Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

edited October 2010 in Not Sports Related
Demo was available on Steam this morning

Normal download should be available tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    cant wait for the game to be released. have pre-ordered it
  • Options
    played the demo, even harder than last year. concede alot of goals. found a little gem tho from the england trials. omar koroma. value is £850k when first signed.
  • Options
    http://www.footballmanager.com/demo

Normal download out now
  • Options
    Signed Danny Shittu on a free!
  • Options
    Patch going to be out on release day, 2nd patch in December and final one February/March with data update after January transfers etc.
  • Options
    Is it worth getting th iPhone version?
  • Options
    Depends how often you'd play it. I do occasionally but wouldn't say I've really got into it.

Completely different really, much more like the old games, Championship Manager around 00/01 or 01/02. Quick and simple to play, a lot less detailed.
  • Options
    Downloading it. Going to resign Shelvey and ttake Charlton into Europe.
  • Options
    Total of £22.50 pre-order on DB Gamez
  • Options
    I dont like it tbh, too much going on in the interface at once
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea of the transfer budget (0?) and wage budget we get in this

cant wait to launch into the challenge of getting us back into the premiership
  • Options
    from the demo i think we get £0 transfer and about £64k wage
  • Options
    any idea on what were currently spending

wondering if it would be possible to attract febian brandy to the valley and move apko out sharpish
  • Options
    Yep transfer budget of £0 with no room/very little room on the wage budget for more signings. Wage budget in FM 10 was about £110k a week, now it's around £63k a week.

Of course if you sold a few players that would change things, especially the 3 big earners, Racon, Semedo and Youga.
  • Options
    wouldnt mind getting rid off racon and youga really to free up some space midfields tight enough and youga is practically non existant any more
  • Options
    Patch on release day should (or not, depends how you see it) include Youga's injury update so he is out for the season. Won't be able to get rid of him while he's injured...
  • Options
    The demo is hard! much harder than 2010
  • Options
    Downloaded the iphone version a few days ago and i have won my first 4 league games 8 -0 with Akpo Sodje scoring 22 goals. No joke it's total crap!
  • Options
    Fairly realistic. Robbie can't catch! Then again maybe not, Semedo scored 4 in 4!
  • Options
    I think i might get it for xmas and delay playing it until the february patch to get rid of all the bugs and crap it comes with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Bloody pisstake on my game, subject to a takeover from some norwegian consortium, i started the season off dire tbh, but im now unbeaten in 11 games and on the up.

Consortium said they want joe royle as manager when they takeover, the cheeky fucker even attended the game!

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9255/captureag.jpg
  • Options
    Ok seems it was a denmark based consortium! Its just been completed!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5817/captureah.jpg
  • Options
    Scoham - what's our team like? And what's the development rates like for the youngsters?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Downloaded the iphone version a few days ago and i have won my first 4 league games 8 -0 with Akpo Sodje scoring 22 goals. No joke it's total crap!

Is it the 8-0 part or that Akpo Sodje has scored 22 goals that winds you up?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Depends how often you'd play it. I do occasionally but wouldn't say I've really got into it.

Completely different really, much more like the old games, Championship Manager around 00/01 or 01/02. Quick and simple to play, a lot less detailed.

I wish they had stuck with that to be honest. I was addicted to those two versions and really enjoyed them. Didnt play again for a few years and then bought a couple of recent Football Managers but they are overly complicated for what I want.

I can see the appeal as for hardcore fans (of FM not German films) becuase it is so intricate and detailed and rewarding when it works but for someone like me its lost its appeal as I havent got time or inclination to sort out 30 individual training schedules and all the other tweaks etc.

Seems to have taken the fun out of it for me. For me it was always about escapism ie I won the prem and Champions league with Charlton and my only "big" signings were Andy Goram (2 players in one I suppose) and Trond Pederson from Wimbledon with Euell and Parker running the show. Completely unrealistic but a hell of a lot of fun.

I think I even donned a whistle for the CL final.

Shame there isnt an option to play with a less realistic/ detailed format for old school fans.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Scoham - what's our team like? And what's the development rates like for the youngsters?
    You should be able to challenge for promotion. As we have so many signings they were rated by their previous clubs researcher.

The young players potential will be different every game. To help them along I'd suggest getting the most determined and professional senior players to tutor the younger ones. So Dailly tutoring Cousins is ideal.

Unlike FM 10 with Jonjo, there are no stand out youngsters, but there are some that could make the Championship or League One if you manage them well.

Young players in FM improve more if they get games but also play well. So no good giving them games if they will struggle. As it is for the real team, if you want to bring them through it'll be harder to get promoted while they are young and not at the level of first team players yet.
  • Options
    Love this game its just so addictive, might be late but anybody else noticed where the advert for it is filmed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7NWffZDjUA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    I wish they had stuck with that to be honest. I was addicted to those two versions and really enjoyed them. Didnt play again for a few years and then bought a couple of recent Football Managers but they are overly complicated for what I want.

I can see the appeal as for hardcore fans (of FM not German films) becuase it is so intricate and detailed and rewarding when it works but for someone like me its lost its appeal as I havent got time or inclination to sort out 30 individual training schedules and all the other tweaks etc.

Seems to have taken the fun out of it for me. For me it was always about escapism ie I won the prem and Champions league with Charlton and my only "big" signings were Andy Goram (2 players in one I suppose) and Trond Pederson from Wimbledon with Euell and Parker running the show. Completely unrealistic but a hell of a lot of fun.

I think I even donned a whistle for the CL final.

Shame there isnt an option to play with a less realistic/ detailed format for old school fans.

This is exactly how I feel about it to be honest. Tried the demo but just can't get into it.
  • Options
    Have tried the demo and cant get too excited about it , perhaps it's a slow burn ? And I will end up liking it , perhaps I will hate it , and slag it off , I don't know , maybe a bit underwhelmed with the demo?

One thing it has made me appreciate is with no transfer budget in real life Parky is doing a much better job of it!
    He's earned my respect!
  • Options
    Good feature in the crappy free Sport magazine today

Starts on page 64