Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

Comments

• Options
    cheers scoham, what will our finances be like in the update, and how will the players be i.e jackson, bwp and anyansah?
    Just a few tweaks to the players, nothing much. BWP was rated by the Plymouth researcher, he had him down as their best player (and his ratings make him one of our best).

Finances there's now a bit of room on the wage budge to bring in a player or two. Think I left the transfer budget as nothing as I was waiting for a few clues as to what we'd have to spend, but not much was said in the end.
  • Options
    Ive been taken over, just got promoted to the premiership and been given 24 million to spend!! lets hope this is a sign of things to come.....!
  • Options
    Just got this today for the iphone.
    Anyone know how to get a parent club?
    Can you make loan signings? Can't see how to do that.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just picked up 18 yo CB Tyler Blackett released by Man Utd, looks tidy so far, will use him for development.

In need of a good young LB anyone know of one?

Cheers
  • Options
    Is the new patch out yet? waiting for this first before I start a game with Charlton as we're rubbish on it at the moment!
  • Options
    same for me red robin
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gazcafc81[/cite]Just picked up 18 yo CB Tyler Blackett released by Man Utd, looks tidy so far, will use him for development.

In need of a good young LB anyone know of one?

Cheers

Greg Cunningham from man city has been good for me so far, I got him on loan, and going to try and sign him if I get promoted and get some money.
  • Options
    Patch has been delayed, they're trying to fix a crash.
    Last Monday I had said that we were hopeful of a release for the patch this week (week of 28th Feb).

Whilst that is still possible, it's now looking very unlikely. We have been chasing a rare and seemingly random crash issue for the last week (memory corruption) that we are struggling to reproduce due to it's randomness, and when it is crashing, it's giving us limited information in tracking it down. We have made progress in narrowing down what is causing it, and working round the clock on this, but tests and test code are still ongoing despite working on it 24/7.

I would therefore suggest that the patch and data update will likely be released next week (week of 8th March), which still fits into the original timeline given if near the start of the week!

I will provide more information once we have more.
  • Options
    I need to learn how to quote people ^^

@ DartfordAddick cheers mate will take a look at him tomorrow.

Was surprised to hear people being given a load of cash to spend once their takeover was sorted, I got £50,000 transfer budget but ended up putting that to a higher wage budget
    My wage budget is now £92,000 a week :/
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Started a game with Witham, Lets see how far I can get in 5 seasons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gazcafc81[/cite]I need to learn how to quote people ^^

@ DartfordAddick cheers mate will take a look at him tomorrow.

Was surprised to hear people being given a load of cash to spend once their takeover was sorted, I got £50,000 transfer budget but ended up putting that to a higher wage budget
    My wage budget is now £92,000 a week :/

You dont usually get a budget after a takeover but for some reason i had a budget
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    @coltsgoalie You're very lucky mate, I'll let you know what kind of Budget I am given once promoted.

There is some really good quality youngsters out there to grab for cheap, you could build yourself an amazing future squad.
    Let us know how it goes ;)
  • Options
    What a game! Had a one match touchline ban for telling the media the referee wanted to be centre of attention, and so Breacker had to take the match for me, made some viewing I can tell you!
    04032011803-1.jpg
    When it went to 3-0 down I was on the verge of shutting the game down as it would have ruined my unbeaten record in the league, but I didn't and how glad am I now! 11 games played now, 9 wins and 2 draws, Manager of the month for August and September, and an away game in the league cup against Bolton to come too!

I play Szczesny in goal, a back four of Greg Cunningham, Fortune, Daiily and Francis, Semedo, Bryan Hughes and Racon in the centre of the park and Waggy and Reidy playing either side of Febian Brandy, who scores goals for fun.
  • Options
    Like the rest of you lot, i am waiting on the patch before i restart.

I had a game running where i had got us to the championship without spending a penny. I was battling for the play off championships and then my laptop died. Laptop is buggered so now have to start over. Wondering whether to restart as Charlton or try someone real low (Crawley? Welling?) and try and get them up to the top.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]over. Wondering whether to restart as Charlton or try someone real low (Crawley? Welling?) and try and get them up to the top.

It's generally (in my opinion) only really worth starting at a very low level if you have lots of time to dedicate to it i.e. if you're a student. Otherwise I find the pace a bit too slow as you try and build a team from the ground up. If you do have that time though, there's a patch which lets you manage teams from really far down the ladder, I think there's a link to it on one of the pages here.
  • Options
    se9 i cant find the link u mention, are u sure u can get a patch to manage really far down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]se9 i cant find the link u mention, are u sure u can get a patch to manage really far down?

HERE!
  • Options
    Mine says failed to get graphic system what that mean?
  • Options
    Where's the new patch?!
  • Options
    damn, once ive downloaded it, it wont let my open the file :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Create a folder in the 1st Sports Interactive folder in My Documents called "editor data" then stick the database in there
  • Options
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257508-Football-Manager-2011-January-Update-and-11.3-Patch-OUT-NOW-on-STEAM!

Patch and transfer update is now out on Steam, normal download for non Steam versions should be out soon.

There will hopefully be a small data update file out in the near future with transfers that happened after the data was locked for testing, which should include Abbott's move.
  • Options
    Cheers Scoham, just opened it up, actually looking forward to being Charlton now, though no more Sodje concerns me slightly, the amount of goals I got from him nodding balls down for Waggy and Reid was unreal!
  • Options
    matt fry isnt with us on the update?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]matt fry isnt with us on the update?
    Short term loans aren't included.

Should be able to bring him on loan yourself, though I've not tried it.
  • Options
    oh okay, thanks scoham
  • Options
    ive got charlton promoted to championship on the new update thing and i cant sign loan players they want a fee which i cant pay, is there a reason for this?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]ive got charlton promoted to championship on the new update thing and i cant sign loan players they want a fee which i cant pay, is there a reason for this?

Probably realistic. Can't always have something for nothing...
  • Options
    Just started a new game with Charlton, signed Roy Carroll (free), Jordan Spence (loan), Bostock (loan), Euell (loan), Febian Brandy (free) and Mutch from Birmingham (loan).

I'm going to try a 4-3-3/4-5-1...

Media expectation is 1st place?!