Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Richard Keys and Andy Gray are to end their mid-morning TalkSport show to return to television more than two years after the sexism scandal that forced them out of Sky.

The football pundits will no longer present their three-hour Sony Radio Academy Award-winning weekday show, but have signed up to front a new Friday evening football preview programme for the commercial radio station.

The Friday show, which is likely to be called Kick Off, will launch before the 2013/14 football season in August and air between 7pm and 10pm every Friday night. Keys and Gray will also continue to host live football commentaries for TalkSport.

The pair have reportedly signed up to present a range of football programmes for the English language channel of Al Jazeera. According to The Daily Mail, they will base themselves in Doha as they look to resurrect their TV careers.

Keys tweeted on Monday: “Wouldn’t and couldn’t “walk out” on TS. I owe them too much. Best work place I’ve ever been in. Doesn’t try to be something it isn’t.

“Back in August with a new Friday evening show. Going to be concentrating on tv work going forward. TS feels like family. That won’t change.”

Gray was sacked by Sky in January 2011 for making “unacceptable and offensive” remarks in an off air incident with fellow presenter Charlotte Jackson, while Keys resigned days later.

The pair were recorded making sexist comments about female assistant referee Sian Massey and other clips emerged of both of them making inappropriate comments on other occassions.
  • Options
    their programme was getting stale .. Keys is a good old professional but Gray ? .. he was very nice to my eldest son once upon a time so I'll say no more
  • Options
    Ray Stubbs currently hosting a football discussion. Sensible, professional and non-sensational radio. Could be the old Five Live if it weren't for the adverts.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Ray Stubbs currently hosting a football discussion. Sensible, professional and non-sensational radio. Could be the old Five Live if it weren't for the adverts.

And then Jason Cundy joined in......
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Dominic Cork is quite good.

Reckon Brazil was out on the lash (again) last night. Kept getting his words mixed up and went to a break saying it was "Eight minutes past twelve". It was of course 8:12am!
  • Options
    bbob said:

The pair have reportedly signed up to present a range of football programmes for the English language channel of Al Jazeera. According to The Daily Mail, they will base themselves in Doha as they look to resurrect their TV careers.

Keys has been doing some presenting on Al Jazeera throughout this season, particularly on the European matches. Its usually him, Lineker or Angus Scott (ex-ITV) that host the footy out here.

• Options
    Glad Keys and Gray are going, only listen to H & J, Durham needs to be shot of Gough and Brazil makes me laugh (especially when still pissed) but can't stick Biriani
  • Options

bbob said:

Keys has been doing some presenting on Al Jazeera throughout this season, particularly on the European matches. Its usually him, Lineker or Angus Scott (ex-ITV) that host the footy out here.

They're not out there, programmes made in UK.
  • Options
    No Alan Brazil this morning . 'Glug , glug , hic'
  • Options
    Riviera said:

bbob said:

They're not out there, programmes made in UK.
    Sorry........should have made it clear to you that the footy is shown out here.
    Happy?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you'd like to meet Alan Brazil just pop into Bow Wine Vaults in Bow Lane, just off Cheapside, almost anytime he's not on air.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

If you'd like to meet Alan Brazil just pop into Bow Wine Vaults in Bow Lane, just off Cheapside, almost anytime he's not on air.

