Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

Comments

• Options
    what did people download it on steam or normal did u get vannila or strawberry?
  • Options
    I pre-ordered and had it delivered this morning, coinciding with a nice day off work! I have a midfield three of Semdedo, Bryan Hughes and...Jonjo Shelvey (on loan). Up the football league we go!
  • Options
    Anyinsah is the best forward in the squad i have found out was the only one to get in double figures, but to be fair it was my first game and i just rushed through it and finished 8th, seeing as the new patch came out today i downloaded it and started a new charlton game, spent some time working on the training this time and gelling my team in a tactic, 7 games in now and we are playing like Arsenal tbh, yet to lose a game and have only conceded 3 goals.
  • Options
    Picked this up last night, decided to sell Semedo (for £1 million to Blackpool, though half goes to Sporting) and Racon (£160k to a french team) to free up wage space for some signings. So far I've gone for Andy van der Meyde, Danny Shittu, Fabien Brandy and Jonjo on loan. van der Meyde and Shittu have been immense so far, Benson bangs them in.

Scoham, is the Semedo sell on fee fact? Maybe a reason we didn't entertain offers in the summer....

anyone got any other recommended signings?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Scoham, is the Semedo sell on fee fact? Maybe a reason we didn't entertain offers in the summer....
    Portuguese research team added that. Not seen it confirmed myself.
  • Options
    I'm addickted to this , its the one computer game I can play with my son and not get humiliated ( in FIFA he beats me 10-0 as Barnet and I play as Spurs).

I try to sign players who have played for us in real life , Benson was okish for me in FM10 , but looks more prolific in real life . Abbott backed me 20 goals . I do sometimes return to the old versions.

Scoham I see that there are researchers at all clubs . How do the player ratings go up and down ? I noticed that this year Johnnie Jackson has lost about 4 points in pace , but again appears as 'competent' at Left Back . Last year I think he was 'unconvincing'.

I've taken on board signing Bryan Hughes and he has done well although he does tire .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Scoham I see that there are researchers at all clubs . How do the player ratings go up and down ? I noticed that this year Johnnie Jackson has lost about 4 points in pace , but again appears as 'competent' at Left Back . Last year I think he was 'unconvincing'.
    I update our squad after the season ends and before the update in February each year. New signings were rated by their previous clubs researcher. Players have a hidden current ability rating and then weightings for their attributes depending on their positions. So you can't rate someone as only a League One player, but make him brilliant all round.

I spoke to the Notts County researcher on our forum, Jackson also played left back for them sometimes, so we agreed he should have a better rating at left back.

There are guidelines so Benson was rated within the League Two guidelines last season, so that's why he doesn't look great in the game. That said their researcher did say he thought he could score goals for us. He's a hard one to rate as although he scored plenty for Dagenham, he was 'only' a goalscorer, and if he was rated too highly he'd have a really good all round game.
  • Options
    I also signed Basturk - good creative player but tires after about an hour.

So close to selling Benson! May have to reconsider after reading posts on here!

Playing a asymmetrical 4-4-1-1 with Jonjo in the hole (only a 3 month loan though so will have to look for other options soon!). Fernando Ricksen is a good signing at RB.

From memory my team is: Elliot, Ricksen, Fortune, Jordan Spence (loan from West Ham), a LB from Man Utd (can't remember the name but he's decent and is in there reserves), Martin, Semedo, Basturk, Reid, Jonjo, Chris Woods (loan from WBA).

Akpo, Anyinsah, Bryan Hughes and Wagstaff are decent as well.

I'd recommend getting a parent club to get decent loan signings without paying the wages. Mine is Man Utd.

Doing well so far, not unbeaten and not conceded a goal but it's still early days.

I'm ashamed to say I also started a game with Welling but they are truly awful so I've bottled it!
  • Options
    First game of the season away to Southampton, went 2-0 down, got back to 2-2, they scored a wonder strike before Kyel Reid scored a 90th minute free kick to equalise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ej94Z-puA

Not uploaded a goal before, just wanted to see how it looked.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]First game of the season away to Southampton, went 2-0 down, got back to 2-2, they scored a wonder strike before Kyel Reid scored a 90th minute free kick to equalise.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ej94Z-puA[/url]

Not uploaded a goal before, just wanted to see how it looked.[/quote]

Oh my days what a peach!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive ( A Belated B Day pressie from my Brotherinlaw , )
  • Options
    This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but was the advert for this game filmed at the Valley?
  • Options
    It sure was!!
  • Options
    bought my copy off of steam, has anyone experienced any problems? it says i've downloaded it but cannot launch it as it is already running. It's a pain, i've got 2 days off and have already waited overnight for a response from the helpdesk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb25[/cite]bought my copy off of steam, has anyone experienced any problems? it says i've downloaded it but cannot launch it as it is already running. It's a pain, i've got 2 days off and have already waited overnight for a response from the helpdesk.

