Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]IF we do get our hands on some cash for transfers before the end of the month , Parky might go for Lee Barnard ( Southend) to boost our strike force...

The word via Lee's bro in law who works with a fellow Addick is that the striker is awaiting a call from SE7 and would jump at the chance to join us.

How bizarrre.Was thinking of maybe getting him in just the other day.
  • He sounds great in print.

Lee Barnard
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lee Barnard

Personal information
    Full name Lee James Barnard
    Date of birth 18 July 1984 (1984-07-18) (age 25)
    Place of birth Romford, England
    Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
    Playing position Striker
    Club information
    Current club Southend United
    Number 9
    Senior career1
    Years Club App (Gls)*
    2002–2008
    2004–2005
    2007–2008
    2008– Tottenham Hotspur
    → Exeter City (loan)
    → Stevenage Borough (loan)
    → Leyton Orient (loan)
    → Northampton Town (loan)
    → Crewe Alexandra (loan)
    Southend United 03 0(0)
    02 0(1)
    03 0(0)
    10 0(0)
    03 0(0)
    05 0(2)
    55 (24)
    1 Senior club appearances and goals
    counted for the domestic league only and
    correct as of 15:32, 22 April 2009 (UTC).
    * Appearances (Goals)

Lee James Barnard (born 18 July 1984) is an English footballer currently playing for Southend United.

Born in Romford, London Borough of Havering in 1984, he attended Billericay's Mayflower County High School.

Playing career
    Barnard has played for Leyton Orient, Northampton Town, Exeter City, and Stevenage Borough, all on loan from Tottenham Hotspur.

Thanks to his prodigious goalscoring rate at reserve level he was expected to make his first team debut in the 2005–06 season. He was due to make his debut in the match against Charlton Athletic on 5 February 2006. Tottenham were leading 3–0 until a Charlton goal in the 69th minute meant Martin Jol did not want to bring on another striker so Barnard had to wait. Following the match he suffered a foot sprain which kept him out of action for 5 weeks, only returning for the reserve match against Leicester City on 18 March.

On 17 April he finally got to make his Premier League debut in the 2–1 defeat to Manchester United at White Hart Lane, coming on after 77 minutes as a substitute. He also came on the following week against Bolton Wanderers.

Barnard was one of ten Spurs squad members to be struck down by food poisoning on the evening of 6 May before their crucial final game of the season against West Ham United. Unable to postpone, they went on to lose and therefore slipped to 5th. This allowed rivals Arsenal to take the fourth Champions League place for that season.

On 30 August 2007, Barnard was loaned out to League One team Crewe Alexandra for five months, after a delay due to an injury in training.[1] Barnard made a scoring début in the Railwaymen's 2-0 home win over Huddersfield Town on September 8, 2007. However, he damaged ankle ligaments in late October and returned to Spurs for two months for treatment.[2][3]

Southend United announced on 25 January 2008, that Barnard had signed a permanent contract that will keep him at Roots Hall until 2010.[4]

Barnard had impressed since signing for Southend, with a number of crucial goals, including a late winner at Carlisle United, who had the best home record in the league.

Barnard scored his 10th goal of the season on 13 April 2009 in a 3–2 win against Northampton Town, the first Southend United player of that season to reach double figures.

Southend have an impressive stat of only losing once when Barnard has scored. Barnard has scored a total of 24 goals in a total of 59 appearences for the club.
  • Am in the lounges before the game today.

Anyone prepared to pay me to "force" takeover info from those in the know?.
  • Agree with SHG. Now that Gray has gone we are going to have to get at least two replacements. God help us if Burton got injured as that would leave us with no recognizable strikers whatsoever in my mind. If Dickson was up to it then surely he would at least be on the bench and McCleod has routinely failed to deliver when given the chance. Fleetwood, like the others is out of his depth at this level and I cannot see any of them getting the goals essential for some sort of promotion push. Time for money in (via takeover) and cheque book out.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Am in the lounges before the game today.

Anyone prepared to pay me to "force" takeover info from those in the know?.

How much Clem ?
  • I thought it was unfair to forget this thread and start using another
  • So is Monday's press conference ONLY about Llera, or will there be takeover news?
  • I rekon that if we don`t hear of any transfer movement in or out by wednesday then we might have to wait quite a bit longer for the takeover. Will mean loans in the short term and if everything with the takeover does eventually go through then hopefully some spending in january.
  • edited August 2009
    ¬
  • Dropped your keyboard Chizz?
  • Sponsored links:

• Something like that! (Thanks to England getting another wicket)
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So is Monday's press conference ONLY about Llera, or will there be takeover news?

What? There's a press conference?
  • why would there be a press conference about Llera?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]why would there be a press conference about Llera?[/quote]

Dunno...maybe he's part of the consortium...
  • This is the MAIN takeover thread.....all other threads are pretenders. Please put all your absolute bollox here !!!

Top of the league Charlton....
  • The transfer window closes in about 53 weeks' time. Surely something's going to happen soon.
  • come on you arabs!
  • Do the deal and sheikh hands- please.
  • It sounds from Parky's comments and the sale (loan first) of Gray that things are at an advance stage. My guess is that they are lining players up now on the strength of an understanding that the deal will go through this week.
  • FFS All this speculation- if it happens today it will be relief rather tahn joy :)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2009
    deal signed on friday?
  • No-one told me!
  • me either and i didnt say wot friday so wot do u know.
  • Every weekend we have the deal happening this week, God it is getting a tad tiresome, or it would if I was not such a trusting fool that begins to his hopes up each time (even though he knows he shouldn't)
  • You lot are after the Champers............stop cheating!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: AlexAnder[/cite]FFS All this speculation- if it happens today it will be relief rather tahn joy :)

If it happens at all it will be a relief rather than a joy!
  • it might well appen 2day.
  • The scoreboard wasn't on for the Wycombe game, but it was on for the Walsall game. Therefore i can only assume that the takeover is complete and we now have the money to run it!
  • Scoreboard working; Gray sold; new kit in the superstore. Deal must be done already.
  • has this not happened yet?

You go away leaving NLA and WSS to finalise the minor details such as car parking spaces yet still nothing.

I'll bang some heads together and get it moving.

Watch the OS. Back in blighty Weds.