Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Just started a new game with Charlton, signed Roy Carroll (free), Jordan Spence (loan), Bostock (loan), Euell (loan), Febian Brandy (free) and Mutch from Birmingham (loan).

I'm going to try a 4-3-3/4-5-1...

Media expectation is 1st place?!

Also i recommend abubakari yakubu brilliant right back
  • Options
    Play Brandy against teams with a high back line, guaranteed goals
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Just started a new game with Charlton, signed Roy Carroll (free), Jordan Spence (loan), Bostock (loan), Euell (loan), Febian Brandy (free) and Mutch from Birmingham (loan).

I'm going to try a 4-3-3/4-5-1...

Media expectation is 1st place?!

Also i recommend abubakari yakubu brilliant right back

Thanks - picked up an Irish right back on a freebie called Geary (i think?) but will have a look at Yakubu.

[cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Play Brandy against teams with a high back line, guaranteed goals

Thanks for the tip! What system do you play him in? Wondering whether to play him out wide in a 4-3-3 or in the middle.
  • Options
    I play him through the middle with BWP, and tell the midfield to play through balls often, usually play Jackson, Racon and Wagstaff, with Semedo behind in an anchorman role. If it's not working out then moving JJ infield, Reid on for Racon and Abbott on up top has grabbed me a few vital goals, I'm into December, 4 points in front of Peterboro at the top
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]I play him through the middle with BWP, and tell the midfield to play through balls often, usually play Jackson, Racon and Wagstaff, with Semedo behind in an anchorman role. If it's not working out then moving JJ infield, Reid on for Racon and Abbott on up top has grabbed me a few vital goals, I'm into December, 4 points in front of Peterboro at the top

All noted! Cheers! I'll keep you posted!
  • Options
    How do i Get out of my 8 game Winless Streak ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AdTheAddicK[/cite]How do i Get out of my 8 game Winless Streak ?

By winning
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AdTheAddicK[/cite]How do i Get out of my 8 game Winless Streak ?[/quote]

By winning[/quote]

Easier said than done for me .. !
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AdTheAddicK[/cite]How do i Get out of my 8 game Winless Streak ?

Is that you, Chris?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AdTheAddicK[/cite]How do i Get out of my 8 game Winless Streak ?[/quote]

Is that you, Chris?[/quote]
    Noo Its Alex Dyer..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lads! Remember my laptop broke? I couldnt get my game working on the missus laptop so was having to contemplate starting again?

Last night i got it working! Its on the old patch, but i had got pretty far.

2012/2013 Season ended last night and i was in the Championship Play offs! Got Sheff Utd.

Earnshaw (at the moment) has 26 goals for the season. Danny Kouvermans has 16. I had been taken over by a bunch of Germans. The debts rack up really quick and they keep pumping money in to the club but soon the loans and debts all get paid up and i can start making a profit! Whats best is Millwall got relegated to League one and are trying to offload players to me haha. For those interested, My line up this season has mainly been

Manu

Kronkamp
    Sonko
    Gardner
    Briggs

Wagstaff
    Maniche/Bostock
    Semedo
    Reid

Earnshaw
    Kouvermans

Bench: Elliott, Fortune, Francis, Racon, N'Diaye, Maniche/Bostock, Pachecho

Desperate to get promotion
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ten games in and I'm 8th, one point off the playoffs and one game from the sack apparently despite going 5 games unbeaten, winning 3 of those.

I've beaten Blackpool 2-1 and Villa 3-0 in the League Cup (both away) with Man Utd next...

I tend to switch between a 4-1-3-2 and a 4-1-2-3. My preferred team is:

[align=center]Carroll

Francis
    Dailly----Spence
    Geary

Semedo

Bostock
    Mutch

Wagstaff
    BWP
    Luque[/align]

Bench: Elliot, Doherty, Jackson, Brandy, McCormack, Abbott, Bessone.

Need to be more consistent.
  • Options
    If anyone is starting a new game as Charlton, or any team that has no transfer funds, there are some good out of contract players that can be tempted to league one who will do a decent job to help the team with promotion. Some of them have rather high sign on and agent fees though.

Abubakari Yakubu
    Olivier Kapo
    Derek Geary
    Izzy Iriekpen
    Lee Molyneux
    King Gyan
    Gavin McCann
    Kevin Bobson
    Abderrahman Kabous
    Hannes Sigurdsson
  • Options
    Geary is a waste of space, 8 games played for me, 6 yellows and a red, gives away so many freekicks too, even after telling him not to lunge into tackles, and fining him too!

One thing I would do immediately is get a parent club, if you get Arsenal, then you can get Sczeczeczny on loan for free, and any other players in the Ressies and u18's that take your fancy, Frimpong is a good box to box midfielder for example!
  • Options
    since new update media prediction 1st! and i have to get promotion!! with no funds! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Geary is a waste of space, 8 games played for me, 6 yellows and a red, gives away so many freekicks too, even after telling him not to lunge into tackles, and fining him too!

