Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

solly signs jenkinson declines

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
My new defoe i hate the B*STARD*

Comments

• Options
    Choosing a higher level of Football than Pub League 1. Surely not.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    what a plonker
  • Options
    Oh behave, it is the sad reality in which we exist and let's face it apart from two lines on the website, we know nothing.

If it is a Premier League team, who can blame him? That's (modern) football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Choosing a higher level of Football than Pub League 1. Surely not.

I see what you mean JT, but you can’t help but feel a little disappointed that he’s chosen not to allow the club who have nurtured his talent from the age of nine and given him his chance to make a transfer fee from his departure.

If he was good enough someone would have paid a fee, this development fee stuff is never going to go in our favour.
  • Options
    maybe he doesnt want to risk playing in this dogshite league. he might have offered a chance somewhere better and he's gonna take it.

fair play.
  • Options
    Unfortuntately that's modern Football, there's not too much loyalty shown in the game currently and there clearly must be a club in a better position than us that's been snooping around. Of course it's disappointing, but not surprising either.
  • Options
    Probably been sounded out about joining a bigger club. We'll get a development fee. On the downside, we're probably going to keep Francis as backup
  • Options
    Not that surprised. The days of player loyalty displayed by people like Keith Peacock and Brian Kinsey are long gone. The sooner all the ones who don't give a toss about Charlton are out the door the better.
  • Options
    I hope they now drop the fecking bastard and leave him to join Palarse next season................some players make you laugh with ideas above their station. Although he has played well in the 7 (SEVEN) league games he has played this season , he is certainly no Lee Bowyer or Scott Parker.

perhaps he should have a word with Grant Basey !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I hope they now drop the fecking bastard and leave him to join Palarse next season................some players make you laugh with ideas above their station. Although he has played well in the 7 (SEVEN) league games he has played this season , he is certainly no Lee Bowyer or Scott Parker.

perhaps he should have a word with Grant Basey !

In fairness, if he isn't going to be here next season I see no reason at all to continue to let him through the door at Sparrows lane, why on earth should our money be paying for his development any longer. Let him begin his new career today.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hes an ungrateful prik i hope he ends up playing in league 2
  • Options
    You may remember that I started a thread recently after the Dail Mail reported interest from Arsenal. Someone else said that his family were all Arsenal fans, so looks like one that we lose.
  • Options
    Do we keep playing him (probably at the expense of Solly) to get him maximum exposure and potentially increase the fee, or do we consign him to the reserves as punishment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Do we keep playing him (probably at the expense of Solly) to get him maximum exposure and potentially increase the fee, or do we consign him to the reserves as punishment?

I suppose it would have been an interesting argument prior to January.

Now I expect with our modicum of financial comfort the priority is to give Solly games under his belt and a consistent run in the team. Next season starts now, we don't have time to waste on people that aren't going to be on board.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Do we keep playing him (probably at the expense of Solly) to get him maximum exposure and potentially increase the fee, or do we consign him to the reserves as punishment?

He wont play again. No chance. If Powell didn't want to play him while he considered the contract I doubt he'll play him now he's rejected it !

I don't really want to see him again. Not being harsh but we need to focus on the future. Jenkinson is part of the (Unsuccessful) past.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

I suppose it would have been an interesting argument prior to January.

Now I expect with our modicum of financial comfort the priority is to give Solly games under his belt and a consistent run in the team. Next season starts now, we don't have time to waste on people that aren't going to be on board.

THIS (sorry had to be done given the CL etiquette thread!)
  • Options
    The club won't play him, simply because the amount of abuse that he will get. If a bigger club is sniffing around and a deal is likely, I don't think they would want him to play for us anyway in case he gets injured. Problem we have is if Solly gets injured.
  • Options
    Reading Slaters comments I don't think we will see him play for us again, don't think he liked the 'dream come true' bs somehow
  • Options
    Who cares?
    Chances are he wouldnt have gone on to make it with us anyway.

What about all the one WE release ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if he does play i wouldnt of thought he would get a great reception
  • Options
    Presumably now we are entitled to a fee as we've offered him a contract that is equivalent/better than his current deal?
  • Options
    Let him piss off. Hope we expend not a single iota of effort on him now tbh. bye.
  • Options
    Ha Ha - he might have been reading the forum and gotr carried away with all his MOM reports.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. !!!

F### Off your finish ed - just like Niemi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Don't want him near the 1st team , shame he didn't want to help us improve next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Presumably now we are entitled to a fee as we've offered him a contract that is equivalent/better than his current deal?

Correct - as long as he joins an English club which I'd say is a given.
  • Options
    Think we need to get a sense of perspective of where we are and how attractive we are. Not going to repeat everything I have said and replied to on twitter but you can take a look here:

http://www.twitter.com/glennsoutham
  • Options
    LITTLE TWAT !!!!!!!

I HAVE NEVER BOOED A CHARLTON TEAM, OR A CHARLTON PLAYER. I COULD LET ALL OF THAT PENT UP FRUSTRATION OUT ON THIS LITTLE PRATT !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Steady folks, Jenkinson is still very young.

Why not find out his reasons, before spouting abuse?
  • Options
    Yep, sorry, your right,.

YOUNG PRATT !!!!!!!