Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Poor bloke Forza makes an off the cuff comment trying to give a humorous twist to the conversation and gets shot down with a moral argument defending Palace fans right to free speech on the airwaves.

Shame some of you lot aren't terrorist interogators as Bin Laden would have been found 5 years ago!

Internet warriorism is quite possibly the funniest phenomenon of the last decade and suprised there hasnt been a film made about it yet.
  • Options
    Just played Sport IQ in this weeks TalkSport mag - well worth a go!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Poor bloke Forza makes an off the cuff comment trying to give a humorous twist to the conversation and gets shot down with a moral argument defending Palace fans right to free speech on the airwaves.

Shame some of you lot aren't terrorist interogators as Bin Laden would have been found 5 years ago!

Internet warriorism is quite possibly the funniest phenomenon of the last decade and suprised there hasnt been a film made about it yet.
    Not seen 'Jay and Silent Bob strike back' then? :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986Most sensible thing on here. Not many of the pundits on talksport are qualified to talk about football though. Lets look at some of the more classical ones Mike Parry, Jeremy Kyle, Ronnie Arnie, none i would say are qualified to talk about football jeremey kyle would probably get into some moral debate over taxes and daming people for using drugs maybe hes good at that but on talksport he just says some really silly things, speaking of silly things Mike Parry with his ridiculous sweeping statements and getting all up tight about every thing just gives me a headache, how Andy Townsend puts up with him i will never know.

ALSO: my dad worked with Ronnie Arnie and we got some free tix to Essex cricket ground to see them play Srilanka while Arnie still played Cricket hes a nice guy know squat about football though cricket yes football no.[/cite]
    [cite]

His name is Ronnie Irani not Arnie.[/cite]

Sorry you know what im like wit spelling and typos.

[cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Poor bloke Forza makes an off the cuff comment trying to give a humorous twist to the conversation and gets shot down with a moral argument defending Palace fans right to free speech on the airwaves.

LOl like that Rodney :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Not seen 'Jay and Silent Bob strike back' then? :)
    I am the CLIT commander!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][/quote]
    Paragraphs are your friend.

You were owned because your original post pointed out that you made sure you got all the fans from the team you support on the radio to air their views - which is exactly what Uncle's original point was. You then backtracked significantly from that point after being called on it. I know full well what 'broadcast journalism' is about - and Talksport ain't it.[/quote]

Well I wouldn't call it being "owned" and that rant was aimed at Dave Rudd anyway who now seems to have bottled it. Also I havent backtracked at all, I've just said that only 2 Charlton fans phoned up and I got them both on air and being a Charlton fan myself I wanted them to come on, obviously they had good points to make as well. People shouldnt assume that hundreds of Charlton fans phoned up the station and I got them all on air just cos they were Charlton, if Dave Rudd thought for a minute how big our fanbase was compared to other teams, its obvious the likelyhood of a lot of Charlton fans ringing talkSPORT wouldnt be very high.
  • Options
    Not posting a reply doesn't mean Dave has bottled it. He may not have logged on since or just not be that bothered.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not posting a reply doesn't mean Dave has bottled it. He may not have logged on since or just not be that bothered.

Gee thanks for clearing that one up. Really don't know how this board functions when you're not around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Paragraphs are your friend.

You were owned because your original post pointed out that you made sure you got all the fans from the team you support on the radio to air their views - which is exactly what Uncle's original point was. You then backtracked significantly from that point after being called on it. I know full well what 'broadcast journalism' is about - and Talksport ain't it.

