Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West ham almost certain to go down

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    @ Stig

You'll be hard pressed to find any logic to my argument mate.
    (c.f harping on about the river and then saying bollocks to geography)
    Still think they're a different breed over there though!

Is there really a place called Mudchute? Hehe
  • Options
    Are West Ham down yet?

What, no appeals?

And how can they claim to be WEST Ham, when Ham is a lovely village in Kent. Or Wiltshire. Or something
    West Ham is actually a lovely village near Pevensey in East Sussex and boasts the oldest Norman Church in England.
  • Options
    Surely West Ham are Trinovantes whilst we are Cantiaci!
  • Options
    Taking threads away from their original subjects....
  • Options
    ...and southern  Britain is of course sinking due to isostatic recovery, so technically they always were going down.
    As indeed were Charlton.
  • Options

South London La la la.

• Options
    Who cares?
  • Options

@Floyd - isn't isostatic recovery the same as post glacial rebound, which does I believe only describe the effect on areas that were under miles of snow. So in Britians case, Scotland.

I think we are safer refering to it as the Flandrian Transgression.

Incidently is Montana in the right place to be sinking or rising?

• Options
    I think we are an east-by-south-east London club.
  • Options
    Surely West Ham are Trinovantes whilst we are Cantiaci!
    Best post on this thread - anoraks at ten paces!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cantiaci Rule
  • Options
    Julius Ceasar said ""Of all these (British tribes), by far the most civilised are they who dwell in Kent..."
  • Options
    He obviously hadn't been to the Isle of Sheppey at that point though.
  • Options
    Anoraks rule, yeah! 
  • Options
    If Kent is the Garden of England, then the Isle of Sheppey is the compost heap.
  • Options
    All a bit hair splitting isn't it? The S in SE7 is good enough isn't it or shall we set up a fans capital diagram split into eighths - that way we would be in ES7 so we would be east london. Millwall are nomads like Arsenal really but i think they both qualify for full squatter / asylum rights now.
    We've been south of the river for only 5 years less than you've even existed!
  • Options
    If Kent is the garden of England they should cut down on the manure.
  • Options

@Floyd - isn't isostatic recovery the same as post glacial rebound, which does I believe only describe the effect on areas that were under miles of snow. So in Britians case, Scotland.

It is the same but as Scotland , well the line north of Thames/Severn, rises after shedding 2-3kms of ice, so, like a see-saw, the south of England sinks.
    Hence West Ham inevitably and literally going down.

I'm sorry my friend but I take umbridge with you transient fly-by-nights who want to stick to the Flandrian Transgression. Such short-termism. Pah!
    (Actually I dont believe it is a discrete period, and have no time for the so-called 'Holcene')

Montana (big sky country) is on the rebound, up and up, though I get my name from my father, Tony.
  • Options

Bloody newcomers.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    All a bit hair splitting isn't it? The S in SE7 is good enough isn't it or shall we set up a fans capital diagram split into eighths - that way we would be in ES7 so we would be east london. Millwall are nomads like Arsenal really but i think they both qualify for full squatter / asylum rights now.
    that's a long time to have been around to have never won anything. Jump across the river? Change our home kit to white? Got any more identity crisis's to undergo in your quest for success?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It is the same but as Scotland , well the line north of Thames/Severn, rises after shedding 2-3kms of ice, so, like a see-saw, the south of England sinks.
    Hence West Ham inevitably and literally going down.

I'm sorry my friend but I take umbridge with you transient fly-by-nights who want to stick to the Flandrian Transgression. Such short-termism. Pah!
    (Actually I dont believe it is a discrete period, and have no time for the so-called 'Holcene')

Montana (big sky country) is on the rebound, up and up, though I get my name from my father, Tony.
    Well thats cleared that one up!
  • Options
    Umbrage. Holocene.

That is all.
  • Options
    Umbrage. Holocene.

That is all.
    Well you are half right Leroy
    Holos is from the greek meaning whole or entire. So you could say that is all

• Options
    Umbrage. Holocene.

That is all.
    More, more.
  • Options
    Big sam in line to take over aparantly. Strange one but he will get them back to the premier league.
  • Options
    Possibly very, very slowly.
    Glacial progression, even.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Frankly I'm pleased about 'Big Sams' return, I'm sure he will bring a style of football West Ham fans have been craving for , for years, and one they so richly deserve after this most punishing of seasons.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Big Sam's approach will make them yearn for Curbs' style of football.

As always, be careful what you wish for.