Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2011

Comments

• Options
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237501-Patch-11.1.1-Now-Available!-Aka-Hotfix

Patch 11.1.1 "hotfix" is out, fixes some bugs missed in the first patch.

Should update automatically if you're using Steam.
  • Options
    30 games in the play off positions scored least amount of goals however have the best defence record, with over 15, 1-0 wins, only 2 loses at southampton and at Dagneham local derby 4-0 didnt turn reminds me of another game which wont be mentioned
    Kid called Jake Livermore is running the show for me
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvDGgXbmt0

A good strike from Wagstaff.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    What would you reccomend. Hard copy or steam? I will be using on a standard £399 compaq laptop.
  • Options
    Shouldn't make a difference really. With Steam you don't need the DVD to play.
  • Options
    Oh my days its all going horribly wrong! 1 nil defeat v Dagenham at home! will we ever get out of this rotten division! now where have i heard that before?
  • Options
    I've always found charlton so hard to manage. Im only in October but i'm 18th in the league, out of both the league cup and JPT both to league 2 teams and no sign of improvment any time soon. It seems like every year I play this game, start as charlton, suck then when i go to a new team do well. Always the same, and reading so many on here winning promotion etc makes it worse. Is anyone else as bad as me?
  • Options
    What tactic have people been playing as Charlton. At the moment for me it is:

Robbie-GK-Defend
    Francis-Full Back- Support
    Docherty- CB- Defend
    Fortune- CB- Defend
    Youga- Wing back- Support
    Wagstaff- Winger- Attack
    Semedo- Ball winning midfielder- Support
    Racon- Central Midfielder- Support
    Reid- Winger- Attack
    Abott- Deep- lying forward- Support
    Anyinsah- Poacher- Attack

At the moment im having a few problems. I am conceding for fun but also scoring a fair few. Im doing okay, in about 11th i think. The main problem is my wingers cannot cross for toffee and the whole team seems to miss the easiest of chances (although i have had that problem with every team on the game so far)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: alicwkd[/cite]At the moment im having a few problems. I am conceding for fun but also scoring a fair few. Im doing okay, in about 11th i think. The main problem is my wingers cannot cross for toffee and the whole team seems to miss the easiest of chances (although i have had that problem with every team on the game so far)

Might be a boring suggestion but I'd look at dealing with your defensive frailties before looking to improve your attacking options.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: alicwkd[/cite]At the moment im having a few problems. I am conceding for fun but also scoring a fair few. Im doing okay, in about 11th i think. The main problem is my wingers cannot cross for toffee and the whole team seems to miss the easiest of chances (although i have had that problem with every team on the game so far)[/quote]

Might be a boring suggestion but I'd look at dealing with your defensive frailties before looking to improve your attacking options.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion mate, im currently working on it. Made defensive positioning my special focus area in match prep, and chose to employ Docherty as a stopper defender and fortune as a covering one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely a good idea. You could look at offering Dailly a player/coach deal too to help with the defensive training but I have no idea how that goes or what his coaching attributes would be.
  • Options
    Haha, nice idea, might look into that
  • Options
    Try using the old tactics set-up. Much more simplistic and easier to implement. Good results too. Try bringing in Jeffers for the first season. Scored a lot of goals for me.
  • Options
    Does anyone change the backroom staff?? I brought in Tord Grip (Svens old mate) as a scout and he has found a few gems.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Does anyone change the backroom staff?? I brought in Tord Grip (Svens old mate) as a scout and he has found a few gems.

I got rid of most of them because they're on big wages and their stats are terrible.

I am finding this version ridiculously difficult as Charlton. I've signed some of the players others have signed above. Have no problems at all scoring goals but defensively I'm all over the place. Any sort of through ball between a centre back and my full back allows the opposition winger to get to the byline then drive it to the back post for their striker to tap in. Given I've noticed that pattern I should be able to stop it but I don't know how :(
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Does anyone change the backroom staff?? I brought in Tord Grip (Svens old mate) as a scout and he has found a few gems.

I got rid of most of them because they're on big wages and their stats are terrible.

