Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

Comments

• Options
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244994-Patch-11.2-Now-Released!

11.2 patch is out.

If you use steam it'll update automatically.

Seems there's a small data update, but as far as I know nothing will have changed with the Charlton data. Probably removed Hughton as Newcastle manager etc, but I've not looked yet.
  • Options
    Schoam, great game, well done. It seems really hard to sell ANYONE?! Noone will take Sodje, Abbott, Benson, Anyinsah apparently because they don't want to leave the club.
  • Options
    I'm not surprised seeing as they all joined on a permanent this summer!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]I'm not surprised seeing as they all joined on a permanent this summer!
    Yeah that's a good point, probably down to that more than anything.

Also have to remember the game starts with clubs having already spent most/all of their budget. Once you get to the second season clubs will start releasing players, get a new budget and look to bring players in.
  • Options
    I completed 800 hours on FM 2009 yesterday. I believe my son has brought me 2011 for christmas ... I'll miss 2009. I'm in season 2028/29. the only time I was in the premier was 1st season, when by October (I think) Charlton sacked me.
  • Options
    Shouldn't affect other teams wanting them though?

The alternative is that they rot inn the reserves whilst a new striker does the business
  • Options
    Playing the Demo at the moment before i get the game for Xmas - I found that we play better with Jackson on the left rather than Reid, s will leave Reid for a super sub role.
  • Options
    top scorer in first season was waggy with 21 ( played 4-3-3) semedo wont sign a new contract so had to release him, but got in some quality players on frees
  • Options
    Just started a new career as Charlton.

Anyone have tips? Tactics, signing's, who to play etc?
  • Options
    Is this game much different from the last? Is it worth buying?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tips? dont be charlton they are cack on this game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]tips? dont be charlton they are cack on this game

Its pretty realistic then!!! ;-)
  • Options
    aha yes kap spot on ;) pawel is a cart horse, semedo cant pass and elliot is slow as fuck. the researchers are geniuses really.
  • Options
    Ive got this for xmas. Struggling a little. First player i signed was Fabian Brandy. I got Van Aarnholt on loan. I seem to get injuries way too much. All my strikers have had an injury. Always for 6 weeks or more aswell. Havent been able to have a front two play consistent matches. I think it is something to do with my training. Havent touched it so if anybody has any tips for training or in general let me know!
  • Options
    download football manager real time editor, allows you to heal your team, i did because i got so frustrated with having to play games with 3/4 of my team out injured.
  • Options
    Played two friendlies beat the reserves 1-0 and Livinston away 5-2 and got one key player injured. I signed Freddie Sears on loan to partner Sodje who believe it or not is scoring like fun at the moment lol
  • Options
    Football Manager 2005 expert applies for Boro job http://tinyurl.com/managerial-middlesborough (Old news)
  • Options
    January transfer window update and final patch should be out fairly soon.
  • Options
    No matter how much I try, I can't get the damn leagues up to level 11 to work :(
  • Options
    2nd season in the Championship beat Millwall at home 5-0
    small thing like that can still put a smile on a grown mans face
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @scoham, do you know the exact date that the final patch will be out?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In my 2nd season with Charlton at the minute I am 5th in Championship, 72,000 a week wage budget, SIgned a pukka forward called Fabian Brandy on a free got 17 goals for me in 25 games so far playing in a 4-3-3 system, Hes a tidy little player just need to work on his finishing and composure. Managed to get Man City as a parent club and I signed Thorgan Hazard this boy is an absolute beast he has a brother called Eden Hazard he is the dogs danglys too, I highly recommend these players to anyone starting off in a top league and want to develop a future squad.

Palarse came down as I went up but did do the double over Millwall. This years 2011 is quite clever as I feel it takes little time for the computer to suss out your tactics, I am doing quite well mixing it up home & away with 2 different 4-3-3 formations and a 4-5-1.

Danny Drinkwater and Ravel Morrison are 2 other quality players but haven't managed to come across any great defenders, anyone got any clues?

Cheers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gazcafc81[/cite]In my 2nd season with Charlton at the minute I am 5th in Championship, 72,000 a week wage budget, SIgned a pukka forward called Fabian Brandy on a free got 17 goals for me in 25 games so far playing in a 4-3-3 system, Hes a tidy little player just need to work on his finishing and composure. Managed to get Man City as a parent club and I signed Thorgan Hazard this boy is an absolute beast he has a brother called Eden Hazard he is the dogs danglys too, I highly recommend these players to anyone starting off in a top league and want to develop a future squad.

Palarse came down as I went up but did do the double over Millwall. This years 2011 is quite clever as I feel it takes little time for the computer to suss out your tactics, I am doing quite well mixing it up home & away with 2 different 4-3-3 formations and a 4-5-1.

Danny Drinkwater and Ravel Morrison are 2 other quality players but haven't managed to come across any great defenders, anyone got any clues?

Cheers
    ##

maybe old but ja demerit and danny shittu do a job
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSam[/cite]@scoham, do you know the exact date that the final patch will be out?
    If it all goes to plan, they're hoping some time during next week.
  • Options
    Cheers Coltsgoalie,

looked at them both earlier in the season but they were snapped up quick, I did manage to find 2 decent CB's Benoît Haaby and Izzy Iriekpen, loaned Arsenals Keeper Wojciech Szczesny also.
    Finding the best players in my team all loaned players which is a shame, Wagstaff is great chips in with goals but hes not consistent maybe due to me playing 4-3-3. Kyel Reid is quality hes getting better and better, Semedo is a gem if played in front of back four always in high 7 to 8 rating for me.

Anyone know if Marko Livaja's world ban will be lifed in the new patch? He is supposed to be very dangerous from what I have read but only a few teams can sign him.
  • Options
    Gaz, a good player to get, ( you can get him on a free after the first season) is Ignasi Miquel spanish U19 centre back, giv him a year or two and he is one of the best around.
  • Options
    Nice one CEL will check him out, picked up Ben Hoskin RB for my future squad hes worth looking at ;)
  • Options
    cheers scoham, what will our finances be like in the update, and how will the players be i.e jackson, bwp and anyansah?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gazcafc81[/cite]Cheers Coltsgoalie,

looked at them both earlier in the season but they were snapped up quick, I did manage to find 2 decent CB's Benoît Haaby and Izzy Iriekpen, loaned Arsenals Keeper Wojciech Szczesny also.
    Finding the best players in my team all loaned players which is a shame, Wagstaff is great chips in with goals but hes not consistent maybe due to me playing 4-3-3. Kyel Reid is quality hes getting better and better, Semedo is a gem if played in front of back four always in high 7 to 8 rating for me.

Anyone know if Marko Livaja's world ban will be lifed in the new patch? He is supposed to be very dangerous from what I have read but only a few teams can sign him.

Also if u need a midfielder herold goulon is a brilliant midfielder and runs the play and has the potential to play in the prem however blacburn and sunderland usually go after him but i managed to sign him
  • Options
    For the first time ever in the first season as charlton manager we were taken over and i was given a budget of 1.5 million (: