Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• Good Luck Robbie, shame we will never know the ins and outs (unless someone buys P***** a drink, or throttles him)
  • Following the departure of Fraser Forster on loan to Celtic, the arrival of Elliot will strengthen the goalkeeping department at St. James' Park, and he said: "I am looking forward to the challenge of joining a club like Newcastle United."This is a huge club and a huge opportunity for me to learn from two of the best keepers in the division."Magpies manager Pardew added: "The goalkeeping position is one we felt we needed to strengthen. Rob is an excellent keeper who I have worked with before, and I know he will be a good signing for the Club."
  • Bizarre, but good luck to him.

• Mick Collins view on Twitter makes interesting reading.
  • Thanks for everything Robbie. Hope you got a good deal out of it.

Hamer and Sullivan, over to you!
  • Nice haircut and it looks like he's got a hangover
  • good luck robbie best wishes
  • Good luck Robbie.
  • Sponsored links:

• But all joking aside good luck to him
  • Sorry guys but couldn't help but laugh at the line underneath the picture

'this image has been resized to fit in the page'
  • Rob Elliot

Says it all really, this picture has been resized to fit on the page.
  • Mick Collins view on Twitter makes interesting reading.
    care to repeat it here ?
  • Beat you to it MIA. Sorry ;)
  • @MickPCollinsGiven how hard he was running around trying to make this transfer happen, how did Elliot stay so fat? He treated the fans as idiots. #cafc
  • Interesting, didn't someone say Mick posted something along the lines of no disruptive influences on the Bury coach?
  • Think he could turn out to be a top keeper- still one of us and wish him all the best. Anybody slagging him off is out of order.
  • Best of luck to him.
  • This undisclosed fee stuff is all so much bollox.
    A new hero for the torso-baring fat bastard Geordie fan(s). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think he could turn out to be a top keeper- still one of us and wish him all the best. Anybody slagging him off is out of order.
    agree. Good luck Robbie.
  • Yea, good luck Robbie. I really liked having a fan in the team, so I'll miss you.
  • The biggest worry is that when we stuff Wednesday who will do the tunnel celebration stuff now Robbie has buggered off and Powell tries to act all managerial?
  • Fair play to Robbie , a 5 year contract , no wonder he could afford to throw his gloves in the crowd , it will be interesting to see how many games he plays this season , even if he doesn't play a game he's laughing all the way to the bank.I guess the lure of the Premiership and playing for Pardew was too much. 
  • Congratulations to the soon to be a millionaire Robbie Elliot.
  • Any idea how much we got for him?
  • Badge kissing money grabber, at least Parker was honest
  • Good business by the board but if he has been talking to Newcastle without permission prior to this move then I have no respect for him at all. Onwards and upwards!
  • Very patient with me once when I couldn't work camera on me phone - he just waited and chatted to my two young lads no problem until I'd figured it out! 

Needs to inspire more confidence with crosses and shout at the back 4 more for me, but his shot stopping was sublime at times.

• I wonder if he will join the long line of Newcastle players getting into trouble after being beered up in toon. Hope not, good luck Robbie, keep your nose clean.