Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I understand, from someone in the know at Sparrows Lane, that we have been offered a pony for the horse.

neigh idea mate, but I canter see that happening

I hear the new striker is Paul Furlong
    Hes so old I thought they put him out to pasture ages ago...
  • Back to topic please guys.
  • sorry !! So, about this takeover ......
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]sorry !! So, about this takeover ......
    What takeover...?
  • New here and want other's views on likelihood of takeover on a scale of 1 to 10. For what it's worth, mine is 7. Just concerned that this is dragging on and on with so many false hopes and supposed deadlines been and gone.
  • I must admit the whole appeal of the takeover has been lost. We have according to many sources been close at various times.

Even our own manager says after the weekend we will know what market we are in and then nothing happens. We will see but with deadline day fast approaching it seems the only thing bright is on the pitch and this could be taken away in quick sale just before deadline day. We will see but the signals keep coming and going.
  • 4 plus or minus 6
  • Average of just over 7 so far, so not looking like an overwhelming wave of optimism. Anyone willing to give a 10 and justify their vote?
  • Sponsored links:

As we would have heard if it is off.
  • Fair point Curb_It. No news is good news but we are all deperate for something concrete either way. I think that if nothing happens by end of August then we can at least put it further to the back of our minds for a while as we can then solely concentrate on matters on the pitch...hopefully with our midfield still intact!
  • If nothing happens by the end of August I'll put a bloody bid in myself!
  • Think I'd give that a score of 0 unless you have wealthy connections of course...
  • Was the toe wrong????
  • Surely anyone who has been negotiating for months and fought off competition from other interested parties is not going to invest a pitiful sum of money so we can bounce around in league one and maybe the championship.
    If it happens ,i'm sure the opening sentences at the press conference will go something like ' This is a former premier league club with a premier league stadium,infrastructure and facilities.We see it as our job to get the club back to where it belongs'.
    Being content with floating about where we are with a half filled stadium makes absolutely no business sense what so ever,and could ultimately do more damage than good.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Back to topic please guys.

I'll tell your Dad youve been bullying everyone ;)
  • I think the pressure is beginning to build up on the Board to give some sort of update soon otherwise they are going to become/remain a laughing stock...in some people's eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has the press conference started yet?
  • [cite]Posted By: LondonSirClive[/cite]I think the pressure is beginning to build up on the Board to give some sort of update soon otherwise they are going to become/remain a laughing stock...in some people's eyes.

Beginning to build up..............???????????????
    Only for the last 6 months SirClive!
  • Well they did make some sort of statement a few weeks back but nothing since. I await the day when we are finally told what was behind PPs comments on why it has been such a difficult summer.
  • [cite]Posted By: LondonSirClive[/cite]Well they did make some sort of statement a few weeks back but nothing since. I await the day when we are finally told what was behind PPs comments on why it has been such a difficult summer.

I don't think we as fans will ever know the entire truth Sirclive......unless Peter Varney fancies writing a War & Peace proportioned novel!
  • He might have to write an entire volume on the dismissal of Dowie too!
  • I've been reliably informed that the stumbling block to the negotiations is about the custard creams.......FACT, LOCKED ON.....and DISCUSS!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I've been reliably informed that the stumbling block to the negotiations is about the custard creams.......FACT, LOCKED ON.....and DISCUSS!

utter shite.

its all about the bourbons and if we cant agree what must it be like for them!!!
  • Given up any hope of the takeover now. Too many false dawns. 11 days till window closes. I expect a couple of our players to leave. Bailey and Racon would be my guess.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Surely anyone who has been negotiating for months and fought off competition from other interested parties is not going to invest a pitiful sum of money so we can bounce around in league one and maybe the championship.
    If it happens ,i'm sure the opening sentences at the press conference will go something like ' This is a former premier league club with a premier league stadium,infrastructure and facilities.We see it as our job to get the club back to where it belongs'.
    Being content with floating about where we are with a half filled stadium makes absolutely no business sense what so ever,and could ultimately do more damage than good.
    Haven't all the most recent takeovers involved relegated clubs though...?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Given up any hope of the takeover now. Too many false dawns. 11 days till window closes. I expect a couple of our players to leave. Bailey and Racon would be my guess.

Plus a few others I fear.