Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• The one thing  that we've learnt out of all of this is that Pardew remains a twat.
  • IMO why should we play Robbie? If he cant agree a new contract with us why should we keep playing him so he can put himself in the shop window for a freebie next summer? We risk pissing off the other 2 keepers who have signed a contract with us,both more than capable in this league. Drop Robbie and play one of the others who are here for the long term!
  • Robbie is a Charlton player and is under contract so it should be up to Powell to decide who he picks. But the decision should always be a football one, which it currently is. Lots of players are in the last year of their contracts across the leagues - some, including Robbie could still extend.
  • The one thing  that we've learnt out of all of this is that Pardew remains a twat.

THIS!

THIS!
    THIS THIS!

THIS!
    THIS THIS!

THIS THIS THIS!
  • edited August 2011
    The one thing  that we've learnt out of all of this is that Pardew remains a twat.

THIS!
    THIS THIS!

THIS THIS THIS!
    THIS THIS THIS THIS!
  • THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
  • All in all I think this has become a bit of a dogs dinner. We are a third tier club with the distinct possibility of starting the season with three senior keepers which quite frankly is money we can't afford and could be spent more efficiently. In addition to this how on earth do we keep them all happy. One needs to go but it looks very much like that won't happen.
    Just because we don't know whats going on , doesn't mean the board haven't got a plan , they just don't want to go public on it , personally i love it when a plan comes together!

Perhaps that why CP wants it played at the Valley ;0
  • edited August 2011
    Well there's not too long for the plan to come together is there ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you think Robbie will Stay -  or go before the Transfer window closes people? 
  • Do you think Robbie will Stay -  or go before the Transfer window closes people? 

Stay.
  • Its obvious Robbie is after a better contract to what has been offered here which is fair enough as i'd probably do the same in his position.

Problem is he has started the last two seasons well but finished v.poorly (injured or loss of form apart from Bournemouth game), not wage rise material.

Good goalkeeper for sure but not worth busting a gut over when we have other good options.
  • I think what will happen is Elliot will stay and him and Hamer will fight it out leaving Sullivan to go out on loan.
  • Hamer was a bit of a panic signing I reckon. Powell didn't want to be left with 1 senior keeper in Sullivan. Now he has three pros that don't look like going anywhere so he has a problem. I don't see how all three of them will remain happy and Sullivan said that he came here to play. He left Millwall because he was 3rd choice. Looks like he will be third choice here as well. 
  • edited August 2011
    But there is always a club with a need of a decent loan keeper and that is one potential headache less for Powell now we are well covered in that area.
  • Think Robbie will go and maybe not to Newcastle either
  • edited August 2011
    I'd be sad to see him go.... but the more I think about it the more I think it's a bit of PR to flush any potential bidders out the woodwork.  We all know how Pardew is a modern day football Doolitlle talking to the journo's, and dissmenating Ashley/Club's MO.  Along with that we know there's some connections between the businessmen of both clubs.

Get a bit of attention, if you get a decent offer then all well and good.  If you don't, what's Elliot's options next season?  Could persuade him to re-think his contract negotiations.  And let's face it whatever contract he's on it should be league one, and only getting near champ if and when we get promoted.
  • Right! Can't get the bloody search on here to find me a thread about John Sullivan - does it work at all?

Anyway, in my new job, one of my co-workers spotted me looking at a CAFC story on the BBC website and said he used to play with John Sullivan and scored a hat-trick past him when they were both about 15. He also said that Sullivan was way better than everyone else at the time and he's not surprised to see him at Charlton. I asked him if he was going to try out for us and he said he started off as a striker but got slower and slower and ended up as a centre back, but was too slow for that at any decent level, so now he's in IT like me.
  • Both Hamer and Sullivan have tweeted that they're in Bury...surely that must mean Elliot is not in the squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Both Hamer and Sullivan have tweeted that they're in Bury...surely that must mean Elliot is not in the squad?
    I doubt it. May as well take all 3 along while we have them incase of any sudden injuries
  • Mambo tweeted the same thing, is it possible that Powell has taken about 20 guys up to Bury, or are people like Doherty, Benson and Elliot all missing?
  • One match preview I read said Doc and Benson would be missing this weekend.
  • Elliot tweeted he is off for a haircut so could still be down south. Let's cash in I say guys
  • Elliot isn't in the squad

• Robert Elliot@the_dilshRobert Elliot
    Can people keep me updated with the score today please!!
  • No BWP either

• ok if we can win without bwp in mid week we can hopefully do it in league!!
  • What's the story with BWP - nothing too serious I hope.
  • so Hayes and Euell up top, no striker on the bench. Great.