Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

Comments

• Options
    Still on 2010,  thought id just wait till 2012 comes out.
    Same here. I don't buy it every year as i want to get some game time out of it, plus my mate, brother and I play online against each other once a week. I'll probably leave FM12 until around xmas though to give them time to sort out bugs and stuff (same every year it seems). God, i love this game.....been playing since the first champy came out in 93.
  • Options
    all i know is fm12 will be cobsiderably easy and we'll have abit of money to spend!
  • Options
    Anyone else make up strange back stories around the game goings-on.  I only realised the other day that my hatred of Jordan Henderson came out of an in-game spat over wages and not anything he's actually done.
  • Options
    yep, i've developed a massive hate for greg abbott and paui dickov as they both kept slagginng me off.
  • Options
    Anyone else make up strange back stories around the game goings-on.  I only realised the other day that my hatred of Jordan Henderson came out of an in-game spat over wages and not anything he's actually done.
    My god, that's so sad and pathetic morts....................................I'm exactly the same regarding Kyle walker, the f*%king b"$%*d....
  • Options

In my NON patch Charlton i have got them to the Prem within 5 seasons. Now my team reads ----------------------------Manu---------------------- Cicinho-----Wes Brown--------Goncalves-----Nelom Zicu----Scott Brown---------Gonalons-------Drenthe -----------Wickham----------Rodriguez Bench: Fielding, Sonko, Gardner, Vinken, Kerlon, Earnshaw, Brandy Currently Mid table. Had trouble getting in a decent left back. But im making a profit now on a monthly basis. Shelvey money is coming through regularly as he is in the Liverpool team. Cousins is attracting ALOT of attention

As above, still in the prem but i finished 7th and got into Uefa! This season i am currently 4th in the prem and through to the knockout stage of Uefa after beating Inter Milan at The Valley in the group stages.

Team:

-----------------------------------------Smithies--------------------------------

Richards------------Spence------------------Goncalves---------Bebeto

--------------------------------------Gonalons-------------------------------------

---------------------Guarin-----------------------Wijnaldum---------------------

D.Silva----------------------------------------------------------------Drenthe

-----------------------------------Anderson---------------------------------------

Subs: De Pousa, Cousins, Santos, Brown, Barkley, Sturridge, Carroll

Anderson is a Brazilian regen who cost me 9 million but is absolute mustard. No idea how i managed to pick up David Silva on a free from Man City with him taking a £100k a week pay cut! I must have Chrissy's powers of persuasion! Drenthe has around 20+ assists so far this season. Im currently in February. On course to finish in a Campions league spot. COYR

• Options

first full season of 2011 done last night, won league one 4 points clear of swindon.. had best defensive record in league and 4th out of all 4 leagues, some good loans and frees got me there, starting championship now but really struggling to find players all though have signed, smalling, gosling, ramsey and sturridge on loan for the season not bad for the spine of the team.

team that got me up (excuse speillings but search for them if you have can)

GK- Stack from hibs / frank fielding

DR- rosenior/ yakubu

DL- Ball / Youga

DC- Doherty / Shittu

DC- Dailly / Davenport

DMC- Luccien / semedo

MC- Baronne / Ramsey

MC- Mingazinni / racon

AMR- Zjier (dutch winger) / Wagstaff

AML- Gai Asulin / Reid

SC- Gary O'Conner / BWP/ john sutton/ Machedia (man utd)

plenty of cover as well with current cafc players, got rid of akpo, mccormack and benno, francis is actually pretty useful on here as right back.

played 4 1 2 2 1 formation, tinkerd with team tactics cant remember know, quite good as if your a goal down you take off the DMC and swap with a striker and switch to 2 up top without upseting the balance of the team.

• Options
    Ten games in and I'm 8th, one point off the playoffs and one game from the sack apparently despite going 5 games unbeaten, winning 3 of those. I've beaten Blackpool 2-1 and Villa 3-0 in the League Cup (both away) with Man Utd next... I tend to switch between a 4-1-3-2 and a 4-1-2-3. My preferred team is: [align=center]Carroll Francis-----Dailly----Spence-----Geary -----Semedo----- -----Bostock-----Mutch----- -----Wagstaff-----BWP-----Luque[/align] Bench: Elliot, Doherty, Jackson, Brandy, McCormack, Abbott, Bessone. Need to be more consistent.

Well, I won the league and the JPT in the end and finished mid-table in my first Championship seson before I was offered the Fulham job that summer. I finished 6th and beat Arseanl in the FA Cup final in my first and only season in charge of Fulham when Arsenal offered me their job after Wenger retired. I took it and won the league, the league cup and the Champions League, again in my first season. I am now ranked as the best manager in the world above Jose Mourinho and have just taken at Barcelona from Guardiola after turning down the Uruguay job.

