Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tube strike this week ON

Oh well - that f***s my chance of taking my nephew to Wembley. Cheers for that one Bob.

Comments

• Options
    Must say Mr Crowe is full of crap and half what was in the press he said was complete bull
  • Options
    Bloke and his cronies give the Trade Union movement a bad name. He's an absolute prick.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that LA.

Wonder where Mr Crowe got the money to start a new "party" to stand in the recent election ?

a fat Millwall prick-- ultra left twat------------one of my most favorite people.
  • Options
    Good Luck to them, Bob Crow is our leader come on the RMT!
  • Options
    On the whole I think trade unions were a bloody good thing for the ordinary worker when they were set up.

They have done immense good over the years and still do today for a great many people with the help and advice they give their members - particularly the low key stuff.

And then you get people like this Millwall c*** coming along and totally f***ing it up for everyone. Every year these arseholes are out on strike about something or another. I don't even pretend to know what it's about this time but heard him spouting on about wanting guarantees that there would be no redundancies across the board.

So there you have it folks. While you all struggle to get into work/get home and leave hours earlier as you're terrified of doing anything that might push you closer to getting the old heave-ho, this bunch of slags are sitting on their fat arses giving us all the finger.

If there's any justice in the world Bob C*** will be the victim of a freak "frozen shite falling from a passing aircraft" accident that will result in him departing for the great industrial dispute in the sky - or better still, underground.

That's all I have to say.
  • Options
    Yadda yadda yadda
  • Options
    effing great.

Got tickets for wednesday as well.
  • Options
    Problem won't be getting to Wembley, getting back will be a pain in the arris though.

Going to go early from Euston or Marylebone with Inspector Sands, and then bus back after walking to hanger lane
  • Options
    ledge you should forget about wembley and get out in your cab. you could earn a fortune.
  • Options
    lol curb it very tru. unfortunately not full time in the cab yet.

Handed my notice intoday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get the train!
  • Options
    You're a funny guy tommo. Hilarious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tommo[/cite]Yadda yadda yadda
    Insightful. Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    Train? Buses? Personal Microlight?
  • Options
    money grabbing selffish bstds the lot of em, i hope they all get the sack and let those without jobs currently who want to work take their jobs.

how hard can it be to be ignorant stand altogether and look at you like your shit when you ask for help or to drive a fecking train through a tunnel

lazy gobshites with a union of scum
  • Options
    Funniest thing I read last week in The Sun, they have a new online radio station with Jon Guant (after his sacking at Talksport), apparently he invited Bob Crowe on last week to talk about the strike, his assistant asked "can you send a car for him?, you can imagine Gaunts reply.

The mans a scumbag IMO (Crowe), militant muppet who lines his own pockets pretending to be a man of the people, and will strike at the drop of a hat, we will get to the stage with him where he wants "his" workers sitting at home 24/7 whilst the the train companies pay their wages and he'll think thats fair...."what?, go to work for their money, my men?.....you must be joking"
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    they've sat their going right when can we go on strike.

I know June - Cricket 20/20 world cup , football England , tennis - queens club - - - people have paid top dollar for tickets to these sporting events so let's make it as difficult as possible for them to get there GREAT ****ING IDEA CROWE U MILLWALL ***T

Not forgetting the damage to tourism - great for Taxi drivers granted - BUT if people are nto spending money TRAVELLING BY TUBE WHEN YOU ARE ON STRIKE - where's the money coming from.

Usually I back these unions if they are right, and RMT is starting to make grounds in the TAXI trade as well, but they will win 1% sympathy from people the rest will hate them
  • Options
    Ok yeah let them strike on a Sunday morning between 5am and 6am... That's going to get the message across isn't it?!
  • Options
    No do it when these sporting events are not on , possibly some of his members probably bought tickets for these events,

There's plenty of other opportunities to put their message across - i don't deny them the right to strike.

