Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• he's a very good blagger
  • bite they're hands off .... pardew always pays over the top for pony players, £100k is a result , with his contract running down it's money that will disintegrate in time
  • Pardew reminds us of the type of man he is.

Not only is he patently a grade A tosser, he is also an arsewit in the transfer market - he could not have handled this situation any more badly.

End result - he looks a dick (as per usual) and now Elliot is unsettled.

Thanks Pardew you massive, massive dickhead.
  • How is Pardew having this much time to give interviews, negotiate for players etc when there are NUFC staff/player's partners to be wooing?

• bet Hamer's gutted he picked up that injury and god knows what Sullivan makes of it all - anyway, i'm sure it will get resolved and personally i'd like him to stay but think he'll go after a bit of negotiation. Wonder who will start tomorrow?
  • I'm sure Robbie will start
  • The problem is now is that Robbie might be drawn to premiership football and the club might have to let him go. Having said that ' I think we will both be in the Championship next season.
  • I'm sure Robbie will start
    Providing his concentration is 100% on the game then no other reason for him not to start. That might be a asking a bit much though, given all that's going on.
  • Ideal oppertunity to get Hamer into the team tomorrow.
  • can't help thinking that Ashley is asset stripping Newcastle at the moment - With the money he's made in the transfer market in the last year and the sky TV money - neither of which seems to have been re invested, i can't help thinking he'll be looking for a lower sale price and be off sooner rather than later 
  • Sponsored links:

• Any chance Pardew needs a right back as well?
  • and maybe a centre forward to pair up with last year's 'capture' of Kuqi - or has he retired now?
  • I'd have accepted it - I can't get all sentimental over him just cause he supports Charlton as well, he's an o.k keeper but we already have better at the club, personally think he will still be gone before the window shuts, maybe not there, but somewhere
  • Whilst I don't think he's our best keeper, let alone a Premiership one, a fee of £100k would make him worth one eleventh of Izale McLeod in Pardew terms and worth even less than Dean Sinclair. I thought we could rely on Super Al to come in with an offer way over the odds.
  • Alan Pardew can poke his £100,000 up his arse.
  • I don't understand why people think we'd get anywhere near £500k for him. Last year of contract, 3rd division player - £100k seems reasonable to me.
  • think around 250k and he'll be off. just shows though that we are not desperate for 100k.
  • Lets not forget Elliot can go for nothing at the end of the season, so the club might reconsider this or take something very slightly higher. We all know that Pardew is taking the piss, but he knows that he can here under these circumstances. No doubt Woodman and Pardew have promised Rob the earth in wages.
  • Alan Pardew can poke his £100,000 up his arse.
    He probably already has tbf
  • Typical Pardew to spout off about their bid when asked not to, doe the man have no sense of decency?
  • Sponsored links:

• i think 150k to 200k would be reasonable and he obviously doesnt want to sign for us wether he supports the team or not he wants more cash it seems so let him go,he gets stick from everyone anyway, start of season everyone wanted him replacing  and we have so lets get a bit of cash instead of zilch at the end of the season 
  • I'd take 200k plus if it were to be used to improve the squad elsewhere. not as if we havn't already got decent cover with Hamer and Sullivan. 
  • Pardew has played this trick before when trying to sign a player for us.  Go public unsettle the player and hope it manifests unrest to get a player on the cheap.  
  • 200k - you must be joking. 500k minimum - if not we keep him - who know what might happen over the course of a season - he might decide to sign a new deal. Anyway Newcastle are not interested for anything over £100k so looks like that one is dead in the water.

• What if we don't get another offer for him? His wages will be paid for the season and then he's off, all for the sake of maybe £50-£75k more?

• So if Rob loses his place in the team, and events move on, he may not be such an attractive proposition to even be a premier league reserve. If Rob wants to sort this, he should tell his agent, to tell Andy Woodman, to tell Alan Pardew, to tell Mike Ashley, to tell Michael Slater (who then discusses with Tony Jimenez and the Mekons), to tell Chris Powell, that the offer is now £5000,000 plus add ons.

• Muttley I'll have what your having if you think £500k is realistic
  • Muttley I'll have what your having if you think £500k is realistic
    reality and the premiership are two different things though
  • Personally would bite their hand off.

£500k!! For an average third division keeper in the last year of his contract!!!

• I suppose Man Utd paid £18m for a keeper that regularly gets beaten from outside the box....so there is hope if we are holding out for £500k! Realistically £200k will be his value or if we wait to the end of the season it will be f**k all!