Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I did see a group of people in turban things come out of a house next to The Valley today, could be a hint?

Or it could be a curry house or just someones house. :o)
  • Consortium including Edwina Curry then ..................or maybe Delia the bexleyheath lass has come on board and was cooking the rest of the consortuim a Curry
  • My sisters, boyfriends dog told me that he was having a chat with Floyd and Harvey on Saturday.

Apparently they are behind the takeover

Dont shoot the messenger
  • edited August 2009
    its gonna happen
  • Talking of shooting.............as the train sped past The Valley earlier im sure i saw Floyd and Harvey up against the wall.....( ready to be shot .... not at it !! ) by some Mearkat and Camel looking guys...........could be a clue..........
  • edited August 2009
    I was told on saturday that it will be this week, and the info was "from the horse's mouth". I mentioned this to one of the blokes I go to games with, together with the fact that I didn't know which horse it was. His response was "Probably Shergar".

Do we take this to mean that there is a wealthy horse racing based consortium involved? I think we should be told. I also noticed the prescence of bookmakers booths at The Valley, in the big wide world these guys are closely connected to horse racing - FACT.
  • Sounds good - so long as the club is stable.
  • i wonder if AFKA and Lookie have taken precautions for when it goes through??? nearly 1500 posts about very little, imagine if anything actually happens, site will do well not to crash!
  • Sounds like horsesh*t to me, Big William. Now trot on! There's enough dung on this thread already :)
  • I love this thread, hope the takeover doesn't happen soon or we would be back to discussing formations and away support all the time.

Ps not heard anything from my sources today so it must be happening now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Parky's interview on Saturday when he says a bit about takeover is now on audio bit of OS. Positive stuff.
  • Where's that? I can't find it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I love this thread, hope the takeover doesn't happen soon or we would be back to discussing formations and away support all the time.

Ps not heard anything from my sources today so it must be happening now.
    When, and if, the takeover takes place, there is no reason to stop this thread. After all, as soon as we have new owners, we can start speculating as to who the next lot will be...
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Where's that? I can't find it.

In the audio section mate. Front page, little picture of Parky on left hand side
  • 1500 posts!

And still no takeover........
  • amazing, 1500 posts on something that hasn'yt happened!
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

In the audio section mate. Front page, little picture of Parky on left hand side

Thanks

How many posts will there be if/when it does go through?
  • I am proud to say I haven't contributed one single rumour on this ridiculous thread, not even a single post..................oh sh*t!
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

Thanks

How many posts will there be if/when it does go through?

Not as many as when Messi signs ;0)
  • This 'when will a takeover thread' will have far more posts than the actual 'we have been taken over thread'.

I bet when it finally happens (assuming it does of course), all the talk will dissapear in a couple of days and we will all go back to discussing football again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Michael ball - I'm sure he's in hairspray the musical so not available

The house next to charlton you saw was probably the temple thing (not exactly sure which religion it is)- but know they use the car park for their weekly praying meetings. Think its being done up at month though.
  • In a pub up in the city got my ear to the ground heard nothing
    about takeover ............... Seems strange that could be tommorow
    the eye before the storm. Mark my words
  • SSN tonight. No news at all on the takeover. Must mean something's imminent. Mustn't it?
  • Until the delightful Ms Thompson says 'WE HAVE BREAKING NEWS FROM THE VALLEY' will I believe anything is happening
  • F I knew Georgie would be there I'd be off to Milletts in a flash to get a tent and I'd be camping there just to see her
  • Just a thought ladies and gents but nobody seems to concerned with WHO is actually gonna take the club on as opposed to when they are, surely the kind of people coming into the club is just as important, and has anyone actually got any ideas as to who the interested party(s) are?
  • Could be Benny Hill for all i care, just someone, anyone!

Well, not anyone
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]F I knew Georgie would be there I'd be off to Milletts in a flash to get a tent and I'd be camping there just to see her

i always pitch a tent when i clock her on SSN... ;-)

photo2.jpg
  • We know who it is. It's an Anglo-Irish, Japanese consortium of South African-American Arabs. Isn't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bennyhill[/cite]Just a thought ladies and gents but nobody seems to concerned with WHO is actually gonna take the club on as opposed to when they are, surely the kind of people coming into the club is just as important, and has anyone actually got any ideas as to who the interested party(s) are?

People are trusting that Murray and Varney would not see us end up in the wrong hands but there's a risk with any deal that it might not be people the fans like. I'm actually being reassured by the amount of time it's taking.