Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West ham almost certain to go down

Comments

• Options
    Di Matteo would be my choice if I was West Ham, young and likes to play good football, but they will probably go for Allardyce, O'Neill or Bilic
  • Options
    Di Canio's CV is probably already in the post.
  • Options

What a game that was between wigan and west ham. Ouch for that 3rd goal right infront of the away end haha. A premature pitch invasion by the Wigan fans but they somehow manage to stay in the top flight every year and they have the momentm to win the next game.

• Options
    Hughton has apparently been at Upton Park for the last few games but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's Di Canio. If QPR sack Warnock then it'll be him.
  • Options
    I was at the Wigan v West Ham game and it set my mind racing. Wigan played with passion, their fans cheered them on even when they were 2-0 down and they made the most of their talents. Remind you of a small club in SE7 a few years back? They deserved to beat West Ham more comfortably, to be honest.
  • Options
    Woke up smiling, and now at work cant take this stupid grin of my face.Think i will get hit today by one of the many wesshham mugs I work with.Happy days!
  • Options
    According to the Daily Mail, Grant was fired in the tunnel coming off the pitch. Those Directors have got real class !
  • Options

That was in  the mail mate wait tillits in the Guardian before we can believe its true.

WHU treated us with respect over at Upton Park----they hate  the Bermonsey Pikeys -------why all this hate here towards em ?

• Options

How the hell Millwall fans can claim they are big rivals to West Ham is beyond me.  Idea's of grandeur.
    They have probably only played them half a dozen times in the last 70 years and most of that would have been down to cup games.
    West Ham have had relegation and a down fall due for sometime so no sympathy from me. None the less there fans in the main have always been fair to us and west ham did help us when we wanted out of Selhurst Park so I don't get the venom of some of the euphoria.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I personally think it's going to be Allardyce. Free neck brace with every season ticket.

They won the World Cup don't you know !!!  PMSL

• Options

Can't really understand all this West Ham hatred, but to slate a bloke for crying because his team has been relegated is OTT, show some compassion for a fellow football supporter.

A lot of you should remember back to our relegation from the Prem. and the Championship. I'm not ashamed to admit that I had a tear in my eye both times.

• Options
    Rumours of McLaren for the new manager's position!

I like West Ham, but still amused me seeing them go down.
  • Options
    Most of these twats crying only want to get their mugs (quite appropriate for West Ham) on the tv.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Striker Firmani - The West Ham/Millwall rivalry started with the Battle of Wapping in 1972 (When West Ham on their way back from the Nigels and millwall on their way back from Orient, unintentionally met on their travels home) and the Harry Cripps testimonial at the old Den at end of that season, when West Ham got in the Cold Blow Lane End and managed to stay in there. Its been tit for tat ever since.

These people crying at football because their team has been relegated or lost a cup final, need to man-up a bit and get a life. Complete muppets.

• Options
    Dont think West Ham will get many offers for Robert Green. Carlton Cole missed an absolute sitter, hes not a very good striker anyway imo.
  • Options
    @Tutt-Tutt

the rivalry started long long before that. rival dockers, rival areas, east end cup competitions etc. always been off the pitch rivalry, it just intensified with the rise of hooliganism.

@Striker Firmani

most west ham would see Millwall as their fiercest rivals and vice versa. the carling cup game showed how much it means to them.
  • Options

Dave Mehmet  -  very harsh, do you actually believe he sat there crying just to get himself on TV?

Ok, I agree, perhaps he should 'man up', but when your club plays a big part of your life, it can reduce the hardest to tears.

How did you feel when we went down twice?

• Options
    Crying at a game is just weak, unless it's tears of joy. I'm not sure why you would want to be seen crying on TV...

Sparrow, didn't millwall break the picket line during a dockland strike before crossing South to an area they weren't invited to you scab pikeys?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I was told the modern rivalry started as Tutt Tutt describes and intensified a few years later when the Millwall supporter died at New Cross station fleeing from some of the Irons fans.

There was an earlier rivalry which involved the fact that the Millwall supporting docks worked through the General Strike in 1926 as well as both clubs having been formed by rival docks meant that the traditions were similar .

What interests me is the period between 1926 and 1972 , during this spell they hardly played each other and the fact that Cripps ( who was an ex Hammer )invited them to be the opponents in his big game showed relations between the clubs must have been good  . You could not imagine the Hammers being invited instead of us to play Alan Dunne's Testimonial .

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Dave Mehmet  -  very harsh, do you actually believe he sat there crying just to get himself on TV? - Yes

Ok, I agree, perhaps he should 'man up', but when your club plays a big part of your life, it can reduce the hardest to tears.

How did you feel when we went down twice? - Gutted but not to the point of blubbing like a baby.

• Options
    edited May 2011

Remember when we beat them 4-0!

I never used to mind west ham until Karen Brady got in there. The woman is a disgrace and should have nothing to do with football along with Gabby Logan.

Before this sounds like a total rant... I'm off!

DIZZEE OUT

• Options
    I've got loads of West Ham mates and know how they feel, but even they say that it was coming for a couple of years

At least we can't drop any further and look forward to playing them again soon
  • Options

Wish I shared your confidence with that second sentence Creepy!

• Options

Those of you feeling sorry for them might remember us getting a 5-0 drubbing on Boxing Day a few years ago in the Prem.

Very embarrassing.

• Options
    West Ham do this every few years.  They've only been up for 6 years.  They will go back up in a couple of years and then come down again in 5 to 10 years time.
  • Options

I also don't get the "they were very good to us when we stayed at Upton Park" line. They did it because they wanted the money not as a favour to us.

Okay maybe they didn't quite tear the backside out of it, like the small minded stripeys did, but they also did very nicely out of the deal at the same time.

• Options
    Football+crying like a baby=GAY.get a life!
  • Options
    @StrikerFirmani The rivalry and hatred between WHU and MIllwall is not totally football related but goes back to the rivalry between the Docks.
  • Options
    Football+crying like a baby=GAY.get a life!

They're the same loud mouth tossers who will all be giving it "back where we belong" if and when they go up again