Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Apparently the new owners car was damaged by pot holes in the West stand car park and the deal is now off.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Apparently the new owners car was damaged by pot holes in the West stand car park and the deal is now off.

Christensen sabotaged his own work before he left.
  • This whole thread is getting silly now !
  • 11.00 this Wednesday
  • So no new news then, back in the country on Weds too, so hopefully Henry brings the deal back from France!
  • No one knows anything......

Not one person here is involved in the discussions...

Id be CHUFFED if it was Zabeel again...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]No one knows anything......

Not one person here is involved in the discussions...

Id be CHUFFED if it was Zabeel again...[/quote]

i think u might be suprised who is on here ?
  • Does the transfer window apply to free transfers. I thought you could sign a player who didn't have a club at any time of year.
  • I don't think it includes those not good enough to get a club before the end of august, which is reassuring.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I don't think it includes those not good enough to get a club before the end of august, which is reassuring.

Yeah but that doesn't necessarily follow as the likes of Fortune and Sam Sodje are still unattached. However i'm sure there will be a lot of dross around.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I don't think it includes those not good enough to get a club before the end of august, which is reassuring.

Yeah but that doesn't necessarily follow as the likes of Fortune and Sam Sodje are still unattached. However i'm sure there will be a lot of dross around.

Matty Holland is also unattached (in a footballing sense!) presumably?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I don't think it includes those not good enough to get a club before the end of august, which is reassuring.

Matty Holland is also unattached (in a footballing sense!) presumably?

If the money was there i'd bring him back but expect him to be used very little. As a coach and an example to the youngsters i think he'd be great but i think the likes of Dailly may now be filling this role.
  • Maybe some of the unattached might want to reconsider their contract offers when they realise they can't get prem wages in a third division side.

I guess our ex players are not alone in that respect so there will hopefully be a few decent ones being nagged by their wives into taking something that will allow them to carry on shopping, even if it means shopping in woolwich as opposed to west end which they hoped for.
  • [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]This whole thread is getting silly now !
    more than 1400 posts in, and you only think it's getting silly now?
  • So the passing of the transfer window would only prevent us from signing players we couldn't afford anyway. In our current situation the deadline is meaningless. The signing of Dailly proves their are plenty of good experienced pros available on frees and we would also have the upper hand in wage negotiation.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]So the passing of the transfer window would only prevent us from signing players we couldn't afford anyway. In our current situation the deadline is meaningless. The signing of Dailly proves their are plenty of good experienced pros available on frees and we would also have the upper hand in wage negotiation.

That was a few weeks ago, and getting a player of Dailly's quality will be rare, especially at the end of August, even start of September.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Current free agent centre halves include: Sam Sodje, Sol Campbell, Moritz Volz, Jonathan Fortune, Danny Mills, Bruno N'Gotty, Rahdi Jaidi, Ivan Campo. Any of them you fancy?

Or if we're after a striker: Mark Viduka, Dwight Yorke, Henri Camara, Vincent Pericard, David Connolly, Michael Misfud or Michael Bridges.

I can see wages being an issue with a lot of those also age and infirmity!
  • edited August 2009
    Sod the defenders, just get Viduka in!!
  • I'd have Mifsud
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I'd have Mifsud

I'd probably have said him to but apparently he's a lazy bugger and has not lived up to the hype since he scored a few high profile goals in the cup.

Sodje, Fortune and Connolly dould all do a job imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Danny Mills retired a couple of weeks ago.

I'd sign Sodje, a good header, gets forward well and is versatile as a defender.
  • Mills has retired.
  • As has Viduka
  • echo... echo.....echo
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Current free agent centre halves include: Sam Sodje, Sol Campbell, Moritz Volz, Jonathan Fortune, Danny Mills, Bruno N'Gotty, Rahdi Jaidi, Ivan Campo. Any of them you fancy?

Or if we're after a striker: Mark Viduka, Dwight Yorke, Henri Camara, Vincent Pericard, David Connolly, Michael Misfud or Michael Bridges.

of the defenders Sodje and Forch are injured, Mills has retired, Jiadi has work permit issues, Campo is past it, Campbell is set to be paid a fortune by Notts County.
    So we have a choice on N'Gotty or Volz. Wow.
  • Campo is no more past it than Dailly - in this division he'd be different gwavy
  • I think we would be more likely looking at former Championship or League 1 players. The current first team have proved they are good enough to challenge for promotion. We are just looking for players who are better than our current back up. This shouldn't be difficult as in some positions we have no back up players.
  • Rob earnshaw i think is avalible, even though he would cost he would score goals for us.
  • Newcaslte are going for Earnie, why on earth would he come to us?
  • I did see a group of people in turban things come out of a house next to The Valley today, could be a hint?