I am finding this version ridiculously difficult as Charlton. I've signed some of the players others have signed above. Have no problems at all scoring goals but defensively I'm all over the place. Any sort of through ball between a centre back and my full back allows the opposition winger to get to the byline then drive it to the back post for their striker to tap in. Given I've noticed that pattern I should be able to stop it but I don't know how :(

I got chriss smalling on loan for the season since fortune ended up gettin a 5 month injury, Smalling and docherty did wonders, didnt conceed for about 6/7 games (until one the trophy then was toss for last 2 matches) also ddint lose in a 17 games patch after xmas, and bairly drew, championship wise i'm finding it a hell of a lot harder since have no money and no1 worth any money to sell ideally mid table then push for promotion next yr once some of the freebie youth players picked up for nought sell for a few million!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Yeh I got rid of Kins, and got some Serbian guy in who is dirt cheap and has much better stats. Haven't bothered looking at the others but will now...
  • Options
    I'm going to be updating the Charlton data for the patch/data update that will be out in February/March soon.

Anyone have any feedback or noticed any errors?

Will hopefully be working out how big a transfer budget we should have as well!
  • Options
    Scoham , what do you work for fm or something ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The research is done by fans and I do it for Charlton.

It's not a job, don't get paid for it (apart from a free copy of the game).
  • Options
    What can you actually change in the update then ?
  • Options
    The stats on it are on the whole very accurate so don't take this as criticism but the only thing I can think of is that I've personally found that Semedo scores far too many long range goals, so maybe alter the stats that affect that. Has done me a favour on the game but is a little unrealistic!

Other than that I've found the stats really realistic, although maybe my signing of Andy van der Meyde was a little ridiculous (not that I think you can edit that)
  • Options
    Pretty much everything related to Charlton in the game. Most doesn't need changing as it's still up to date (kit colours, club records, stadium details etc).

Will be looking over all the players and making a few adjustments where needed. Any transfers will be there, including staff, so Andy Woodman will be moved to Newcastle.

Most of Matt Fry's ratings haven't been set (so are random, different each new game you start) as last season the West Ham and Gillingham researchers hadn't seen enough of him to judge him properly. Now he's had a run here I can make his ratings more accurate.

Some of the youth players will be updated now that I know more about them.
  • Options
    Think palace are fierce rivals and after jacksons 9 goals so far this season maybe finishing should be better than a 9 ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]The stats on it are on the whole very accurate so don't take this as criticism but the only thing I can think of is that I've personally found that Semedo scores far too many long range goals, so maybe alter the stats that affect that. Has done me a favour on the game but is a little unrealistic!

Other than that I've found the stats really realistic, although maybe my signing of Andy van der Meyde was a little ridiculous (not that I think you can edit that)
    I remember someone mentioning that on here a while ago. Strange one as he has a very low rating for long shots (3/20 or something). Even has a preferred move "looks to pass rather than shoot".

Shouldn't happen with such a low long shots rating, so will be a match engine issue.

You're right van der Meyde is nothing to do with me.
  • Options
    Fair enough mate most of it's quite accurate to be fair maybe harriot and cousins should have better ratings racons much better than last season maybe he could have a few adjustments and anyinsah better than we all thought , think peacock should be a legend but it's all minor things .
  • Options
    Interesting about Semedo, he's my second highest scorer so as you say must be a quirk.....

Also noticed that the Valencia link up is still there. Think I saw Murray confirm somewhere that has now finished.

Keep up the good work though mate!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think both Abbott and Benson's stats could do with tweaking.

I think you mentioned before that Jackson needs his ability at left back upped significantly. Could even be a D/M L/C.

Francis has way too many preferred moves.

Semedo could get the 'looks for the pass rather than shot' (can't remember exact wording) and 'plays short simple passes' preferred moves, however I'm not sure to what extent these preferred moves influence the game?
  • Options
    I think the Valencia link was removed for the first patch.

I guess you mean the gap between Benson and Abbott should be closer, was going to look at that.

Jackson already has a decent rating af left back, which makes him "competent" there rather than "accomplished" which I think is a good description of him as a left back.

Will be checking every players preferred moves. Semedo already has those two.