Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]dont ruin our fun brunello

you know you was with me, cappelo, branson, and gates for a ruby last night discussing the buying power we would have once the deal is signed

I was actually with them laughing that the deal was signed two weeks ago but the spurious rumours and pletora of people with facts is such fun we arent going to tell anyone for another couple of weeks. Also we planted Varney and Curbs in the crowd just for a wind up.
  • Don't think it's that much of a surprise that there still won't be that much money available to spend. As long as we have enough to bring in a couple of defenders and a striker I don't think that will break the bank for new owners at League One level if they are buying a club for £30m.

Anyway hopefully positive news before Saturdays game and we can properly focus on our promotion push ;-)
  • I've 'always' been of the opinion that there are/were several different buyers showing various degrees of interest over the last few months..offers counter offers, some folk dropping out new ones appearing out of the woodwork..I'm sure Peter Varney has had great difficulty stopping his head from spinning off.
    There's not just been one lot of potential buyers but several......and THAT'S why this has dragged on for so long.
  • "I coach a boys footy team and have just got back from training, talked to one of the dads tonight and he knows a director at Charlton and the deal has been signed today by all accounts and will be announced on Friday."

who are these directors that are so loose lipped? my director contact's jaw has been firmly wired. no use whatsoever...
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I've 'always' been of the opinion that there are/were several different buyers showing various degrees of interest over the last few months..offers counter offers, some folk dropping out new ones appearing out of the woodwork..I'm sure Peter Varney has had great difficulty stopping his head from spinning off.
    There's not just been one lot of potential buyers but several......and THAT'S why this has dragged on for so long.

That also makes sense to me. If nothing's been announced by the end of this week I have a doubt that it will ever happen but that's totally gut feel.
  • The club announced there had been more than one interested party.
  • Does anyone actually really care anymore?
  • YES OF COURSE???? WHAT A SILLY QUESTION!
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Does anyone actually really care anymore?
    Nope, i am more intersted about the football, total overkill on the subject,
  • [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Does anyone actually really care anymore?
    I do because I think our club could seriously be in danger if something doesnt happen this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps we should start a thread for anyone who wants to post comments about how they are not interested in the takeover!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Perhaps we should start a thread for anyone who wants to post comments about how they are not interested in the takeover!

I wouldn't be interested in that.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]I've been a part of a few protracted takes overs ( both on the receiving end) and as part of a take over company. They do take time to negotiate - but not this long. I worked for a company once that was sold and had 20 small international divisions and it still only took 3 months for the due diligence to be done. My guess is that its all waiting on some external third party thing to complete - bit like a chain when you are buying a horse . I'm guessing that if Curbs is part of it then its waiting on his claim against West Ham to be completed (otherwise his claim will either be dismissed or significantly reduced) or something like (and this is a wild guess) for Sullivan and Gold to sell Birmingham - giving them the money to re-invest in another team - Charlton?? In any case I think any announcement must depend on a third party completion...
    What's buying a horse got to with anything....?
  • edited August 2009
    What's buying a horse got to with anything....?[/quote] People have to sell their previous horse to afford a new bigger horse Im assuming.....
  • edited August 2009
    So, we're buying a horse now? Isn't that going to make the deal even more complicated?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan People have to sell their previous horse to afford a new bigger horse Im assuming.....

In the mane I'd agree with that
  • And what do we say when we get rid of the old horse?
  • [cite]Posted By: seriously_red[/cite]And what do we say when we get rid of the old horse?
    "Cheerio pony"? Am I close?
  • bye, bye Mr Horse ?
  • Oops - house (obviously - but not as funny) - besides we've already bought a few horses to play in the team over the years....
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody Hell, this thread still going...........?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bloody Hell, this thread still going...........?

how long is a piece of thread ??
  • We will miss it when it's gone
  • The Sullivan - Gold mention earlier with Curbs back at the helm would be an intriguing adventure and fairly plausable.
    Someone also mentioned an Irish-Emirates deal and an Aviation connection, Can just see Ryanair buying us out!! As well as the Seat Prices, Mr O'leary of Ryan air would be charging you to use the loos at the Valley as well.
    I presume we will all know soon what's happening/not happening, as a shareholder haven't had anything through since the Zabeel deal collapse and Murray buying some of the training ground assetts.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bloody Hell, this thread still going...........?
    But now we've onto discuss the protracted horse bid we're making. Do keep up MOG ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bloody Hell, this thread still going...........?
    But now we've onto discuss the protracted horse bid we're making. Do keep up MOG ;)

Stop nag-ing him
  • I understand, from someone in the know at Sparrows Lane, that we have been offered a pony for the horse.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I understand, from someone in the know at Sparrows Lane, that we have been offered a pony for the horse.

neigh idea mate, but I canter see that happening
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I understand, from someone in the know at Sparrows Lane, that we have been offered a pony for the horse.

neigh idea mate, but I canter see that happening

I hear the new striker is Paul Furlong
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I understand, from someone in the know at Sparrows Lane, that we have been offered a pony for the horse.
    I think someone's talking a load of pony...