Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Shelvey to sign for Liverpool - Confirmed+++

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jonjo - as others have said you have handled yourself with dignity and will always be fondly remembered as one of ours.

The only sadness is that Paul Walsh, Paul Elliott, Robert Lee, Lee Bowyer and Scott Parker were all given the opportunity to be heroes. Jonjo never was - who's fault is that?
  • Options
    Seems odd £1.7m when as someone said earlier, it's compared to Moses, Smalling, Delph, etc. Suppose there was a lot more hype about them though.

Look on the bright side....at least you didn't get mugged £1.5m for Cahill....still makes my blood boil now!
  • Options
    We'll roll over and lose on Saturday, draw at Oldham & go out the playoffs in the semi finals - same old Charlton.
  • Options
    your as angry as me
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad, never shirked a challenge, never looked uninterested, never had any other look than a player trying his best. He's surpassed us and moved on to bigger better things and I for one wish him the very best of luck. He's made now. I sincerely hope he fulfills his potential and one day gains a full England cap and can make us all proud.

Pleasure to have seen him play, Uncle give him my best.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]We'll roll over and lose on Saturday, draw at Oldham & go out the playoffs in the semi finals - same old Charlton.[/quote

That's the Charlton spirit. Jesus!
  • Options
    he could still be hero. he cant actually leave until the transfer window opens, so is still elligable to play for us in the play offs. technically.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    yer alright, so why wasn't he in the squad saturday then
  • Options
    Good luck Jonjo. I'm certain you will realise your potential and go on to great things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]We'll roll over and lose on Saturday, draw at Oldham & go out the playoffs in the semi finals - same old Charlton.[/quote

That's the Charlton spirit. Jesus!

can you find anything positive in any of this cause I can't.
  • Options
    Good luck at Liverpool Jonjo I hope you have a successful time up there.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yer alright, so why wasn't he in the squad saturday then

he had a virus

***** pinocchio's nose grows*****
  • Options
    Its disappointing to see him go before his talents really came to fruition for the benefit of Charlton and I can only presume that its more of a case of needing the money (a p1ss poor fee) sooner rather than later i.e. if we had held on to him for another season or two, by then we could be further in the financial mire.

Should he have played more often this season? If we had been mid-table all season, I guess he might have got more games, but due to our promotion chasing campaign, perhaps Parky opted for more senior pros to give the side more balance and to erm....do the business.....

Anyway, good luck to Jonjo for the future, I hope he does eventually go on to shine for Liverpool...and England!
  • Options
    yer they have really done the business, we have been shite full stop since before christmas and that twat hasn't been able to see that playing jonjo might turn things around.CLUELESS BLOODY CLUELESS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Gutted absolutely gutted,Jonjo you are a class act from me and Northstandjoe go get em son,and thanks for taking timeout with Joe at Norwich last year.For all you lot defending Parky, when you find out the reason for him not playing Jonjo you will hang your heads.

Go on...

still waiting
  • Options
    i aint going to bloody announce it here am I.I said when you find out,so when you do you will know what I mean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Gutted absolutely gutted,Jonjo you are a class act from me and Northstandjoe go get em son,and thanks for taking timeout with Joe at Norwich last year.For all you lot defending Parky, when you find out the reason for him not playing Jonjo you will hang your heads.

Go on...

still waiting

He's not taking the bait so I'm going to have a completely uneducated and possibly libelous guess...

Jonjo wasn't played because Mooney has a clause in his loan contract that specifies he must play when fit.
  • Options
    No offence NSS but what do you hope to achieve by posting that? Looks like your stirring if you don't back it up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]No offence NSS but what do you hope to achieve by posting that? Looks like your stirring if you don't back it up.
    Agreed. Bloody pointless saying something like that without backing it up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Go on...

still waiting

He's not taking the bait so I'm going to have a completely uneducated and possibly libelous guess...

Jonjo wasn't played because Mooney has a clause in his loan contract that specifies he must play when fit.

Ha ha wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]No offence NSS but what do you hope to achieve by posting that? Looks like your stirring if you don't back it up.

not stirring staying loyal to a friend
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Gutted absolutely gutted,Jonjo you are a class act from me and Northstandjoe go get em son,and thanks for taking timeout with Joe at Norwich last year.For all you lot defending Parky, when you find out the reason for him not playing Jonjo you will hang your heads.

Go on...

still waiting

no wide off the mark
  • Options
    dont give a shit mate, i dont have back feck all up, like Parky obviously doesn't
  • Options
    i just hope we dont get offered Lucas as part of the deal
  • Options

my sentiments exactly

if you know something why not just say it rather than leaving it open ended. There's more than enough conjecture on here - why not give us something concrete
  • Options
    if it's as smoke and mirrors as you suggest NSS, surely it will be one of those things that never comes out, e.g. we've never had an A4 sheet of paper from the board explaining why Dowie was sacked.
  • Options
    or why toddy lamped deano.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]if it's as smoke and mirrors as you suggest NSS, surely it will be one of those things that never comes out, e.g. we've never had an A4 sheet of paper from the board explaining why Dowie was sacked.
    I think that's because it's still ongoing I think. If it gets to court it will come out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]if it's as smoke and mirrors as you suggest NSS, surely it will be one of those things that never comes out, e.g. we've never had an A4 sheet of paper from the board explaining why Dowie was sacked.

i bet it comes out once the lad has secured his move,

the one person who has done eff all wrong is jon and i dont think steve would want to say anything out of turn, i would have thought it is more to say dont think that pp is blameless in this situation
  • Options
    I think that's because it's still ongoing I think. If it gets to court it will come out.

I wasn't aware that it was still ongoing... surely nearly 4 years later it can't be?