Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2010

Comments

• Options
    If any of those horses apart from Backstage wins you make a profit
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    NLJR

£2 E/w
    Joe Lively
    Big Fella thanks
    Snowy Morning

MRSNLA

£2 E/w
    Royal Rosa
    Irish Raptor
    Character building

NLA
    £5 E/w
    Big Fella thanks

£ 2 E/w
    Comply or die
    Mon Mome
    Black alapachi
    Niche Market

The Package £10 to win
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]wot abaht backstage?

Positives: handled National fences nicely in Foxhunters last year over 2.75 miles (though never really in contention to win) / 2 wins from 3 chases at 3 miles+ (only defeat on soft ground – tomorrow’s going is his preferred Good) / canny trainer (won GN with Silver Birch in 2007)

Negatives: even allowing for unsuitable heavy ground, ran poorly 14 days ago (definitely asked for an effort) when 81 length 8th over 2.5 miles / has never run in Class 1 chase over 3 miles+ / carrying 11 stone which, though certainly not a stopping weight, seems plenty for what he’s achieved

Will probably romp home.

I got a text today to back this horse? but i havent

think i have failed miserably this year as i have looked and all 3 horses i picked none have won over distance or on course, Peanut do you think this is quite significant?

I've gone for Snowy Morning to win £10
    Cloudy lane £2.50 eachway
    Joe Lively £2.50 eachway

didnt really look at form or anything too detailed
  • Options
    so far i have guessed each winner on the day, but have not put any money on ...... makes a change, but hopefully its a omen for the Main one although didn't put bets on today
  • Options
    Am on Khyber Kim in the 2.50.

Poor buggers got no chance carrying my weight.
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    nice one off it :o)
    i got this one wrong!- didn't bet though only the GN for me
  • Options
    Ruby Walsh could be injured. Sell BFT!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Fcuk me - let's hope that's a good omen for later and I haven't shot my bolt ealy doors!
    :o)
  • Options
    very very heavy fall for Ruby Walsh on Celestial Halo... does not look good
  • Options
    I've taken Peanuts first four tips but done them all E/W

Fingers crossed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]very very heavy fall for Ruby Walsh on Celestial Halo... does not look good

Got a kick on the head by the looks of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]very very heavy fall for Ruby Walsh on Celestial Halo... does not look good

Got a kick on the head by the looks of it.

could be shoulder by my eyes

either way it's an extremely sore one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

think i have failed miserably this year as i have looked and all 3 horses i picked none have won over distance or on course, Peanut do you think this is quite significant?

Joe Lively £2.50 eachway

Backstage has got the ground he wants but he's not on my list for the reasons I set out.
    Snowy Morning has a big chance - may not have won here but has jumped round twice and (3rd 2 years ago) and is off a good weight.
    Joe Lively needs it soft, has a lot of weight and has not been in great form this year - at best could plug on for a place
    Cloudy Lane has run twice in the GN and doesn’t appear to get the trip - couldn't have him myself
  • Options
    got a fiver on cloudy lane and fiver on joe livley

how serious is the injury?
    was thinking of putting some on big fella thanks wont do now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

Joe Lively £2.50 eachway

Backstage has got the ground he wants but he's not on my list for the reasons I set out.
    Snowy Morning has a big chance - may not have won here but has jumped round twice and (3rd 2 years ago) and is off a good weight.
    Joe Lively needs it soft, has a lot of weight and has not been in great form this year - at best could plug on for a place
    Cloudy Lane has run twice in the GN and doesn’t appear to get the trip - couldn't have him myself

thanks mate, interesting :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I've taken Peanuts first four tips but done them all E/W

Fingers crossed.

Now that's pressure Big H.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]got a fiver on cloudy lane and fiver on joe livley

how serious is the injury?
    was thinking of putting some on big fella thanks wont do now.

still being assessed, no news
    richard johnson could get the ride
  • Options
    "Ruby is being stretchered away from the course at the moment. Nick Scholfield takes the ride on Tatenen in the next and it is looking increasingly likely that Richard Johnson, who came here assuming he would be a spectator for the Grand National, will take the ride on Big Fella Thanks in the big race."
  • Options
    Ruby Walsh has a suspected broken arm and is DEFINITELY OUT of the National
  • Options
    Ive gone for Nozic and Preists Leap e/w. Really banking on an outsider!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I'd be more inclined to back BFT if the price has drifted - classic Grand National twist (think I'll have him for a place as a stake saver at the current price) - especially with Gerraghty on him !!
  • Options
    Barry Gerraghty rides BFT

Richard Johnson now onboard Tricky Trickster

Puzzling why they've made two changes really
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Barry Gerraghty rides BFT

Richard Johnson now onboard Tricky Trickster

Puzzling why they've made two changes really

BG rode him nicely at Newbury and PN is desperate for the win - curious to know whether Tricky Twister's owners had much of a say
  • Options
    Am on Wogan in the next.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Am on Wogan in the next.

May your God go with you.............hang on, wrong geezer
  • Options
    Big AP McCoy-flavoured money on Don't Push it, either that or everyone's following the Peanut Theory!

In from 40, to 20, to 14, to 12/1 SF
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Big AP McCoy-flavoured money on Don't Push it, either that or everyone's following the Peanut Theory!

In from 40, to 20, to 14, to 12/1 SF

I shall charge a commission
  • Options
    can see it starting JF given the Ruby Walsh situation
  • Options
    Still seems to be 24/1 on Betfair and some bookies still 20s. Obviously I think he's one with the right profile (which is regardless of jockey) but the money's all for McCoy - daft really but maybe he'll win it this year on one of the less obvious ones
  • Options
    Now out to 20's, must have just been a mad few minutes