Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• and on the piss over the weekend !!
  • Best of luck Robbie. He'll be earning a decent wedge up there no doubt.

Let's see how good Hamer is now (was impressed with him vs Reading)
  • Good luck Robbie.
  • Going to the Premiership to be a 3rd Choice goalkeeper instead of playing week in week out. Dont see how he's going to progress. Unless he goes on-loan.
  • For F**K sake raging to see him to go....!!!
  • Does anyone else find it to be just a bit more that a coincidence that Mr Henry Irving is one of Robbies biggest supporters on here, vanishes from the face of the earth whilst all this transfer speculation is going on and the day he returns is the very same day it's announced that he's off to Newcastle?

I have therefore put two and two together and broke my calculator, which leaves me with the answer that Henry is Robbie's agent.

Won't believe it until i see it on the OS though...........................
  • Looks like Robbie is going, best of luck son. Watch out for those Geordie doughnuts ! Good luck with that pleasant, self effacing Manager.
  • Going to the Premiership to be a 3rd Choice goalkeeper instead of playing week in week out. Dont see how he's going to progress. Unless he goes on-loan.
    Harper is 36, has fallen out with Pardew, is injury prone. Krul is'nt that good so can see Robbie giving him a good run for the number one shirt imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I'm honest. I'm really not that bothered. Don't think he was going to be number 1 here. I'm sure hamer will be a great keeper for us
  • champagne on ice at casa oohaah
  • Well some wil be happy on here - I think he is our best keeper so am not so happy. Hamer and Sullivan are not shoddy though so we will be alright although I am concerned about Hamer's command of the box and not sure he is above Sullivan. Early days though and won't write him of.
  • I thought Krul had a great game for them on Sunday.........MOTD showed at least 3 great saves he made.
  • I know Pardew is a tool, but would Newcastle really put in a 100k bid if they were serious about Robbie being number 1.
  • Sometimes you've got to be Krul to be kind.
  • I thought Krul had a great game for them on Sunday.........MOTD showed at least 3 great saves he made.
    Well, they were instinctive reaction saves that were fired straight at him. Nothing you don't see at every level...................just typical Premierhype football. Every save and every shot are the best we've ever seen....
    To be fair the same was said about Jenkinson.

No, Jenks was, and still is rubbish in goal.
    To be fair the same was said about Jenkinson.

• All the best Robbie.

Hamer time!
  • Sponsored links:

• all the best, not gutted in the slightest he's going though really.
  • No big loss in my eyes.Wish him well. Think a few on here are suffering from the same symptoms that told them Semedo/Racon were good.

I guess that's what happens when you've been served up the kind of dross we've seen in the past few seasons.
  • Wouldn't sign a contract and engineered a move which is his right. Good luck and bye.
  • Good luck to him, let's hope there isn't a body fat test as part of the medical
  • Semedo and Racon were good - Just we have improved the squad without them - and if Elliot had flapped at crosses and let in the free kick on Saturday - a few would have slughtered him on here. We all have our views (they are not symptoms of anything).
  • DJ UK SPORT: Newcastle Close On Keeper

(SKY SPORTS)--Newcastle United are set to conclude a deal for Charlton goalkeeper Rob Elliot.

Full Story http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7138596,00.html

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

August 30, 2011 07:24 ET (11:24 GMT)

• Good luck Robbie, time for us to move on too though and get behind Hamer now!
  • Good luck Robbie , see you next season ;0
  • the emperors new clothes being sold

shock horror pardew is buying them

good luck robbie 
  • the emperors new clothes being sold

shock horror pardew is buying them

good luck robbie 

This.