• Options
    My team is a proper Charlton team first or second round knocked out of cups
  • Options
    I just got to the FA cup semi final, beat Hayes & Yeading, Peterboro, Stockport, Barnsley, Brighton and Middlesboro, playing Fulham next! 

USUALLY my team looks like this: 
    Carroll, Shelley, Doherty, Kappelhof, Olembe, Wagstaff, Clifford, Semedo, Reid, Wright-Phillips, Demba-Nyren

Elliot, Dailly, Bessone, Jackson, Racon, Benson, Brandy 

Currently 2 points ahead of Peterboro with a game in hand, but Wright-Phillips, Dailly, Wagstaff and Semedo are all injured for the rest of the season, so things are a bit tight. 

Has anyone else had any mad matches that don't make a whole lot of sense? I had one a couple of weeks ago, playing Oldham in the league, both Semedo and Wright-Phillips went off injured in the first 20 minutes, Jackson (on for Semedo) got sent off before half time and we were 3-0 down. Questioned the teams pride and passion, pushed Waggy up alongside Brandy and Demba-Nyren and played 4-2-3 and we won 5-3, a Doherty headed hat-trick no less! 

Next two games I drew 0-0, funny old game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still on 2010,  thought id just wait till 2012 comes out.
    Same here. I don't buy it every year as i want to get some game time out of it, plus my mate, brother and I play online against each other once a week. I'll probably leave FM12 until around xmas though to give them time to sort out bugs and stuff (same every year it seems). God, i love this game.....been playing since the first champy came out in 93.
    Il probally get it straight away, although I wont have a proper long save until the third patch as usual.

--

My Charlton career on 2010 spanned 8 years, got back to back promotions immediately then spent the rest of time finishing in the lower half of the prem. Inter buying my wonderkid off me for 37m was the last straw and I resigned. 
  • Options
    Added the new players to the Charlton squad today to see what it would look like. With the exception of Alonso, who is now the best player in the league, and Hayes who is quite good they're all bloody useless. Hollands, Wiggins, Green, Stephens, Taylor, Evina, Sullivan, Pritchard are all terrible. Don't come near anyone already at the team, and that includes Doherty, Francis and McCormack. Just goes to show the difference a season can make for players' reputations
  • Options
    Can't believe i'm still playing this , its too addictive!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many installs you get from each copy ?
  • Options
    Thinking about picking up Fm11 after finding out it might run on my laptop. Will try the demo tonight. Is there any transfer updates upto now?
  • Options
    not the summer transfers big red, only jan. 

mcoxo is a top player on there.
  • Options
    Cool, if my laptop runs it I'm going to download a killer tactic and have McOxo (I'll rename him that) and Stavrinou boss the midfield all season.
  • Options
    ^ let me know if your laptop plays it..... I have a legit copy that my crap mac wouldn't read. I can forward it to you to install if you like ?
  • Options
    ^ let me know if your laptop plays it..... I have a legit copy that my crap mac wouldn't read. I can forward it to you to install if you like ?
    The demo is working! 3d match engine seems to be working fine as well, although only in pre-season which I always find broing especially on a demo. I'll PM you about the copy thanks for the offer.

Everything is alot more in depth since I last played it the 08 edition. Charlton have no money but I'm  in negotioations with Van Der Meyde and Shittu
  • Options
    I don't even have money for loans, the loan fees are too bloody high
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have you got a parent club yet kap, usually they sign up for free, some great players in chelsea reserves and under 18's
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sorry sam lost the thread, am Villas manager now.  Offered to stay at Charlton but Slater would not increase my salary and Villa tripled it - loyalty only goes so far.

I did stay till end of season and saved us from relegation.  Sam Allardyce the new manager.
  • Options
    Just won the league 2nd season in a row , got to play the champions league final now.
  • Options

Its my first go at FM11 (v 11.3), so Im looking for some game help playing with Charlton even though I have started the first season quite well.

Without a transfer budget I`ve gone for a quest looking to build a strong team based on Parkys players. Read this thread to late to get the likes of Brandy and Livaja on a free. With the lack of left footed players I have gone for these two free agent new boys: Lee Molineux (LB) and Romain Gasmi (LW).

After a 0-3 defeat at home to Oldham in the opener (own goals by Doc and Francis), the team have shaped up and were now 4th with a 6-3-2 league record and in the quarter finals in JPT. The formation is a pretty straight 4-4-2 (different roles in central positions though). Current starting line up, with back up players in brackets.

