Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talksport

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Just had a big row on talksport but they wouldn't let me on the show. They are doing a talk on Jonjo and a palace fan went on and slagged him off saying he's a money grabber and only went there for the money. Also said he will be gone in 3 years when someone else comes in for him. I wasn't allowed to challenge the views of the palace fan because they only wanted people on there that are going to slag him off. After throwing a few f**ks at them they hung up. What a shite radio station

Comments

• Try not to worry about it mate. What do Palarse fans know about anything other than fantasising about their mums and w**king?
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Just had a big row on talksport but they wouldn't let me on the show. They are doing a talk on Jonjo and a palace fan went on and slagged him off saying he's a money grabber and only went there for the money. Also said he will be gone in 3 years when someone else comes in for him. I wasn't allowed to challenge the views of the palace fan because they only wanted people on there that are going to slag him off. After throwing a few f**ks at them they hung up. What a shite radio station

Unbelievable. So they'd rather have a no nothing stripey mug on there than a close relative? Sums that station up and why I stopped listening ages ago.

Not so sure effing and blinding was ever going to change their mind but fair play to you and understandable in the circumstances.
  • edited April 2010
    Totally agree Uncle, once they have their tawdry little agenda they stick to it and screw anyone else.I would have thought it would have been a bit of a feather in their cap to have your perspective on things- but no- lets get some one who really knows.......... a Palace fan!!! Arsewitt radio of the lowest order, truly beggars belief! Bollocks to the Palace fan anyway what the f@@k does he know about Jonjo?? All of us wish him the best of luck and hope to see him win some trophies in the future. He will always be honorary Charlton(as will you) and no Charlton fan would begrudge him a move that will further his career. All the best to you both.
  • Complete piece of shite radio station. Tabloid paper on the airwaves.

Those of us who really matter (the Charlton supporters he's leaving) know its not the reason (and to be honest wouldnt hold it against him after he stuck round for an extra year and didnt feature much) and I doubt anyone who listens to that station and takes it as gospel really matters.
  • Sounds like nonsense. I'd urge all Charlton fans to bombard them with e-mails, texts and phone calls!

We all forgetting one thing though...Palace have the best academy in the world thats why Moses signed for Barcelona, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Wigan Athletic.

You should be very proud of Jonjo today uncle don't them idiots spoil it for you. Everyone at The Valley knows he's not a money grabber like Parker and Defoe were when they left and there is not a single Charlton fan who does not appreciate what Jonjo did for the club. Not a single Charlton fan I've spoken to begrudges Shelvey his move. Good luck to him!
  • unfortunatly the higher he climbs the more of this you will hear or read.

Imagine the tosh seen on here over the months and multiply x 10.

No wonder that some players become off ish with fans and just give cliches to the press.
  • Muggins radio station, I used to work there gave me a bad deal been bitter about it since, can tell you guys tho that when I worked there I made sure every Charlton fan got on and didnt print off any palarse emails lol.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]unfortunatly the higher he climbs the more of this you will hear or read.

Imagine the tosh seen on here over the months and multiply x 10.

No wonder that some players become off ish with fans and just give cliches to the press.
    Very true. If he has a bad game for Liverpool or one day England, there will always be a few people having a go at a player. I mean there are even a few Charlton fans on the OS Your Views that say he's overrated.

It's a move he couldn't turn down, a chance to play alongside Gerrard. I can imagine him being on the bench, not every game, but a fair bit, assuming he doesn't go out on loan.

I can't imagine Jonjo being the type of player that will move clubs regularly for the money. He's ambitious, he might move for regular football at certain points in his career, but you get the feeling he's loyal as well. He's shown that in the two contracts he signed here.

Fact is if it was all about money he wouldn't have signed here at 17, he didn't have to sign that contract. He'd have just taken the best offer and Charlton would have ended up with a bit of compensation like back when Defoe left.
  • What would a Palace fan know about a League 1 player like Jonjo!Its not as if they play in league 1 too ;)
  • Actually, I'm sure palarse fans know a lot about players such as Jonjo. After all, over the last 10 years they have produced players from their ranks such as Victor Moses, er.............
  • Sponsored links:

• like others are saying mate wouldn't worry about it, crap station and just proves it there......protest by not listening to their crap again :o)
  • edited April 2010
    Victor Moses to Wigan summed it up

Scouted by Real Madrid signed by Real Shite

Jonjo's been scouted by the lot and got signed by one of the top 5 clubs in Europe EVER, Wigan aren't the top club in West Lancashire, hold your head high unc
  • Talksport is the aural equivalent of the News Of The World. Any radio station that would employ Rodney Marsh AND Alan Brazil is an utter joke.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Muggins radio station, I used to work there gave me a bad deal been bitter about it since, can tell you guys tho that when I worked there I made sure every Charlton fan got on and didnt print off any palarse emails lol.[/quote]

Hold on .. let me be clear. Some mug on Talksport gets selective about who he lets on the show and your point is that ... ermm ... you used to do the same?