Well I wouldn't call it being "owned" and that rant was aimed at Dave Rudd anyway who now seems to have bottled it. Also I havent backtracked at all, I've just said that only 2 Charlton fans phoned up and I got them both on air and being a Charlton fan myself I wanted them to come on, obviously they had good points to make as well. People shouldnt assume that hundreds of Charlton fans phoned up the station and I got them all on air just cos they were Charlton, if Dave Rudd thought for a minute how big our fanbase was compared to other teams, its obvious the likelyhood of a lot of Charlton fans ringing talkSPORT wouldnt be very high.[/quote]

I also think you could add that all talksport tend to talk about is prem football and top flight stuff they tend not to care about clubs like us anyway so why would most Charlton fans bother.
  • Options
    Why diddnt that quote properly how annoying. Yea i wouldn't suggest dave has bottled it though mate there could be any number of reasons why he hasn't replied.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ru - I don't listen to talksport much but they have got a few of our players and our CEO on there quite a few times. Or maybe it's more a Millwall thing as one of the presenters goes Millwall sometimes and obviously Ian Wright was on there who claims to support us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Ru - I don't listen to talksport much but they have got a few of our players and our CEO on there quite a few times. Or maybe it's more a Millwall thing as one of the presenters goes Millwall sometimes and obviously Ian Wright was on there who claims to support us.

Yea i have never understood that but then you guys tend to get more press than us anyways but yea im not sure why you, Norwich and Leeds have had loads of pres this season maybe its because you all get more exciting results than us. Who knows how it works
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Not sure what I've 'bottled'. My comments were based on forzajuve_27's original claim that "when I worked there I made sure every Charlton fan got on and didnt print off any palarse emails lol."

Forgive me for not realising that he was referring to only two fans, but I think I made my point.

Now ... remind me ... what have I bottled?
  • Options
    Haha was just a good old wind up, but yes glad you've realised you shouldn't assume things.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Haha was just a good old wind up, but yes glad you've realised you shouldn't assume things.[/quote]

Note to self: Must remember that 'Every' = 'Both'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Haha was just a good old wind up, but yes glad you've realised you shouldn't assume things.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Haha was just a good old wind up, but yes glad you've realised you shouldn't assume things.[/quote]

Note to self: Must remember that 'Every' = 'Both'[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Haha was just a good old wind up, but yes glad you've realised you shouldn't assume things.[/quote]

Oh dear.[/quote]

@ Dave Rudd - Ok bad choice of words, but really how many Charlton fans did you expect to call talkSPORT on a regular basis?

@ Henry Irving - Something wrong with what I said?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Haha was just a good old wind up, but yes glad you've realised you shouldn't assume things.

Note to self: Must remember that 'Every' = 'Both'
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Oh dear.

@ Dave Rudd - Ok bad choice of words, but really how many Charlton fans did you expect to call talkSPORT on a regular basis?

@ Henry Irving - Problem with what I said?

Forzajuve in fairness initially you implied you only let charlton fans, so dont try and twist it as if you read back does seem like could be quite alot and not 2

And Dave at no point has said many fans he was just using what you were saying
  • Options
    There having a debate about beards right now. Which has suceeeded an interview with Rossi from Satus Quo which culminated in Mike Parry singing "down down deeper and down". Why am I listening to this rubbish ?

Is there actully a decent station on the internet which discussus Football ?
  • Options
    does it really matter. Talksport is crap, we all agree on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]does it really matter. Talksport is crap, we all agree on that.

lol agreed ;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    . deleted myself as henry's was
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]does it really matter. Talksport is crap, we all agree on that.

Yes Gary agreed its pointless radio.
  • Options
    Bit early for pointless in fighting isn't it? The season is still running, plenty of time to abuse our fellow fans from June onwards (or early May hopefully)

ps. I quite like Talksport especially H&J in the afternoon.
  • Options
    Yeah talksport really rocks...ahem! Alan Brazils quote from Wednesday morning. "Barcelona are going to have a goal fest against Milan" a sober more inteligent man might have hedged his bets.
  • Options
    don't mind talksport personally H&J are pretty decent in the afternoon, passes the time a bit quicker on some longer drives in the car..
  • Options
    H&J are excellent.

I don't bother with the rest of the outpu.

Brazil is never sober! and that idiot Ronnie Irani is useless.

Darren Gough would probably think Wagstaff is better than Jonjo. . . .

It's gone right downhill.

*Deppeth Depff*
  • Options
    too left wing for me.

H & J OK but that's when Danny Baker is on GLR.
  • Options
    Are they not up for some awards for their breakfast show? I quite like Alan Brazil