Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]On a side note that tackle was shocking I hope he get the book thrown at him

Its all about getting the ref on your side early in the game. If you saw when he put that bloke into the advertising boards,afterwards him and the ref were having a joke together and jonjo was patting him on the back. An hour later the bad tackle comes the ref does nothing. Need to get something tattooed on his head after that header maybe a target or an arrow
  • Options
    Poor header mate shouldve scored.

The tackle he got away with was hillariuos how the hell did he get away with it
  • Options
    Was it a tackle Jonjo made or a tackle made on him?
  • Options
    if its the same one im thinking of then a tackle he made late on....the ref just played on.

how bad was their blokes one on ngog. shocker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Was it a tackle Jonjo made or a tackle made on him?

Cant really class it as a tackle because he was a week away from the ball ha ha ha
  • Options
    Your right that header i cringed ha ha poor sod.

Ngog one was terrible as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Was it a tackle Jonjo made or a tackle made on him?

Cant really class it as a tackle because he was a week away from the ball ha ha ha

You can take the boy out of League 1, but you can't take League 1 out of the boy!
  • Options
    Well well NSS I am still awaiting a reply. I want to come to plant the seed in your mind that blossoms into full Rose tintedness!
  • Options
    Dazzler I think barnsey is married and his missus won't like him planting seeds anywhere
  • Options
    Lmao!

Didnt mean to sound so erm inuendical (made this word up)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Liverpool leading Chelsea 2-0 and Shelvey on the bench!

Shelvey on with 10 minutes to go
  • Options
    Just come on!
  • Options
    Good on him.

Full house at Anfield and beating the champions.

Whatever the INS and outs of his treatment here (and I'm firmly in the camp that it wad a total joke him not playing last season) there's no doubt moving to Liverpool has been amazing for him as a player.
  • Options
    Another appearance. Good to hear. More of them please means more money for us.
  • Options
    I hope some on here stop knocking him now.

I didn't believe he would feature in such a vital game so early in his Liverpool career . Good luck to him. Like others I've been impressed with the way his family have supported him and done the right thing by Charlton .

It was certainly the right move for him and probably us as I hope he will make the appearances to boost our fee .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I hope some on here stop knocking him now.

Yeah well said. Its funny that the ones who are on here straight away pointing out when he aint playing go very quite when he is. Liverpool have played 23 games this season and Jonjo's featured in 8 of those games and its only the first week of november. So for all of you that laughed and said he wouldn't get 15 games for all of you that said career gone backwards and for all of you that said he should be loaned out to a championship team, you know nothing about football. This week he's played against Napoli in the euroupa league and Chelsea in the premiership. Rant Over.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yeah well said. Its funny that the ones who are on here straight away pointing out when he aint playing go very quite when he is. Liverpool have played 23 games this season and Jonjo's featured in 8 of those games and its only the first week of november. So for all of you that laughed and said he wouldn't get 15 games for all of you that said career gone backwards and for all of you that said he should be loaned out to a championship team, you know nothing about football. This week he's played against Napoli in the euroupa league and Chelsea in the premiership. Rant Over.

Uncle - I don't think many of us were 'knocking' him. Why would we do that? More like questioning the so-called 'guarantee' of 15-20 games this season.

Of course, if ten minutes here and there counts as a game, he may well do it. What's the total playing time that he has registered in the eight games so far?

Personally, I'm delighted that things are going well for him. But I still maintain that no player, not Torres, not Gerrard, not Shelvey is guaranteed a certain number of appearances.
  • Options
    Well done Jonjo on making your debut in The Premiership.

I also win my bet with my mate, who said he would never play in the Prem :-)
  • Options
    Yes well done Jonjo, against the champions at Anfield.
    Think we would all like to have done that, trouble is none of us will, but think we play a great game behind the keyboard!
    Hope he gets a goal soon.
  • Options
    Sadly I cannot imagine the emotion that he has gone through sitting on the bench for such a big game and then coming on and being part of a Liverpool team that actually beat the strongest team in the UK.I 'm not in the Kiveanchy camp but nor am i in the knockers camp (well the shelvey knocker, a nice pair of 36C's are ok). But I am so jealous of Jonjo, who amongst us have not dreamed of being where he is today,let alone where he is going. I'd give my right arm to have the life that Jonjo has before him,sadly my talen would never have set me up to tie his laces. Well done Jonjo and and good luck for the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]

Uncle - I don't think many of us were 'knocking' him. Why would we do that? More like questioning the so-called 'guarantee' of 15-20 games this season.

Of course, if ten minutes here and there counts as a game, he may well do it. What's the total playing time that he has registered in the eight games so far?

Personally, I'm delighted that things are going well for him. But I still maintain that no player, not Torres, not Gerrard, not Shelvey is guaranteed a certain number of appearances.

Blah, blah, blah....

Well done Jonjo...
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm not knocking him and when I've seen him play this year he has played well and is always looking for the ball.

However, I'm sure you said he would start 15-20 games this season? I may be wrong - can't be bothered to trawl through hundreds of posts to find out! Not having a digg but does 5 minutes as a time wasting tactic by Woy Hodgson really count?

Good luck to him though and I would actually say there are times when he should have featured more this season - Bolton last weekend being one of them.
  • Options
    everytime he makes these 5 minute appearances the club edges closer to picking up money.
  • Options
    How much money do we get out of it?
  • Options
    When you look at the stats for appearances it will say 8 appearances it doesn’t give you minutes on the pitch. I was mocked on here for saying he would play in 15-20 games, now that seems more than possible the rules have somehow changed and i’m meant to tell you how many minutes he’ll get over a season dear oh dear. He has so far appeared in more than a third of their games, appeared being the operative word. Do you think Charlton will say “oh don’t give us the appearance money because he only played 10 minutes in that game” no you don’t and you wouldn’t want them to so you cant really have it all ways can you. So lets just leave it that he is and will play many more games this year than some thought he would. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 25-30. And before you start asking, no i don’t have that written in blood by hodgson its just what i think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]How much money do we get out of it?
    Around £250k for every 10 apps up to 60 I think it was. Sub appearances count as half a game, and I doubt it includes first team friendlies.
  • Options
    Started the second half tonight v Wigan
  • Options
    Wigan have scored. Been the better side so far in the second half according to ssn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Wigan have scored. Been the better side so far in the second half according to ssn

Yeah i'm listening to it and they have been konch getting skinned at leftback
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Wigan have scored. Been the better side so far in the second half according to ssn

Yeah i'm listening to it and they have been konch getting skinned at leftback

Nothing new there/their/they're then!