Now I remember why I don't listen to it.
  • No I only let on people for good reasons as well, it was just pot luck the few Charlton fans that did call in did have valid points and obviously being a fan I want them to get on air. I did also regrettingly allow a palarse fan or 2 to come on when they had good points. Also let me be clear when I say "allow" I don't mean I was a producer so I had creative imput I mean that I was the guy on the other end of the phone who decides frankly whether or not a caller is good or bad then puts them in a que to have the chance to go on air. About uncle saying that they only wanted people to go on on and slag him off, well everyone knows that the more controversial you are the more people listen in and want to make a counter-point because of how wound up they are this = better ratings, basic broadcast journalism really, talkSPORT is a decent radio station but I only have gripes with them really because of their treatment of employees which I don't really want to get into here.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]No I only let on people for good reasons as well, it was just pot luck the few Charlton fans that did call in did have valid points and obviously being a fan I want them to get on air. I did also regrettingly allow a palarse fan or 2 to come on when they had good points. Also let me be clear when I say "allow" I don't mean I was a producer so I had creative imput I mean that I was the guy on the other end of the phone who decides frankly whether or not a caller is good or bad then puts them in a que to have the chance to go on air. About uncle saying that they only wanted people to go on on and slag him off, well everyone knows that the more controversial you are the more people listen in and want to make a counter-point because of how wound up they are this = better ratings, basic broadcast journalism really, talkSPORT is a decent radio station but I only have gripes with them really because of their treatment of employees which I don't really want to get into here.[/quote]

My mistake then. I must have misinterpreted your "I made sure every Charlton fan got on and didnt print off any palarse emails lol" statement wrongly.

It really was lucky that EVERY Charlton fan had a valid point then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]No I only let on people for good reasons as well, it was just pot luck the few Charlton fans that did call in did have valid points and obviously being a fan I want them to get on air. I did also regrettingly allow a palarse fan or 2 to come on when they had good points. Also let me be clear when I say "allow" I don't mean I was a producer so I had creative imput I mean that I was the guy on the other end of the phone who decides frankly whether or not a caller is good or bad then puts them in a que to have the chance to go on air. About uncle saying that they only wanted people to go on on and slag him off, well everyone knows that the more controversial you are the more people listen in and want to make a counter-point because of how wound up they are this = better ratings, basic broadcast journalism really, talkSPORT is a decent radio station but I only have gripes with them really because of their treatment of employees which I don't really want to get into here.

My mistake then. I must have misinterpreted your "I made sure every Charlton fan got on and didnt print off any palarse emails lol" statement wrongly.

It really was lucky that EVERY Charlton fan had a valid point then.
    LOL - pwned
  • edited April 2010
    Sorry how have I been owned? And yeah I was really lucky considering I only ever had about 2 Charlton fans call in the whole time I worked there, not like our fanbase is as big as Man Utds where every other caller is one moron! You really think every other fan is going to be Charlton? And as for palarse fans emails, yeah that was another aspect of the show but we literally got hundreds of emails that they wernt necessary anyway and all they MIGHT have got is credit for coming up with something that a hundred other people would have already said. So why don't you think before you speak next time and maybe learn what broadcast journalism is about and how a studio is run before you start running your mouth.
  • Forza - I assume you know a Millwall fan who started doing a very similar thing to what you just explained you did? (on the phones, winding callers up then putting them in queue....)
  • [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite] I only ever had about 2 Charlton fans call in the whole time I worked there,

Hopefully because most of us are too smart to want to ring up such a shite radio station.
  • Sponsored links:

• How can a palace fan judge anyway.
  • Forza, did you used to work there about 5 years ago when after every week 'Kelvin from Sevenoaks' was put through on air to moan about Curbs, when it was never made known that Kelvin from Sevenoaks was the station manager ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]I only ever had about 2 Charlton fans call in the whole time I worked there,

Hopefully because most of us are too smart to want to ring up such a shite radio station.

