Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• I've no inside track but I think this almost certainly means the takeover is happening. I think that a sweetener was probably needed to get him across and the current board were not prepared to sanction that.

My guess is that there will be an announcement pitch side tomorrow with waves hello and goodbye!
  • Got to agree, it must be done either way
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I've no inside track but I think this almost certainly means the takeover is happening. I think that a sweetener was probably needed to get him across and the current board were not prepared to sanction that.

My guess is that there will be an announcement pitch side tomorrow with waves hello and goodbye!

I dont see how you can think that the take over has happend because we have sold a good player?! maybe if we had brought a new one......
  • due to the fact that the andy gray deal was being delayed due to the takeover going through or not.
  • Gray has gone, meaning we either have new owners or we don't...

What's [i]actually[/i] changed, people?
  • [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]Gray has gone, meaning we either have new owners or we don't...

What's actually changed, people?

Here here!!
  • thats what i mean.... i dont see how you could think that we have been taken over just because a player that wanted to go has gone.
  • And why didn't my italics thing work?
  • nothing has changed other than Gray is off the books. Maybe the Takeover has gone through or maybe it hasnt. Maybe it has been decided that we need to get something done in the little time left regardless of the take over ?
  • The difference may be that because Gray has now gone, this means the takeover has either been completed or has collapsed. No difference in not knowing what is going on, but something has probably happened which should put us out of our misery soon! I suppose thats a good thing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Glos, we'd be in even more misery if we knew we were stuck with the current lot - who seem to be going mental since we got relegated...
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]nothing has changed other than Gray is off the books. Maybe the Takeover has gone through or maybe it hasnt. Maybe it has been decided that we need to get something done in the little time left regardless of the take over ?

Got to agree.Nobody from the club mentioned a transfer embargo.That came from the Barnsley end of things.I'm thinking our board probably said we'll give it until the end of the week,if nothing is sorted we'll have to get our asses into gear.7 o'clock on a Friday night.you can't get much later than that.
  • [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]And why didn't my italics thing work?

you have to be in BBCode.
  • oh dear, ur probably all right. And there was me getting all hopeful again.
  • im giving up and am off to the pub. here's to three points tomorrow!
  • [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]And why didn't my italics thing work?

you have to be in BBCode.

Top man, assuming this works...
  • Was Gray transferred at 10 pm?
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Was Gray transferred at 10 pm?

about 7 o'clock.
    afraid I don't know what seven is in binary.
  • just got in from the pub and read this last blast of posts. So Gray has gone. What does that tell me ? It tells me that we have Burton who until three games ago was a butt of jokes (unjustly I might add) Fleetwood, McLeod and Dickson. If there is a worse last three in this division then tell me. It also tells me that if we are serious about promotion we need to get in two strikers, Two centre backs and a winger. All in 9 days. This takeover if it ever is confirmed might well be our salvation but right now it is seriously endangering our season and if that happens then we cannot expect our lovely midfield to hang about while the rest of the team catch up. PP has handled himself impecabley during what must have been a very difficult pre season. He gets my respect and support. From this moment on I am not reading anything about the takeover..............well probabley. Common you reds ! Hic !
  • Sponsored links:

• 480-odd posts since I last looked at this thread.

Any news?
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]ShootersHill, the takeover has happened just hasn't been announced yet. I bet you five whole English pounds it will be officially announced by 5pm this Monday at the absolute latest.

Please god you are correct. If it was done why not announce it ?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]just got in from the pub and read this last blast of posts. So Gray has gone. What does that tell me ? It tells me that we have Burton who until three games ago was a butt of jokes (unjustly I might add) Fleetwood, McLeod and Dickson. If there is a worse last three in this division then tell me. It also tells me that if we are serious about promotion we need to get in two strikers, Two centre backs and a winger. All in 9 days. This takeover if it ever is confirmed might well be our salvation but right now it is seriously endangering our season and if that happens then we cannot expect our lovely midfield to hang about while the rest of the team catch up. PP has handled himself impecabley during what must have been a very difficult pre season. He gets my respect and support. From this moment on I am not reading anything about the takeover..............well probabley. Common you reds ! Hic !

I also have been in the pub (hic) and your post seems exactly spot on... ask me again in the morning though (hic).
    I hate drunk hiccups, espescially when you have to get a taxi home. "le*hic*ft, left here *hic*, no *hic*, the next one *hic* number nine*hic* number ninety four *hic*."
    Disaster!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]480-odd posts since I last looked at this thread.

Any news?
    Go back one page and read my summary.
  • Still don't know what F5 (or F1-F10) do !
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Still don't know what F5 (or F1-F10) do !

Honestly P keep up....I'm surprised at you not knowing that F-10 is a Health & Safety directive issued by (surprisingly enough) Health & Safety Directive c/o Central Despatch, Redgrave Court, Merton Road, Bootle ,Merseyside, L20 7HS.
    As a highly succesful high profile carpet fitter and employer you really should know this and should you be intending to start a construction project with more that 500 employees lasting more than 30 days you'll need an F-10 from them before you even THINK about it, otherwise you're simply ASKING for trouble.I suggest you send off to them for one to keep on file for future reference.

F-5.........well I'm very very surprised and dissapointed at you here P.........F-5 is a heavy metal band formed by former Megadeth bass guitarit David Ellifson.I thought everyone knew that......blimey you must be spending too much time in The Axe listening to Elvis!!

F-1 is motor racing.
  • SoundAsa£

F U !

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]SoundAsa£

F U !

;-)

Mornin P........see ya in The Lib later!
    S.
  • IF we do get our hands on some cash for transfers before the end of the month , Parky might go for Lee Barnard ( Southend) to boost our strike force...

The word via Lee's bro in law who works with a fellow Addick is that the striker is awaiting a call from SE7 and would jump at the chance to join us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]IF we do get our hands on some cash for transfers before the end of the month , Parky might go for Lee Barnard ( Southend) to boost our strike force...

The word via Lee's bro in law who works with a fellow Addick is that the striker is awaiting a call from SE7 and would jump at the chance to join us.

Mmmm.......... maybe Nicky Bailey might have some input in that line of thinking?