Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliott

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Rob Elliot came off at HT. Any news about his injury?

And how did Worner play?

Incidentally, I see Randolph shipped 3 goals against Inverness Caley today.

Worner looked shaky and also dropped a cross. If Elliot is out for a while we need a loan in my view.
  • Options
    Worner dropped a cross under the big lump up top. Was mentioned that this would be his issue. Robbie dropped one with no pressure on him
  • Options
    we need a big keeper to dominate his area and look impossing worner and elliot both look like little kids between the sticks and are not strong enough to come through a crowded area and take a cross. new keeper is a must.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]Worner dropped a cross under the big lump up top. Was mentioned that this would be his issue. Robbie dropped one with no pressure on him

I'm not sure there was no pressure on Robbie but he certainly shouldn't have dropped it. He did come quite a long way by his standards to claim it and I was thinking good on you Robbie then he dropped the damned thing!
  • Options
    Time to give worner his chance now ,big robbie has looked stale for quite a while Now he can concentrate on his big passion,England..cricket..world cup
  • Options
    Maybe i am wrong mate but thought there was a lack of opposition around him,but as i said i forget specifics later on
  • Options
    I don't like to say it, but every time the opposition have a shot I am worried that they will score. If I think that, I wonder if his team mates think the same.
    It can't be all in my imagination, ie I never thought that when Deano was in goal.
  • Options
    That's the problem when you have a slightly overweight keeper with no real competition.
    His waistline is only ever going to go one way.
  • Options
    who is avaliable
    doyle at birmingham?
    Gulacsi at liverpool
    Bogdan at Bolton
    Mucha at everton
    Zuberbuhler at fulham
    Bunn at Blackburn
    Boffin or Stech at West ham

these i guess are more relastic targets then Guazan & kirkland who i hear from, previous messgaes that he is on 40k a week lol bring back Stephane Anderson from Brondby according to the web site he is no longer number one there ? could we get him back on loan?
  • Options
    All of them are on Prem wages, Lee.

Doubt if our budget stretches that far - or even if they would want to come here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]All of them are on Prem wages, Lee.

Doubt if our budget stretches that far - or even if they would want to come here.

Having said that there are several teams with a young, premier league keeper on loan - Exeter have had 2 different ones in the last year or so.

If we did it it would need a youngster to do it - not going to get Kirkland (incidentally the only keeper alive who is more injury prone than our very own flying spud Robbie)
  • Options
    My original picks Ben Alnwick and Jason Brown have now gone on loan to Doncaster and Cardiff respectively . Luke Daniels is at Bristol Rovers , I believe Carl Ikeme is injured before anyone suggests them .

Arsenal let James Shea join the Saints so what about Oscar Jansson at Spurs ?

He has played at this level for Exeter and was at the Cobblers earlier this season , so he is not a complete novice . would be cover for Worner and not necesarily in the team .
  • Options
    Worner has looked decent in a couple of games, but it shouldn't be ingnored that he cost us a goal due to a poorly judged charge out of his goal vs Huddersfield and let 4 in vs Shrewsbury (not necessarily directly his fault). He also looked a but flappy on Saturday - I wasn't at all sure about his judgement on crosses and he did drop two, although one was following a heavy collision with a player.

Not for second writing Worner off but the evidence so far doesn't really suggest he's ready to step in and significantly improve upon Robbie. I guess the question is will he be significantly worse either - if the answer is no he's probably worth a run of 4 or 5 games at least to see how he does.
  • Options

But are we talking buy longterm or emergency loan until the end of this season ?

Add Ikeme to Lee's list, perhaps? He had a loan spell at the Valley a couple of seasons back (somewhat superfluously, because at the time we had a very decent reserve keeper in Randolph). I think he's now back kicking his heels at Wolves after a loan spell with Leicester earlier this season, where some bloke called Powell will have got to know him...
  • Options
    Richard J above says Ikeme is injured
  • Options
    Wayne Henderson at Preston seems to have dropped to 3rd choice there, he won a couple of caps for Ireland not so long ago and could be an option
    Peter Gulaci did not impress when he played for Tranmere, had a shocker against us at Prenton Park
    Colin Doyle is also a good shout, was higly rated a couple of years back but seems to have been out of the picture for a while now.
    Also unless there are injuries- Cardiff have about 3 keepers with good pedigree- Heaton and Marshall who are their's and may now be available for loan as they've just signed Bywater on loan, did someone say Brown was there aswell?
    Pity Federici at Reading is injured as Andersen who was MOM for Bristol Rovers at The Valley in now back there as cover, he would have been worth a punt.

