manager for well over 3 years but still hasn’t learnt enough English to do a post match interview. Lazy fucker.
    I’m sure he has. He just doesn’t want to do the interviews.
    Yeah, comes over here, nicking our jobs and can’t even be bothered to learn the lingo. And stop crouching.
    He can speak English but doesn’t trust the press not to try and trip him up so does it through an interpreter, it also takes twice as long meaning he answers less questions 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!