Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I've been reliably informed that the stumbling block to the negotiations is about the custard creams.......FACT, LOCKED ON.....and DISCUSS!

I expect they counted them in the audit, had an embargo on them and some idiot's gone an eaten one!
  • Fans forum very quiet.When i asked Dave rudd a couple weeks back how long they would give it to start banging on the door again if we'd heard nothing ,i'm sure he said about a week.That was nearly 3 weeks ago!!

well dave?
  • Looks like it was the scousers!

missing biscuits!!!
  • edited August 2009
    I realise we want some information and it's deeply frustrating but I just wonder what benefit will be derived from the FF asking the same questions they asked last time. It was left that they would communicate when they are able, they haven't communicated, thus they are not able so to do. I do not believe that they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. It's just taking a long time. My guess is that there probably have been hitches given the comments about transfers of Gray being held up etc. Those hitches could well be major ones and have needed a lot of effort to overcome. We may be within a gnats c*ck of a deal or a flies wing away from the whole thing being dropped. I am as certain as I can be (without any inside knowledge) that they are doing everything they can to reach a deal.
  • lets get on with the football its all shite.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I realise we want some information and it's deeply frustrating but I just wonder what benefit will be derived from the FF asking the same questions they asked last time. It was left that they would communicate when they are able, they haven't communicated, thus they are not able so to do. I do not believe that they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. It's just taking a long time. My guess is that there probably have been hitches given the comments about transfers of Gray being held up etc. Those hitches could well be major ones and have needed a lot of effort to overcome. We may be within a gnats c*ck of a deal or a flies wing away from the whole thing being dropped. I am as certain as I can be (without any inside knowledge) that they are doing everything they can to reach a deal.
    Just how big is a gnats c*ck...?
  • Smaller than mine....:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Smaller than mine....:o)
    I think we'll leave it there...
  • We will be told as & when the club are legally able to do so, until then, no point in the FF asking anything, or us, or any other forum, frustrating as that is, nothing else the board can do.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Smaller than mine....:o)

But bigger than Steve Dowman's ................
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2009
    Source on cafcbabes reckons Saturday and that we will be having a director of football. Been reliable in the past. Maybe Varney and Curbs are returning.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]10

Interesting!
  • Silly view here but, there has been very little press with actual details most has been re hashes of posts on here and hearsay, sky sports new are so news hungry that they always are 5 steps ahead everyone else and they havnt mentioned owt since zebel.. notts county, southampton and tranmere takeovers got loads of tv time pre and post takeover we would be worthy of a article but for them not to ever mentioned owt says a lot or what is going on is really not going to set the football world alight. I'm just gona sit back enjoy the 3 wins enjoy jonjo and bailey and racs whilst we still have them and enjoy still laughing at palarse's non goal and saints and norwich awful league start and just let things take there course, too many people losing sleep and raising there blood presure on somthing we have absoulty no control over, make it 4 on the spin sat lads that's all that really maters we could have gerald ratner as chairman but as long as were flying high who cares.. come on u reds!!
  • Can we have a takeover box a quid for every time
    the T word is mentioned just need to nominate
    a repectable lifer to be banker ....... Starring from
    m now .........
  • Today could be the day. It has been mentioned that we have a self imposed transfer embargo, guess any new owners would want to protect their future assets, but they have now had plenty of time to assess the worth of those assets and must know what they want to do by now. It makes no sense keeping players that could be moved on for a bit of money and are not needed so a decision will surely be made before the window closes.
  • We only have an embargo on players coming
    in we've already released/sold some players!
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]10

Might be thick but whats that all about ?
  • Its a clue to the identity of the new owners, can't you work it out?
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Its a clue to the identity of the new owners, can't you work it out?

Dudley Moore ?
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 hour 18 minutes to go
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]1 hour 18 minutes to go

Lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]We only have an embargo on players coming

if that were the case Gray would have gone by now
  • 1 hour 9 mins ;-) Will we reach 1500 posts by 10am??
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]10

Might be thick but whats that all about ?

The deposit put down by the new buyers.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]We only have an embargo on players coming

if that were the case Gray would have gone by now
    maybe the club want to see if they can afford to keep gray?
  • The number of Luton Vans ordered from Dartford Motors?
  • Is there an embargo on saying Good Morning? And will it be? Fingers crossed for all of us and wishes for a good morning to one and all.
  • [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]I love the amount of b0llox people claim they've been told by so & so at the valley. Never new we had SO many directors at Charlton. Im yet to just bump into one in the offie yet. Il keep looking as i here just about 1 in 5 people are charlton directors...

no its true. ive got a mate who's brother was speaking to a bloke in the pub who had previously spoken to a director. And he said something will happen soon but dont tell anyone. ;-)
  • The number of baby elephants that will lead the Takeover parade into the valley