No problems here; works perfectly on both my Macbook and PC.
  • Options
    Just finished my first season, won the league on the last game of the season. Brought in Freddie Sears on loan and ended up top goal scorer in the league with 24. Only other signings i made during that season was kapo on a free and Patrick Van Aanholt on loan from Chelsea. Just getting into the start of the new transfer window, the board have given me no money for the new season so going to have to do some tinkering in the market.

Anybody getting any problems in the game that the ground doesnt show up in the background?
  • Options
    i signed some slovakian fwd, peter sy....(something cant remember) he didnt score for first 10 games but has not stopped since gettin 7 in the next 5, bensons out for 6 months, also signed gael kakuta on loan (loan deadline day) havent sold anyone, infact not been able to!! wanted get rid of racon cos of wages but has performed really well, also need get youga off of books as fry and young lad from chelsea (van anholt or something, who is excellent), fortunes good on the game and daily hasnt got a look in to be fair also play solly over frances

tried offering racon and youga on free's but they wanted half their contract paid for the rest of the duration and for saving like 3k a week thought be best keeping them, hopefully youga will go in Jan
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matty7391[/cite]
    Anybody getting any problems in the game that the ground doesnt show up in the background?

not noticed that to be honest, but have noticed you have to be in TV mode to b able to btring up tactics during game - wierd glitch

although it seems alot quicker than last yrs FM and alot less 'clunky'
  • Options
    It's a bit annoying that you can't buy or sell anyone. Make sure that you get Freddie Sears and Jordan Spence in on loan. The best players seem to be Racon and Semedo. Both score a lot of long-range efforts. Benson's finishing is poor, and I think it's best to send Lee Martin back to Ipswich as soon as possible, as he seems to have no end-product and gives the ball away in dangerous areas a lot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]I think it's best to send Lee Martin back to Ipswich as soon as possible, as he seems to have no end-product

They've really cranked up the realism this year ;)

I started a game with Crawley Town and am being abused by my own players, opposition managers and the media on the daily basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just had a goal disallowed for offside and a replay came up showing the defender's line and the attacker's line, just like on the TV. Also liking the new overhead replay for goals.

Impressed so far, well worth the money for the upgrade, agents are b*stards!
  • Options
    Lee Martin is awful, tried him LW, RW and CAM, no end product in either of these posistion, I am now in my 4th season, after promotion to the championship in my first season i went straight back down, no money whatsoever and another thing is that its really hard keeping the players at the club and the staff as the board are so tight with the wages, but i got promotion back to the champ at first time of asking. :)
  • Options
    I too attainted promotion via the Play-Off's in my first season. Very lucky last day win to sneak in, followed by wins against Brighton and Sheff Wed's.

Couple of annoying things:
    1) Takeover in December 2010 by David Sheepshanks (Ipswich guy?), but still absolutely no funds for new players or extra wages.
    2) As soon we attained promotion, the board accepted a 1m offer from Millwall for Kyel Reid- the best player in the previous season. £250k to Sheff United and still no money for transfers.

Which players did you keep for the Championhip, 3 years down the line?
  • Options
    Anyone been lucky enough to have a takeover with big money invested?
  • Options
    Nope , went up through the play offs first season and for the championship but just come third in first season in the prem it's much easier in the prem bottom for first 4 games changed to 4-1-3-2 and came third surprised me I hardly lost a game ! In the prem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cafcben[/cite]Nope , went up through the play offs first season and for the championship but just come third in first season in the prem it's much easier in the prem bottom for first 4 games changed to 4-1-3-2 and came third surprised me I hardly lost a game ! In the prem

Who do you have in your team?
  • Options
    The two best players I got are Romelu lukaku , yaya sanogo wouldn't of got promoted out the champ without them both strikers , now got Scott dann and shawcross centre backs just beat real madrid in group stages of champ lge going well , had a week off work and havnt come off like a geek !
  • Options
    How much did they cost? Never heard of either player.
  • Options
    has their been new skins released yet?...also stuff like club badges upgrade and background pics, do they work from FM10?

cant play the game using the normal interface, bores me.
  • Options
    Finally! got my copy , didn't go down the 'steam' route as not a fan of it , won 4-1 v Oldham at home , 1st game of the season , just won 2-0 home to Leyton Orient in League Cup 1st round , ( Everton in the next round) Nile Ranger on loan is amazing so far , as is Anyinsah, like this game better than the demo.