Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tube strike this week ON

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Just goes to prove what we al know the man is a total arse wipe toss pot low life scum bag wa**ker of the highest order[/quote]
    Presumably elected by his members who bothered to participate.
  • Options
    "You just know somewhere he has a calendar with all the most awkward dates to have a strike circled in red and 2012 has a couple of whole months marked."

So very very true. Weren't they asking for a pay deal that would've taken them right up to Olympics? How convenient!

What i'd like to know is that because they didn't get their own way, does this mean another strike is imminent? Do they accept the lower terms offered or just keep on striking until they get what they want?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"You just know somewhere he has a calendar with all the most awkward dates to have a strike circled in red and 2012 has a couple of whole months marked."

So very very true. Weren't they asking for a pay deal that would've taken them right up to Olympics? How convenient!

What i'd like to know is that because they didn't get their own way, does this mean another strike is imminent? Do they accept the lower terms offered or just keep on striking until they get what they want?[/quote]

But isn't that the point of an effective strike, to go in as hard and effectively as possible....not much point striking on Christmas day.
  • Options
    Striking train drivers are hardly a new concept. they have been taking strike all my life and will do in the future so 2010 in my opinion is on the cards.
    Bob Crow is one of a long line of leaders who have taken their members out.
    The membership vote for their leadership so I guess they are happy.
  • Options
    Just to let you know it was not just drivers

RMT covers all staff

Most of the district line are ASLEF
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"You just know somewhere he has a calendar with all the most awkward dates to have a strike circled in red and 2012 has a couple of whole months marked."

What i'd like to know is that because they didn't get their own way, does this mean another strike is imminent? Do they accept the lower terms offered or just keep on striking until they get what they want?

But isn't that the point of an effective strike, to go in as hard and effectively as possible....not much point striking on Christmas day.

If they strike on a typical monday, when nothing special is happening, it still costs LU over £10million, so there's no need to pick special days. All it does it lose the RMT any public support they may possibly have.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"You just know somewhere he has a calendar with all the most awkward dates to have a strike circled in red and 2012 has a couple of whole months marked."

What i'd like to know is that because they didn't get their own way, does this mean another strike is imminent? Do they accept the lower terms offered or just keep on striking until they get what they want?[/quote]

But isn't that the point of an effective strike, to go in as hard and effectively as possible....not much point striking on Christmas day.[/quote]

If they strike on a typical monday, when nothing special is happening, it still costs LU over £10million, so there's no need to pick special days. All it does it lose the RMT any public support they may possibly have.[/quote]

It certainly doesn't look like they're that bothered about public support, they simply want to win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Just to let you know it was not just drivers

RMT covers all staff

Most of the district line are ASLEF

Yup...that's right. Think the other union from the office workers perspective in TfL is TSSA. They did not strike.
  • Options
    One over as well BTOC
  • Options
    Leroy Ambrose - "I know there are plenty of staff working for TFL who are RMT members who are poorly paid. Why aren't they negotiating a pay deal which bumps their rates up by, say, 10%, whilst tube driver's pay is frozen? This would bring their jobs closer to the salary levels that tube drivers enjoy - surely the biggest concern for any Trade Union should be the lowest-paid amongst their membership? When I negotiated pay deals we regularly ensured that those in the lowest quartile received the highest pro-rata rises - often at the expense of people further up the pay scales. Why aren't the RMT using their not inconsiderable negotiating muscle to do this? because they know full well that industrial action by backroom staff at TFL wouldn't have a 100th of the impact a strike by tube drivers does."

Very good point and thank you for your comments. This is something I will be raising with the senior IR Rep for the RMT next week. Not that I am anyone but I'll put the case across for us call centre type workers.

Have to say having been on a TfL and not a LU picket line outside my office and handing out leaflets as to why TfL staff were striking the majority of the public where sympathetic. Initially there was a lot of abuse....which was understandable as people thought we were LU, but when I explained we were TfL, were not Tube Drivers, and why we were striking most seemed to understand and were sympathetic.

That being said if there is a ballot I will be voting no to strike action but yes to measures short of a strike. In other words, only doing what is in my JD and not all the other crap I seem to get lumbered with by my boss.

Anyway, I'm done with this now. Need to get my head right to attend a funeral tomorrow. And no it wasn't someones who was on the picket line.

On a lighter note.....up the Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]One over as well BTOC

Sorry mate...I'm shite at abbreviations....BTOC?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]One over as well BTOC[/quote]

Sorry mate...I'm shite at abbreviations....BTOC?[/quote]

feck knows it was mentioned at a induction day last week i sat in on just a Train Driver one i think, im back up there to hear more waffle tomorrow so ill find out
  • Options
    I wont name the places but i have had reports this morning

That a certain station were my mate worked yesterday
    4 people went online and cancelled there RMT membership and either wrote letters or emailed confirmation of this.

North London 15 LU staff confronted the pickets exchanged words all 15 now members of TSSA.

People within my office who used to work on the frontline but kept there memberships up have now moved to Aslef

Now this is just coming from my office i wonder how it went across the whole of LU.

he RMT could be counting the cost of there actions this morning.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You won't get much back but it's better than nothing:

Tube refund