Also, The Gun on Isle of dogs near where his flat is at The Marriot. Do good food there.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Another great programme tonight with the excellent Ray Stubbs. Wally Downes was guest tonight. Never really thought much about him, serial No.2, been involved in some crappy teams at crappy clubs and has a stupid name for someone of his age.
    Well I don't think I've even heard him talk before but what a revelation. Spoke so sensibly about football and the modern football. He's certainly no old fogey, stuck in the 70's/80's type as he's name and pedigree suggests. Well up with and embraces many modern attitudes about fitness, training and diet etc.
    Said that if he doesn't get a job soon it will be the first time he's not been in a beginning of season team photo for 36 years. Just missed out on Sheff Utd he said.
    He also revealed that his mate Vinnie Jones has now been in 78 (Seventy Eight) films! That's almost twice as many as the great Steve McQueen.
  • Options
    I have just heard the funniest radio quiz ever. Some bloke has just answered 15/15 on the most obscure questions on last seasons Premiership shirt numbers. TalkSport actually said originally he only got 14 but he challenged them to say he got the one correct that they said he didn't, he was right!
    What a sad statto!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Another great programme tonight with the excellent Ray Stubbs. Wally Downes was guest tonight. Never really thought much about him, serial No.2, been involved in some crappy teams at crappy clubs and has a stupid name for someone of his age.
    Well I don't think I've even heard him talk before but what a revelation. Spoke so sensibly about football and the modern football. He's certainly no old fogey, stuck in the 70's/80's type as he's name and pedigree suggests. Well up with and embraces many modern attitudes about fitness, training and diet etc.
    Said that if he doesn't get a job soon it will be the first time he's not been in a beginning of season team photo for 36 years. Just missed out on Sheff Utd he said.
    He also revealed that his mate Vinnie Jones has now been in 78 (Seventy Eight) films! That's almost twice as many as the great Steve McQueen.

Did he say why he left West Ham in rather strange circumstances.
    Even their fans were bemused by his departure.

• Options
    porkie parry is back on monday morning 7-7.30 regular news review or something. Should be back full time.
  • Options
    pioneer said:

porkie parry is back on monday morning 7-7.30 regular news review or something. Should be back full time.

I get the feeling that H&J will be very busy with clips of the week next week.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Parry's a legend, still laugh when I think about his suggestion to fit Racehorses with wing mirrors.
  • Options
    pioneer said:

Thanks for letting us know , this fella is a right laugh in the mornings , had gone off Talksport as they kept changing their presenters.

• Options

Parry's a legend, still laugh when I think about his suggestion to fit Racehorses with wing mirrors.

Ejector seats for formula one drivers , how long will it be before man can run the 100m sprint in under a second?

Some Everton supporting mates if ours had the 'pleasure' of getting a train back from an away match with him once. They reckon he's totally mental.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parry's gaffs

"If Ronaldinho joins Blackburn it will turn the whole circus into a circus"

"Morten Gamst Pedersen should be given a posthumous red card"

"Tony Pulis is literally giving blood 24 hours a day"

"Man City have put a spanner in the waves"

"Has Robbie Keane ever set on fire at any team he's played for?"

"Stamford Bridge holds 42,000. So ten per cent of that would be about 4.1 thousand"

"A blizzard was blazing all around him"

"Blackburn's new owners... the Indian farmers from chicken"

"There's a certain Englishness about the English game"

"The ref is in a no-win, no-lose situation"

"Making predictions is like throwing a dartboard at the fixture list"

"When he takes a penalty, Graham Alexander turns his foot into a spatula-type device"

"The England game was a bit of a damp squid"

"Jo has become a national hero on half of Merseyside"

"Darren Bent's second goal was a mastercraft"

"Nothing can expand without it growing"

"You could visibly hear the strain in Michael Owen's voice there"

"Did you have any Mogadon tablets to keep you awake?"

"Neil Warnock has kept a sack of letters from n'er-do-gooders"

"Anfield will be a fortress cauldron today"

"Peter Crouch is absolutely centrifugal to Sven's plans"

"You can't turn a sow's ear into a rose. Or a flower"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    How did it take me so long to see that video?

Utterly immense
  • Options
    Alan Brazil is doing the breakfast show Live from The Trent Bridge Inn on Wednesday morning:
    As someone said yesterday, letting the fox in with the hens...........
  • Options
    That video is absolutely superb! Classic Parry being a tube!
  • Options

That video is absolutely superb! Classic Parry being a tube!

This! Superb

• Options
    Have woken the house up crying with laughter! Too funny!

You shouldn't laugh at a bloke whose had heart problems, but that is beyond hysterical!

Good old Porky!
  • Options
    People might call Parry a bit of a clown but at least he ain't Olly bloody Murs!
  • Options
    Colin Murray to replace Keys & Gray from 12th August
  • Options

Colin Murray to replace Keys & Gray from 12th August

nononononononono .. no no no .. unless this means at last he's been sacked by the BBC ..... for some reason just the words Colin and Murray turn my mood red red homicidal (:->)