LOL made me chuckle Henry a true point i have gone right off talksport now.
  • I wouldnt worry about it Uncle, the fact they probably done this piece is that are just bitter,look at there so called pundits, Jason Cundy,Ray Houghton,and Mick Quinn hardly qualified to talk about football, more like booze and pies
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Forza, did you used to work there about 5 years ago when after every week 'Kelvin from Sevenoaks' was put through on air to moan about Curbs, when it was never made known that Kelvin from Sevenoaks was the station manager ?

Kelvin was the station owner!

That nice Mr McKenzie.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Forza - I assume you know a Millwall fan who started doing a very similar thing to what you just explained you did? (on the phones, winding callers up then putting them in queue....)[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Forza, did you used to work there about 5 years ago when after every week 'Kelvin from Sevenoaks' was put through on air to moan about Curbs, when it was never made known that Kelvin from Sevenoaks was the station manager ?[/quote]

Yes I did work with a Millwall fan Sparrows, but I wouldnt say really that it was our job to wind people up on the phones, more the presenters job to get reactions out of people.

No, I wasnt there 5 years ago AFKA, I worked there last year for a while when I had just come out of uni.
  • [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry how have I been owned? And yeah I was really lucky considering I only ever had about 2 Charlton fans call in the whole time I worked there, not like our fanbase is as big as Man Utds where every other caller is one moron! You really think every other fan is going to be Charlton? And as for palarse fans emails, yeah that was another aspect of the show but we literally got hundreds of emails that they wernt necessary anyway and all they MIGHT have got is credit for coming up with something that a hundred other people would have already said. So why don't you think before you speak next time and maybe learn what broadcast journalism is about and how a studio is run before you start running your mouth.
    Paragraphs are your friend.

You were owned because your original post pointed out that you made sure you got all the fans from the team you support on the radio to air their views - which is exactly what Uncle's original point was. You then backtracked significantly from that point after being called on it. I know full well what 'broadcast journalism' is about - and Talksport ain't it.
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I wouldnt worry about it Uncle, the fact they probably done this piece is that are just bitter,look at there so called pundits, Jason Cundy,Ray Houghton,and Mick Quinn hardly qualified to talk about football, more like booze and pies

Most sensible thing on here. Not many of the pundits on talksport are qualified to talk about football though. Lets look at some of the more classical ones Mike Parry, Jeremy Kyle, Ronnie Arnie, none i would say are qualified to talk about football jeremey kyle would probably get into some moral debate over taxes and daming people for using drugs maybe hes good at that but on talksport he just says some really silly things, speaking of silly things Mike Parry with his ridiculous sweeping statements and getting all up tight about every thing just gives me a headache, how Andy Townsend puts up with him i will never know.

ALSO: my dad worked with Ronnie Arnie and we got some free tix to Essex cricket ground to see them play Srilanka while Arnie still played Cricket hes a nice guy know squat about football though cricket yes football no.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Forza - I assume you know a Millwall fan who started doing a very similar thing to what you just explained you did? (on the phones, winding callers up then putting them in queue....)
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Forza, did you used to work there about 5 years ago when after every week 'Kelvin from Sevenoaks' was put through on air to moan about Curbs, when it was never made known that Kelvin from Sevenoaks was the station manager ?

Yes I did work with a Millwall fan Sparrows, but I wouldnt say really that it was our job to wind people up on the phones, more the presenters job to get reactions out of people.

No, I wasnt there 5 years ago AFKA, I worked there last year for a while when I had just come out of uni.

He is a very good mate of mine. Sounds like a decent job.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986Most sensible thing on here. Not many of the pundits on talksport are qualified to talk about football though. Lets look at some of the more classical ones Mike Parry, Jeremy Kyle, Ronnie Arnie, none i would say are qualified to talk about football jeremey kyle would probably get into some moral debate over taxes and daming people for using drugs maybe hes good at that but on talksport he just says some really silly things, speaking of silly things Mike Parry with his ridiculous sweeping statements and getting all up tight about every thing just gives me a headache, how Andy Townsend puts up with him i will never know.

ALSO: my dad worked with Ronnie Arnie and we got some free tix to Essex cricket ground to see them play Srilanka while Arnie still played Cricket hes a nice guy know squat about football though cricket yes football no.

His name is Ronnie Irani not Arnie.