Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliott

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I still occasionally shout "Deano!" when a goalie kicks the ball into touch.
    In that case, I bet you also shout Leaburn when a new striker misses a sitter ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I still occasionally shout "Deano!" when a goalie kicks the ball into touch.
    In that case, I bet you also shout Leaburn when a new striker misses a sitter ;-)

Ah, no I don't... but I may start that now that you've reminded me.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]One good game does not rectify many bad games he has had for us.

Of the 100 games he has now played many more have been good than bad.

How many markedly better keepers than him are there really in league 1? Davis of Southampton probably, Lee of Brentford probably, after that I'm struggling as suggestions like Weaver that could be made are distinctly debatable in my opinion.

You can add Fon Williams of Rochdale to that list Len. He made some great saves. Unfortunately someone superglued Rob's boots to the line for their 1st goal. If only I could find the culprit, that must be a dozen times this season he's got away with it :-(

See the below link.

For the 2nd goal Rob dived to the floor and the Dale player knocked it straight in, where he was standing before diving out of the way :-(
  • Options
    Congratulations Rob...starting his first game for the Republic now against Turkey! Do yourself proud Dilsh!!! :-)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Congratulations Rob...starting his first game for the Republic now against Turkey! Do yourself proud Dilsh!!! :-)

Irish?!
  • Options
    Happy for him. Very good keeper, would like to see him go and get games somewhere to stop being wasted on the bench at the Toon.
  • Options
    Follows in a lomg line of Charlton keepers representing Ireland .... well Deano!!!
  • Options
    He and Randolph both represented Ireland youth teams while with us. Not an awful lot to do tonight, but still beaten by two good goals.

• Options
    Gave up his stag weekend in Vegas to play, apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh it's a tough life.

• Options

And if he never he would never ever represent Ireland, so it was not really a hard decision for him I am sure
  • Options
    Just come off the bench for Ireland, they're beating USA 4-1.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Surely worth a new thread? ;-)
  • Options
    IA said:

se9addick said:

Where's Paulie when you need him
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

IA said:

se9addick said:

He quit CL. :-(
  • Options

Kap10 said:

IA said:

se9addick said:

He quit CL. :-(
    Really?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ha, sorry - I'm in the US and couldn't find the England game anywhere so ended up watching the Ireland match and thought everyone would want to now the big news !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worth trying to sign him and send Maynard-Brewer to League Two on loan?
  • Options
    If we can get him in with the wage cap then I'd definitely agree with this
  • Options
    If we can get him in with the wage cap then I'd definitely agree with this
    Could say he's a bit like Jonny Williams where he shouldnt really need to worry about wages now

I'm surprised he's back down South as have read a few times that he fell in love with living up North etc. and was happy to stay up there
  • Options
    All his wages would count whereas none of AMB do, so whilst it'd probably be great for all involved it probably can't happen 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    All his wages would count whereas none of AMB do, so whilst it'd probably be great for all involved it probably can't happen 
    Maynard-Brewer turned 21 in June
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Doesnt matter, he was 20 on 01-JAN-2020 so his wages don't count

• Options
    MattF said:
    Doesnt matter, he was 20 on 01-JAN-2020 so his wages don't count
    Cheers, thats the one thing I keep forgetting
  • Options
    Glad to see him back - Addick through and through 
  • Options
    Not a cat in hells chance he'll sign for us now. The wage cap means we could probably offer him £2-4k per week. His last contract was with Newcastle, a Premiership club. I expect he was on at least £30k per week, probably closer to £50k. I don't think he's going to cut his wages by 90% just because he's a fan. I know he is not being paid anything atm, but I'm sure at least a Championship club could offer him something better.
  • Options
    If Rob Elliott had a contract worth more than £20k a week then the football world is ten times madder than i thought