Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2010

Comments

• Options
    Going update at 8.15am Wed 7 Apr: Rain has eased going on GN course to Soft (Good to Soft in places)

Weather forecast:
    Wednesday cloudy at times, poss light shower, clearing to give sunny spells pm.
    Thursday cloudy at times with poss patchy drizzle am, clearing to give brighter spells in afternoon 13 degrees.
    Friday cloudy with poss drizzle am. Dry and bright in afternoon 15 degrees.
    Saturday dry wih sunshine 15 degrees
  • Options
    Let's all pray it's Snowy Morning. . .
  • Options
    Nice one PM cheers!
  • Options
    Timmy Murphy has chosen to ride Comply Or Die.
    Graham Lee rides The Package.
  • Options
    Have a shortlist of 6 currently, had a good look today.

Niche Market
    Snowy Morning
    ellersie George
    State of Play
    Maljimar
    Arbor Surpreme
  • Options
    I've gone big on hello bud, and put a few quid on Maljimar and Don't push it to hold my interest when Hello Bud inevitably falls in the f*cking paddock
  • Options
    lol...that proper made me laugh out loud carter.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Not massively into horse racing but I thought I'd get an opinion off you well learned fellows. Below is my list which I have got from reading here and a couple of other places. I will probably back e/w :

Hello Bud (50)
    Don’t Push It (33)
    Niche Market (18)
    Snowy Morning (16)
    state of play (20)

How does that look ? Any glaring errors ?
  • Options
    Pretty solid mate. They are all horses who that should be there or there abouts if they jump round.

I think Comply or Die has a bit of Hedgehunter about him, a real National horse that can make the frame again. Timmy's choice is a plus too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maljimar for me e/w. The GN is a great spectacle but a complete lottery.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2010
    The greatest racing myth of all time there Gaz....

You have to have some luck in runnning,but there are horses that have a clear edge over others.
  • Options
    So If I put a quid on, or a quid each way what is the best bet, please keep it simple like a name eh guys.........

The 'mystic art' of horse racing has always left me in a state of confusion, and out of pocket, but we always have a family sweepstake, at the winner buys the first drink, or whoever crosses the line first/finishes.
    I have never won in 50 years, so the bookies love mugs like me.......
  • Options
    Happy with my ante-post voucher on Arbor Supreme and also got Cerium e/w at 66-1

Came 5th last year despite running with a fractured skull for half the race so is clearly one tough cookie!!

Actually much better racing this afternoon than Saturday's lottery.

Can't oppose Big Bucks but will be taking on Imperial Commander in the Bowl - Nacarat looks the one to be on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Hi guys,

Not massively into horse racing but I thought I'd get an opinion off you well learned fellows. Below is my list which I have got from reading here and a couple of other places. I will probably back e/w :

Hello Bud (50)
    Don’t Push It (33)
    Niche Market (18)
    Snowy Morning (16)
    state of play (20)

How does that look ? Any glaring errors ?

No chance with any of those chief ;o)

Going update: unchanged on the GN course at 8am this morning: Soft (good to soft places). Clock that time this afternoon in the Foxhunters: around 5m 30secs = Good, 5m45 secs = Good to Soft, 6mins = soft

Forecast is dry and warming up but if it proves softer than official description, the 2 races on it today and tomorrow won't help. Could be holding and tacky by Saturday, which would be worse than wet.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So new owners of Character Building have jocked off Jamie Codd and replaced him with Nina Carberry.
    She is a fine jockey but this is a tricky horse to time to get his nose in front and it was Jamie Codd (an amateur admittedly but an amateur won the GN as recently as 1990) who gave the horse a superb ride to win at the Festival last year. He must be gutted.
  • Options
    Vic Venturi is the latest one to catch my eye. If only he was a few pounds lighter....good ew value though.

Nina is interesting on Character Building. A jockey that knows obstacles like these very well.
  • Options
    Is Katy Walsh on anything??
  • Options
    I'd hope not.

But she hasn't got a ride, no.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    All top 44 stand their ground at declarations and McCoy rides Dont Push It.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't push it's price will drop now then.
  • Options
    Crazy really, given McCoy's GN record
  • Options
    Exactly PM.

My final 4 [not going to change my mind now!]

Snowy Morning
    State of play
    Vic Venturi
    Hello Bud [followed you on this one - particuarly if the ground is drying out]
  • Options
    Good luck JT
    Haven't been able to clock any times on the Mildmay course yet but will be interesting to see how the GN course rides later.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I made time of Foxhunters approx 5 mins 43 secs - that suggests Good to Soft (pretty much as official description).

Clearly drying weather in next 48 hours suggests going by Saturday should be pretty much Good (maybe Good to Soft places).

Sam Twiston-Davies falling on Baby Run is either good or terrible omen for Hello Bud, depending on how you look at things.
  • Options
    Hello Bud has never fallen though PM, only brought down
  • Options
    Erics Charm and The Package ew
  • Options
    Indeed, but it was STD on his back when it happened at Chepstow (was technically an unseated on Baby Run today) - could do with some velcro on his backside on Saturday.
  • Options
    STD on his back? I had one of those, but it wasnt there!
  • Options
    Silver Birch (running today), Mr Pointment and Abbeybraney (persumably to allow Royal Rosa to run) all out of GN.