Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talksport

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Anyone listening? Tony from Essex! What a classic. Don't normally listen but 5Live are playing bloody music!
    He was a cockney Liverpool fan going on about how Sturridge shouldn't play for England. It was hilarious.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Riviera said:

Anyone listening? Tony from Essex! What a classic. Don't normally listen but 5Live are playing bloody music!
    He was a cockney Liverpool fan going on about how Sturridge shouldn't play for England. It was hilarious.

fantastic call, and Diego Costa is not English you know :-)
  • Options
    At least on Talksport they pronounce Basel properly unlike the BBC. It's BAAL not BASIL. I spoke directly to Swiss Bank Corporation Basel for years as an international IDB (Inter Dealer Broker).
  • Options
    Apparently it depends if you are German or Italian speaking Swiss on which way you pronounce it . It can be said both ways.
  • Options
    Ok Juan.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

At least on Talksport they pronounce Basel properly unlike the BBC. It's BAAL not BASIL. I spoke directly to Swiss Bank Corporation Basel for years as an international IDB (Inter Dealer Broker).

Ooooo
  • Options
    Speaking Swiss?
  • Options
    A Liverpool just called up and was talking about the signings Rodgers made, his exact words were
    "Lazar Marković just does not have the bite required to play for Liverpool"

Wrong choice of words there mate
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Riviera said:

Nah its basel... Said as it is written in Swiss German and also if Swiss are speaking in English.

In Baseler Dütsch it sounds like "bearsel" as their accent makes the "a" sound like it has an umlaut.

It's not baal...the "s" is not silent.

The confusion probably arises because the French pronunciation hides the "s". However, as a very Germanic style City in Ostschweiz, technically you'd be correct with "basel".

You don't hear many people talking of the Baal II solvency accord now do you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't read through the 8 pages of this thread so apologies if it's already been covered. I can't stand Adrian Durham. Loves the sound of his own voice and opinion. Because he's written a book believes it puts him on a higher plane than your average football broadcaster/journalist. Was very quick to slate us for the cancelled fixture against Barnsley last season without knowing that we probably couldn't afford/had owners that wanted to invest in fixing it.

I remember him interviewing Carl Jenkinson, banging on about how he'll be the future for England at RB. I like Carl but would prob put people like nathaniel clyne ahead of him. But because Durham thought he'd unearthed the future, he wouldn't shut up.

All in all, he's a melon