GK: Elliott (Worner)
    RB: Francis (Solly)
    CBd: Dailly (Fortune)
    CB: Docherty (Llera)
    LB: Bessone (Molineux)
    RW: Waggy (Eccleston)
    CMd: Semedo (McCormack)
    CM: Jackson (Racon)
    LW: Gasmi (Reid)
    STd: Abbott (Anyinsah)
    ST: Wright-Phillips (Benson)

Will sum up my questions for the experts on the forum whos played many seasons with Charlton:
    1. How many of these players have the potential to play PL (or top Cship)? And who?
    2. Which of the youngsters are worth keeping? Cousins and Mambo looks ok. The rest Im considering releasing (although I will have a second look at Tuna after his 9 goals in 9 for Luton on loan, and even a couple for Turkey U21).
    3. Dailly wont sign a player contract. Is he any good as assistant manager/coach?
    4. Is there any transfer money in the horizon? Or will there have to be a take over? Cant say I blame the board. Im only using 80 percent of the wage budget, but were losing an average 750K every month.
    5. Transfer targets for next season. Youga will hopefully be back to replace Bessone, but will need a RW after Eccleston is gone. And a quick CB, preferrably under 25.

Any help/comments appriciated.

• Options
    only keep cousins and waggy, the rest wont even be championship potential.
  • Options
    my current charlton team off the 11.3 patch 2011 1st season is as follows;

gk- elliot (sullivan)
    rb- francis (solly)
    cb- taylor (dailly)
    cb- pearce (doherty)
    lb- bessone (cunningham)
    rm- green (wagstaff)
    cm- stephens (racon)
    cm- semedo (jackson)
    lm- ward (reid)
    st- brandy(abbot)
    st- wright-phillps (pacheo)

reserves who i cant get rid include; mcoxo, forture, benson. 

currently 2nd 7 games in! 
  • Options

Happy to see it is possible to progress with a team based on the starting squad. Not PL yet, but might get there. Won L1 with 98 points, and now 4-3-3 after 10 games in C-ship. Still no money, so got Callum Davenport (CB), Jennison Myrie-Williams (RW) and Andis Shala (ST) free. And picked up four released youngsters - Jansson (GK, Spurs), Flanagan (RB, Liverpool), Saric (ST, Liverpool) and Cole (CM, Man Utd). Was looking forward to Kelly Yougas recovery, but he is looking like a L2 player (with top wages). So I got Grant Basey back to his favourite club. Wich gives this line up:

GK: Elliott (Jansson/Worner)
    CBd: Davenport (Fortune/Jenkinson)
    CB: Docherty (Dailly)
    LB: Molineux (Basey)
    RW: Waggy (Myrie-Williams)
    CMd: Semedo (McCormack/Cousins)
    LW: Gasmi (Reid/Harriott)
    STd: Shala (Anyinsah/Abbott)
    ST: Wright-Phillips (Saric/Benson)

• Options
    Sorry sam lost the thread, am Villas manager now.  Offered to stay at Charlton but Slater would not increase my salary and Villa tripled it - loyalty only goes so far.

I did stay till end of season and saved us from relegation.  Sam Allardyce the new manager.
    I always get myself on a £1 a week contract, frees up more cash for actual players!

Currently in the 20/21 season playing champs league football at 'Stadium Charlton'

• Options
    Jamal Adam is a brillant free at the start.  1 season in L1 and 2 in Champ.  Now in my first prem season and hes still scoring.  Cant seem to get any form going though.  Will win 7-0 (against newcastle) then lose 4-0 next game.  Sitting 17th...
  • Options

Happy to see it is possible to progress with a team based on the starting squad. Not PL yet, but might get there. Won L1 with 98 points, and now 4-3-3 after 10 games in C-ship. Still no money, so got Callum Davenport (CB), Jennison Myrie-Williams (RW) and Andis Shala (ST) free. And picked up four released youngsters - Jansson (GK, Spurs), Flanagan (RB, Liverpool), Saric (ST, Liverpool) and Cole (CM, Man Utd). Was looking forward to Kelly Yougas recovery, but he is looking like a L2 player (with top wages). So I got Grant Basey back to his favourite club. Wich gives this line up:

GK: Elliott (Jansson/Worner)
    CBd: Davenport (Fortune/Jenkinson)
    CB: Docherty (Dailly)
    LB: Molineux (Basey)
    RW: Waggy (Myrie-Williams)
    CMd: Semedo (McCormack/Cousins)
    LW: Gasmi (Reid/Harriott)
    STd: Shala (Anyinsah/Abbott)
    ST: Wright-Phillips (Saric/Benson)

Nice signings in Flanagan and Saric - in real life Flanagan started for Liverpool in this weekend's match against Sunderland and Saric is believed to be one of the biggest talents in Danish football right now, although he still needs to decide whether he will be playing for Bosnia and Herzegovina or Denmark  :)