Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Tried listening to the station recently for the first time based on the fact it's called 'Talksport'! Boy, what a load of commercially driven dross fronted by presenters who are probably not good enough to present on any other main stream station.

The arguments raised are based on nothing but greed in an attempt to wind the listener up to the extent that it causes him (in the main) to ring up/text whilst at the same time swelling the Talksport coffers. Some presenters (e.g. the inane fella who supports 'posh') would swear that black is white in order to get a 'rise' out of the listener and therefore get money for his commercially driven bosses.

I think it truly is a pile of pony, fronted by nothing more than wannabe amateurs.
  • Options
    To be fair, they had to keep Ronnie on for a few years just in case he developed a personality and stopped lying.
  • Options
    I call it Talkshite, wife listens to it constantly whilst I just ignore it as best I can
  • Options
    I think Durham is superb, really entertaining show. The Daily Arsenal is hilarious and he likes giving stick to Palace. Sometimes argues for the sake of getting a rise from the listeners but that's needed sometimes on a radio talk show.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

To be fair, they had to keep Ronnie on for a few years just in case he developed a personality and stopped lying.

Nasser Hussain slaughters Irani in his autobiography for being a lying, two-faced bastard, not a very popular guy by all accounts is Ronnie.

F'ing dreadful cricketer as well on the international stage.
  • Options
    Why was he sacked? Apart from the obvious.
  • Options
    Can't stand TS. Can't shine a light to 5 Live IMO.
  • Options
    Listen to the last minute where Alan Brazil sticks the knife in..... "When you're in London send me a text...."

The freeloading finally caught up with Irani, the only man on the radio who made Darren Gough seem intelligent.....

http://youtu.be/uTGtgQUSSxk
  • Options
    Matt Holland in for Irani today. Excellent news , talks a lot of sense.
  • Options
    I've been saying it for years, terrible radio station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going to put it out there...I liked Ronnie Irani.

For me he had quite a dry sense of humour which I "got".

Matt Holland, for me, was a great footballer but has a lack of personality to become a permanent fixture on the breakfast show. He always seems to want to have an opinion but never quite does!
  • Options
    Apart from Danny Kelly's show,it's absolute brain-rot broadcasting.
  • Options
    The "my sporting life" thing that Kelly does is fantastic.
  • Options

I'm going to put it out there...I liked Ronnie Irani.

For me he had quite a dry sense of humour which I "got".

Not many others did, which is why he's out on his ear.

• Options
    I'm sure Ronnie Irani was hosting a cricket focused programme on Talksport yesterday (or maybe Saturday). Gus Fraser was his guest.
    Maybe I imagined it!
  • Options
    He was.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm sure Ronnie Irani was hosting a cricket focused programme on Talksport yesterday (or maybe Saturday). Gus Fraser was his guest.
    Maybe I imagined it!

He did: Apparently he is "great friends" of the Talksport Controller. Something strange going on methinks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2329991/Ronnie-Irani-sacked--Charles-Sale-column-TalkSport-axe-breakfast-host.html

Irani is known to be a close friend of station boss Taunton, who has nevertheless allowed Fisher, who replaced Moz Dee, to make the changes he wants.

• Options
    "Brazil is expected to be joined in future by a varied cast of co-presenters including Matt Holland, Ray Parlour and Brian Moore, who is likely to be even more irritating than Irani"

Ha ha
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    James Whale late night shows were fantastic entertainment until he got sacked for political bias.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

James Whale late night shows were fantastic entertainment until he got sacked for political bias.

I used to love the way he dismissed anyone with a hint of uncertainty in their voice. "Your through to the James Whale show" (caller slightly stumbles) "What an idiot, next caller"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ian Collins was superb, listened one night when he absolutely destroyed the hideous hag who defended Raul Moat shooting coppers etc, such a vile ignorant bint she was, Collins destroyed her and showed her up for what she was.
  • Options
    I cant listen to the station. Too many adverts and presenters trying to get a reaction from it's audience.

Oh yeah and there's Stan collymore..
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Ian Collins was superb, listened one night when he absolutely destroyed the hideous hag who defended Raul Moat shooting coppers etc, such a vile ignorant bint she was, Collins destroyed her and showed her up for what she was.

Remember listening to that show was one of the greatest broadcasts i heard

Couldnt beat porkie and brazil side splitting breakfast radio

• Options
    Ray Houghton was on BBC Radio 5Live tonight, he was excellent. He totally showed up David Bloody Pleat for what he is, an out of date, out of touch idiot.
  • Options
    Durham was mugged out in Rio. He is due to give his account on air today.
  • Options
    Its a far far better station in the last 6 months, seems to have lost a lot of the pointless bombastic crap, and become more considered.

Brazil in the morning is still unlistenable though
  • Options

Durham was mugged out in Rio. He is due to give his account on air today.

The Brilliant Tim Vickery lives out in Rio .. he was mugged a few years ago and was quite seriously beaten .. gringos beware
  • Options
    Gone to pot on the non-Sports side since Whale and Collins went.
  • Options

Gone to pot on the non-Sports side since Whale and Collins went.

That is the new, or at least quite recent, talksport policy. All the programmes will be sports orientated. The overnight show which used to cover all topics via phone in is now all sports as well, covering USA, Australia etc., and is very informative for us occasional insomniacs.
    Even the infamous Gorgeous George Galloping Galloway was laid off because of the change of policy.
    Talksport as a whole is either OK: Kelly, Brazil (whom I quite like as a radio pundit, he is well up on most sports), Hawksby & Jacobs, Durham, Saggers, Quinn, or atrocious: Goldstein, Gould, Gough, the BBC female reject who has taken over sat and sun afternoons, Georgie Bingham. Radio 5Live is going backwards, talkSPORT is improving. I can listen to most radio shows as long as Colin Murray is not on. Nowadays on Radio5, that desire is becoming more & more difficult !!
  • Options
    Danny Kelly is very good I think - the "sports-bar" is like a lads night out really.

Don't get to listen to much during the day but not keen on Saggers working with Micky Quinn during the weekend mornings.

Adrian Durham is good if not in wind up mode.