One thing I would do immediately is get a parent club, if you get Arsenal, then you can get Sczeczeczny on loan for free, and any other players in the Ressies and u18's that take your fancy, Frimpong is a good box to box midfielder for example!

Starting to see that with Geary a bit actually - injury prone too.

Straight away I got a parent club - Man Utd. Got Ravel Morrison in on loan.
  • Options
    Tried getting a parent club. Board offered me a few teams. Clicked make recomendation... message just says must respond!

Any ideas how to get round this as i can't actually advance through the game!
  • Options
    AlexAnder go on holiday for a day and you will be fine
  • Options
    Started a game with Charlton with the latest patch. After a poor start I won the league with 99 points, Peterborough in second and Bristol Rovers beating Swindon in the play off final.

My team for most of the season was a 4-3-3 of:

[align=center]Carroll

Francis Dailly Spence Bessone

Semedo

McCormack Bostock

Wagstaff BWP Brandy[/align]

Brandy scored 40 goals in 50 games (33 in the league)
    Wagstaff got 23
  • Options
    In my NON patch Charlton i have got them to the Prem within 5 seasons.

Now my team reads

Manu

Cicinho
    Wes Brown
    Goncalves
    Nelom

Zicu----Scott Brown
    Gonalons
    Drenthe

Wickham
    Rodriguez

Bench: Fielding, Sonko, Gardner, Vinken, Kerlon, Earnshaw, Brandy

Currently Mid table. Had trouble getting in a decent left back. But im making a profit now on a monthly basis. Shelvey money is coming through regularly as he is in the Liverpool team. Cousins is attracting ALOT of attention
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last two seasons I've lost in the Championship play-off semi-finals.

First game of the new season was Millwall away. We won 5-0. My striker from the academy started because of an injury, had only scored 2 goals the previous season, but he went on to score a hat trick.

Boxing day we played Palace at home, beat them 2-1. Followed that up 2 days later with a 3-0 win at home to Millwall. We were top of the league, just managing to keep ahead of the teams behind us.

Last game of the season we were 2nd and 3 points behind 1st place Sheff Utd, 3 ahead of 3rd place Blackburn. We were away to Palace, who were in 21st, hoping to stay up. Millwall were 22nd and 1 point behind Palace.

After 27 minutes one of my star midfielders gets himself sent off. We lost 3-1.

Fortunately Blackburn wasted their chance and lost 4-0 away to Norwich. Sheff Utd won the league, beating West Ham 2-0, meaning West Ham missed out on the play-offs. Blackburn finished 3rd, Norwich made 6th place and beat Blackburn 6-0 on aggregate in the play-offs. They then beat Stoke in the final and won promotion. Other results meant even if we had beaten Palace, they'd have still stayed up by a point.

Imagine the last day of the season us and Palace at Selhurst Park celebrating promotion/survival while hearing that Millwall had been relegated.

Now to take on the Premier League...
  • Options
    I got Charlton to the premier league in 4 seasons. Then i turned the computer off by the mains and the game now won't load... Is it a sign that we are not meant to be in the prem???!!!! ahhhhhh
  • Options
    @dizzee - there's an option where you can select rolling saved games, so the game will maintain 3 saved game files. This means if one file becomes corrupt at least you'll have a backup (you may only lose a month's worth of progress depending on how frequently you save). Worth enabling for future games.
  • Options
    @dizzee - there's an option where you can select rolling saved games, so the game will maintain 3 saved game files. This means if one file becomes corrupt at least you'll have a backup (you may only lose a month's worth of progress depending on how frequently you save). Worth enabling for future games.
    Quality!

Thanks...
  • Options
    major dilemma, got charlton promoted first season, having a torrid 2nd season, with 10 games to go six points off relegation, have been offered Villa job tripling salary, but as a charlton supporter should I leave them now?
  • Options
    major dilemma, got charlton promoted first season, having a torrid 2nd season, with 10 games to go six points off relegation, have been offered Villa job tripling salary, but as a charlton supporter should I leave them now?
    Yes Kap, yes you should ....

Hey hang on a minute.....
  • Options
    do it, curbs always comes in on my game and saves us. your self sacrifice is appreciated.
  • Options
    Leave, you'll always be a hero at the Valley
  • Options
    i've agreed with Villa to wait till the end of  the season

• Options
    Still on 2010, was going to get 11 the other day (£10 on steam) but thought id just wait till 2012 comes out.
    Anyone know details on 2012 yet? Wonder if alot has changed since 2010.

As for my 2010 game;

- Playing as Arsenal, won the league approx 14 times in a row since 2011/2012. Untouchable.

- Arsenal again, but online with a friend. First season joint top in January with my mate (l'pool) & Chelsea. Signings;
    Gourcuff
    Breno
    Lukaku
    Shelvey
    Danny Wilson
    Pedro Munitis
    Van Bommel
    Yann M'Vila
    Alphonse Areola
    Dirk Berger
    Mario Balotelli
    Joe Hart