Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• This appeared on Footie Rumours ,does anyone know much about Kadar ? I think he went on loan to Hudders last season.

21 Aug 2011 18:47:06
    Chris Powell is planning to be busy before deadline day.

Charlton are trying to get Newcastle defender Tamas Kadar in exchange for Rob Elliot.

• Is this the same Newcastle who offered £100K first & final offer, take it or leave it ?
  • Is this the same Daily Mail who in last Thursdays edition said that he had signed a three year deal for Newcastle and was looking forward to working with Andy Woodman again?

Was also something in the Evening Gooner tonight....didnt even bother reading it though as, when it comes to clubs like us,  it's about as reliable as South Eastern trains, so i just cracked on with the Suduko.
  • Is this the same Daily Mail who in last Thursdays edition said that he had signed a three year deal for Newcastle and was looking forward to working with Andy Woodman again?
    Was also something in the Evening Gooner tonight....didnt even bother reading it though as, when it comes to clubs like us,  it's about as reliable as South Eastern trains, so i just cracked on with the Suduko.
    you can do Suduko? .. what's the secret? ..  Newcastle are after R E,  that will be a big boost to his confidence. IF he is finally fully fit after 18 months of uncertainty then we need to keep him. he looks slimmer, quicker and more alert. But 5 keepers? .. mind you, they last and go on for ever
  • Barcodes will up their offer, we will withdraw our complaint to the Prem League, Robs wages will increase and everyone will be happy. Watch this space!
  • This appeared on Footie Rumours ,does anyone know much about Kadar ? I think he went on loan to Hudders last season. 21 Aug 2011 18:47:06 Chris Powell is planning to be busy before deadline day. Charlton are trying to get Newcastle defender Tamas Kadar in exchange for Rob Elliot.
    I think any rumour from that site should be banned from Charlton life. It is that ridiculous.
  • Lets hope the speculated 'second offer' pleases CP (not SCP). I hope it pleases us and them and Robbie Elliot. A good amount of money could be like the Jenkinson transfer. Nobody wanted Jenko to go but that £1m has bought us a new and improved team. The money we COULD get from Rob could get us a new CB and a BWP back up.

Hope it works as I can't imagine that 5 full time keepers on a league 1 wage bill isn't doing any good.
  • We'll accept £150k plus add ons,announce it as undisclosed, let it leak that its £500k including add ons and it will finish up as £250k after a couple of years
  • I see that Sochaux have reported Newcastle to FIFA for making illegal approach to Modibo Maïga.

If we've reported them and Sochaux have as well surely something has got to be done. I would love to see some sort of points deduction, won't hold my breath though.
  • Yeah, best you don't really.
  • Sponsored links:

•  
    Hope it works as I can't imagine that 5 full time keepers on a league 1 wage bill isn't doing any good.
    Understand your concerns but I doubt the two youngsters are on very much at this stage.
  • Yeah, best you don't really.
    Either hold yours or get some mints!
  • It is a bit over the top accusing Chrissy of being a liar- quite possible that the club didn't tell him of the offer as it was deemed derisury. Also nice to see somebody who has not been a fan of Robbie acknowledging that he is playing well -  refreshing to see as the impression I get is that some on here will never admit that in the same way that the sun seems to shine out of Solly's proverbial turning a decent game into a great game. Don't get me wrong - Solly has done well this season- just not as well as some have said and his error did cost us 2 points on Saturday so amazing so many thought he was MOTM.

If Elliot continues to play as he has been doing I can't understand why anybody should be too keen to see him leave. 

• It wasn't lying really. There was an agreement between the clubs to not disclose the deal. Newcastle leaked it via Pardew saying they had put in an offer, Powell responding by saying there was no offer thereby sticking to our end of the deal. Had he acknowledged the offer he would have broken the agreement and we wouldn't be able to report Newcastle to premier league.
  • edited August 2011
    Newcastle get raped in the press for months on end over Mike Ashley, Andy Carroll and the missing £35M, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton etc and decide to play billy big balls with smaller clubs to put some positive PR out that they are still trying to be active. No real surprise I suppose.
  • Don't think this would've happen if they had tabled a bigger bid.
    We'd be packing his bags if they came in with something like 2 million, wouldn't even think about reporting them.
  • That would be a price we'd be happy to sell for, what they're trying to do is unsettle the player and get him on the cheap!
  • Good news in some ways but does make you wonder if we are whiter than white here when bidding for players - not saying we are not, just saying that the reason most clubs don't report others is because everyone is at it.
  • Jiminez must feel a little awkward right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Newcastle losing at Scunthorpe!     ....... shame
  • going to make it harder to get a deal done now unless they up their bid if we drop the complaint but then that would make us look really stupid
  • Hope we get Newcastle at home in the Carling Cup 3rd round , i would like to 'thank' Mr Pardew for what he achieved at Charlton.
  • Reported on SKY in post-match that it emerged during the game that a complaint was made by us to the PL re. the illegal approach for Elliot.

They must have been scouring the wires pre-kick off for that. Hmmm.
  • Pardew quote: "I'm surprised by that and we'll have to deal with it in a proper manner. I suppose we'll be involving lawyers and whatever it takes."
  • I think it means Robbie won't be going there!
  • I don't think Robbie is going anywhere tbh
  • All in all I think this has become a bit of a dogs dinner. We are a third tier club with the distinct possibility of starting the season with three senior keepers which quite frankly is money we can't afford and could be spent more efficiently. In addition to this how on earth do we keep them all happy. One needs to go but it looks very much like that won't happen.
  • Sullivan must be fed up with all this, he didn't sign to be third choice. I do like Robbie but really hope someone comes in with a bid of around the 250k mark
  • The point that everybody seems to miss is that Robbie doesn't need to leave in this window- he holds the aces and surely any move he agrees to would need to leave him with a decent opportunity for first team football. If I was him, I'd be happy to have a blindings season and see what happens next summer - including Charlton agreeing nice terms. As for 3 keepers - well its the challenge to get yourself in the team - that is always a positive IMO. Financially, I agree the club would prefer adifferent solution but they didn't have to reject Newcastle's offer so can't imagine we are finanacially desperate.