There's people across london on pay freezes and you got these **** bleating about pay when Tube drivers are on salary far bigger than the average London salary. . .
  • Options
    The members voted for industrial action (4-1 I believe), Bob Crow might be able to sway some/most of them but at the end of the day he is their elected mouth.
    It’s his job to get the members the best possible working conditions. If people are that envious why not apply for a job on the tubes, what fun jobs they are too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Ok yeah let them strike on a Sunday morning between 5am and 6am... That's going to get the message across isn't it?!

dont effing go on strike in the first place

we are in a global money crisis people are being laid off left right and centre and Tube workers are extreemly well paid for what they do there needs to be a sense of the real world not these unbelievable high claims of wages for the amount of hours worked......

if anyone thinks that it is ok to put more pressure and make people be away from their families for longer due to having to get buses

then you are well deluded go on strike over a weekend
  • Options
    I'm not going on strike. But surely if Tube strikers are extremely well paid for what they do as you say (clearly you've done the job for years on end, and you're our resident expert on all things Tube Work) then credit must go to Bob Crow and his union for getting such conditions for his members?!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh come on Red army - everyone know's a Tube driver is on at least £30- £32k a year. Most tube trains are now automated as well aren't they and the "drivers" are just there in case that fails - highly unlikely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm not going on strike. But surely if Tube strikers are extremely well paid for what they do as you say (clearly you've done the job for years on end, and you're our resident expert on all things Tube Work) then credit must go to Bob Crow and his union for getting such conditions for his members?!

I have family that work for them and they are going on strike and i have told them my opinions on their actions most of them agree but they are in a union and feel they should back their union, as an ex shopsterad i agree with that sentiment

so yes i do know what they earn and that they are well paid for the hours that they do and that is a fact
  • Options
    Fucking wankers , anyone want 4 tickets for the Andorra game ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm not going on strike. But surely if Tube strikers are extremely well paid for what they do as you say (clearly you've done the job for years on end, and you're our resident expert on all things Tube Work) then credit must go to Bob Crow and his union for getting such conditions for his members?!

I have family that work for them and they are going on strike and i have told them my opinions on their actions most of them agree but they are in a union and feel they should back their union, as an ex shopsterad i agree with that sentiment

so yes i do know what they earn and that they are well paid for the hours that they do and that is a fact

So is that you admitting that Bob Crow has done a good job for his members?
  • Options
    No it is me saying that they should give the public a break stop acting like a bunch of greedy bstds knuckle down and go to work, Bob Crow has done more damage to trade unions than good with his bullying and refusal to take him self out of the spot light
  • Options
    I'll level with you, I'm not Bob Crow's biggest fan at all, I think the guy is a twat but people slating Tube Workers for getting paid "way over the average" or "well for what they do" is no arguement what so ever. All you are saying is that Bob Crow has worked miracles and should be applauded for getting these bit part guys well paid for doing sod all. Surely we'd all love jobs where we could do sod all and get paid "way over the average" in which case we should all be breaking our backs to get Bob Crow representing us?

Striking is never going to be popular when you're providing a major public service but my opinion is definitely that if you're going to strike cause as much disruption as possible to get your message across. If a strike can pass by and everything is pretty much tickety boo you have in sort lost wages in acheiving absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    Following on from the reps of the RMT on here and their line of argument that the strike is a perfectly legitimate method of action (whatever the circumstances and however spurious their claims are) does that mean that if one of the emergency services was on strike and refused to attend (assuming they were allowed to by Law) an emergency that would be OK?

I'm sure any relatives of RMT workers would soon change their mind if their spouse, son or daughter was trapped in an accident. Or is it one rule for Underground workers when it comes to legitimate claims and another for other services?

"We're really sorry for your loss but all us Union Members were doing was following our leader".
  • Options
    I think there's a massive difference my friend from letting someone die and making it difficult for people to get to a football match. Correct me if I'm wrong?!