Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Weighing myself I'm the morning then doing a 5 mile walk and 15 mile bike ride. Getting back on the scales in the evening and it telling me I have put on 3 pounds ! How does that work ??
    #dodgyscales
  • The way that certain German owned supermarkets put the prices above the shelves rather than below them.
  • Weighing myself I'm the morning then doing a 5 mile walk and 15 mile bike ride. Getting back on the scales in the evening and it telling me I have put on 3 pounds ! How does that work ??
    #dodgyscales

Was there a pub at the end of your 5 mile walk?
  • cabbles said:

Tossing statements like 'we listen, we understand and will work with you to put together a bespoke solution dedicated to helping you integrate all your strategic objectives in a cost efficient and timely manor'

We obviously share the same accountants/consultants.

My bugbear is the project managers who spend endless hours wanting every project broken up into miniscule components which they can then put on their Gaant charts, assign responsibilities and priorities too, erect traffic lights and then monitor progress against - which then involves further circles of meetings to reassess and reassign priorities and revise their original plans etc. etc. and so justify their existence and make life hell for those who know what the project entails and actually have to do the actual work while putting up with near constant infererence from the project managers. Sometimes I just pray for the chance to swap roles and salaries.
    #dodgyscales

Drink a lot of water perhaps?
  • cabbles said:

I can't believe I only just came across this thread. Business. Everything about the way people project themselves in the business world. You would think we live in a world where people revel in their jobs as if it puts them on a higher plane than the common man. Emphasising that they are in 'client meetings', 'conference calls', 'all day meetings'.

Tossing statements like 'we listen, we understand and will work with you to put together a bespoke solution dedicated to helping you integrate all your strategic objectives in a cost efficient and timely manor'

This sort of shite populates numerous websites of businesses across various sectors. Then people want to put a profile of themselves on their website with a title like 'creative marketeer with commercial nous'. Finished with a little bit of an insight into their personal life, they play the guitar and their favourite song is angels by Robbie Williams.

Keep it to yourself.

I work in this environment everyday. Basically I leave my soul at London Bridge at about 8am and pick it up again about 6pm every weekday.

Can't agree more. The way people communicate with each other in business does my head in. Someone e-mailed me the other day saying they would "reach out" to me in due course so we could "align our objectives".

Good god, f*** off.
  • edited April 2014

Weighing myself I'm the morning then doing a 5 mile walk and 15 mile bike ride. Getting back on the scales in the evening and it telling me I have put on 3 pounds ! How does that work ??
    #dodgyscales

I think your morning is your 'actual' weight and it naturally goes up through the day. You should probably stick to measuring yourself at the same time each day.

Much of the above annoys me, I'd list some wannabe corporate buzzword bollocks but I'd get wound up and my new e-cig doesn't taste very nice.
  • Risk assessments.
  • People who mistake poor time-keeping for being busy.
  • People who clap themselves after a performance or when given an award.

It's for the audience to clap if they deem you worthy not you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Claims management/pensions review companies. Particularly the feckers that rang me 6 times in one day recently at work and also left a message at home. Don't know where they got my number or the idea I need them from but I really wish they would get a proper job and leave me alone.

The irony of course that telesales staff are not allowed their phones on at work in case they get disturbed in their job.

...also claims management companies that ring you when you are on holiday and due to the time diffference this is at 4:00am. I don't want or need your fecking services to pursue my fictional injury claim and some minimum wage phone jockey trying to pretend he's my new bestie in the early hours is hardly likely to change my mind.
  • Misleading thread titles
  • BMW drivers. Do they pay twice as much Road tax as anyone else as they seem to have a feeling that they own the road! ? They always have to be the fastest thing on the road. Any Road. And they don't need to use signals either.
  • That cancer advert where the woman is like "Wait til I'm finished with you cancer", "I'll get you good and proper cancer".

I hate cancer as much as anyone and like millions have been indirectly affected by it, but the personification of the disease as an evil being with some kind of will seems childish and unnecessary to me.
  • JaShea99 said:

That cancer advert where the woman is like "Wait til I'm finished with you cancer", "I'll get you good and proper cancer".

I hate cancer as much as anyone and like millions have been indirectly affected by it, but the personification of the disease as an evil being with some kind of will seems childish and unnecessary to me.

The new one is annoying where the advert is done in long medical words
  • sm said:

cabbles said:

We obviously share the same accountants/consultants.

My bugbear is the project managers who spend endless hours wanting every project broken up into miniscule components which they can then put on their Gaant charts, assign responsibilities and priorities too, erect traffic lights and then monitor progress against - which then involves further circles of meetings to reassess and reassign priorities and revise their original plans etc. etc. and so justify their existence and make life hell for those who know what the project entails and actually have to do the actual work while putting up with near constant infererence from the project managers. Sometimes I just pray for the chance to swap roles and salaries.
    I think we may work at the same place!

I couldn't agree more with your statement mate well said

Fucking gantt charts
  • Genres. When did categories cease to exist?
  • Motorists who turn left at roundabouts and don't indicate. Pretentious and self important people. Strangers who ask you what you do for a living. Management speak. People who talk to you at work and ignore you when you are outside of work. Endless boring unnecessary meetings to justify large salaries. Toadies that crawl around the bosses agreeing with every word.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm happy to be ignored by 99% of people I work with if I ever see them outside of work
  • 'Skip Ad'
    Oh no I'd rather watch 1 minute of some chancer trying to sell me something I don't want.
    Look Mr Youtube, everyone skips the ads, so don't put them on the videos. Thanks
  • "This site uses cookies..."
  • "Would you like to participate in a survey about this website?" Before you've had a chance to see it.
  • The fag break at work. How do they get away with it?
  • People posting their bloody dog and Facebook.
  • Baby photos on FB or instagram, have some respect and give your kid a bit of privacy. Why would I come visit if your timeline is like a flick book ?
  • Blokes who use the Dyson Airblade in the bog for more than 10 seconds. It says 10 seconds on the machine FFS.
  • What if your hands are still wet
  • Carter said:

What if your hands are still wet

Shouldn't be any skin left after 10 seconds.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!