Just a few names that may be on the radar.
  • Options
    like Robbie, and the fact he is a local lad and a fan makes me want him to do well even more, but injury or not i think he's lost a bit of confidence over the last couple of months and would benefit from a spell out of the side.

Whether Worner is good enough to take up the mantle, i really don't know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

That has to be the worry. I agree that Robbies lack of confidence would benefit from a spell on the sideline to rebuild (and hopefully he'll think "I'll show them" rather "this is so unfair"). But we shouldn't be reckless. I don't think Worner covered himself in glory at the weekend, he had one good moment where he was out like a shot to block a potential one on one situation. But his handling looked poor, is this just rustiness since he hasn't had games as we no longer have a reserve team as such ?
  • Options
    Worner was complaining of a hip injury on Friday after training. Could end up with a young 'un in goal by Saturday if he's feeling it again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

That has to be the worry. I agree that Robbies lack of confidence would benefit from a spell on the sideline to rebuild (and hopefully he'll think "I'll show them" rather "this is so unfair"). But we shouldn't be reckless. I don't think Worner covered himself in glory at the weekend, he had one good moment where he was out like a shot to block a potential one on one situation. But his handling looked poor, is this just rustiness since he hasn't had games as we no longer have a reserve team as such ?

I don't see how Worner's handling looked any worse than Elliott's based on that one game. They both dropped one cross. The second one that Worner "dropped" - I don't think there are many keepers in the world who would be able to hold onto the ball if Enoch Showunmi jumped straight into them at full pelt. Elliott also punched on one occasion when he could have caught it.

I'm being too critical about Elliott really, but Worner was no worse in the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

Having said that there are several teams with a young, premier league keeper on loan - Exeter have had 2 different ones in the last year or so.

If we did it it would need a youngster to do it - not going to get Kirkland (incidentally the only keeper alive who is more injury prone than our very own flying spud Robbie)

wba have an u19 keeper that happens to be a charlton fan as well. now if only we knew a keeper there who'd be able to shed any light on whether he'd be good enough
  • Options
    Andersson from Reading? Played a blinder against us when on loan at Bristol Rovers.
  • Options
    Andy Marshall. 3rd 4th choice at Villa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Andy Marshall. 3rd 4th choice at Villa.

good shout
  • Options
    Andy Marshall. 3rd 4th choice at Villa.

A very good shout
  • Options
    He was amazing today with his 100th app what a man ..
    Yeah he may not be the best keeper but he is a great shot stopper and a guy who loves charlton . Deserves every bit of praise he gets today . Im sure if it wasnt for elliott today us charlton fans wouldn't be as happy than i am now
  • Options
    He was the only one who fronted my mate after he gave the whole team stick whilst warming down after another piss poor performance
  • Options
    Maybe i'm being unfair , but i thought he was slow to react to the deflected 2nd goal , his kicking was a bit suspect at times ( Ben Roberts please help him out) , i thought he made one good save in the first half , and 2nd half he earnt us a point , save after save , some of them i don't know know how he did them , they were outstanding , thanks Robbie , you made our lot a lot happier , we could have lost that by 4 or 5 goals.
  • Options
    Really pleased for Robbie today, felt a lot more confident with him in goal on Tuesday than Worner. Pleased he has shown he is a fine keeper and looks like another MOM on the rating thread. For a keeper who divides opinions he has earned us good points this season and has his fair share of MOM's on the ratings threads.

Imho he has only had a couple of dodgy games this season and has made less mistakes than last season. Yes his kicking is suspect but so was Deano's and I really do not think there are many better in League 1.

Congrats on 100apps for Charlton. Great achievement.
  • Options
    fantastic performance today from elliot. did he swing a kick at that fella who booted him in the chest? i hope so.

couple of bad kicks? maybe. do we recall every bad pass a player makes? there were fucking loads todays. we really are struggling to play the passing game powell wants and we'd all like to see.

still, the fight we made for the second goal made my day. they deserved the applause at the end despite the shortcomings.