Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• Good move, especially if we got the 250k someone mentioned.

We have Hamer and Sullivan, we're fine in the GK area.

Thanks for everything Rob!
  • My abiding memory will be that last ten minutes at Bournemouth last season when we were buckling under pressure and Rob made a succession of unbelievable saves to give us a 2-2 draw his coleagues didn't deserve.

Good luck Rob.

• 2,340,000 is the figure he will earn overall in 5 years. 
    ALRIGHT FOR SOME. 

£9k pw is an obsene amount to be earning for 3rd choice keeper.

lol @ Pardew

• Baffles me why some of our supporters can't wait to put the boot into our own youth products all the time, often based on obviously poor grade tittle tattle.  I wonder is some punters believe literally everything they hear.  Watching Independence Day must be harrowing for some posters on here.

Good servant to the club and brought in a bit of revenue, while improving his position.  Win win.

• edited August 2011
    Bore off McLovin you fecking hippie.
  • With everyone going mad quoting Twitter, I can't believe you've all missed the most important one from The Dlish (AKA Robbie), "@bwp10 I got so drunk last night I actually thought a tube of toothpaste was astronaut food!!!"
  • With everyone going mad quoting Twitter, I can't believe you've all missed the most important one from The Dlish (AKA Robbie), "@bwp10 I got so drunk last night I actually thought a tube of toothpaste was astronaut food!!!"
    They haven't.  Some took this as evidence of Robbie wayward nature and proof that he was a fat drunk.

Other's realised it was a quote from a film and therefore a joke.
  • edited August 2011
    Carly Burn asked:

Any idea how much we got for him?
    £300k plus add-ons based on number of first-team appearances.

V good piece of business and what a joke  Pardew's ''first and final offer'' turned out to be...
  • Here's a thought. Robbie is a boyhood Charlton fan, and has obviously loved playing for the club he supports. As he has gone off to a Prem club, he'll be able to train with some of the best, and may even get a game or two - more likely in the Premier reserve league.

For his career it's great, especially being on such a long term deal........ But.......

If the club do get promotion back to the prem, in the next few years, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to come back. Hopefully by then he'll be a much better keeper. Just a thought.
  • Good Luck Robbie.
  • Sponsored links:

• why the anomosity, he has gone , good luck to him he tried his best imo, he cared when we lost he cared when we won,

my opinion is he wont get any better than he is now so whats the big deal,

we are moving on, we now only have Jacko, waggs and solly in our starting 11 ( i think) left of the shite dross that we had under previous managers, and that to me has to be a good thing

move on folks it aint like we have lost a talisman player

• What NLA said!
  • Also what NLA said.

• In the 'ins n outs' bit at the backpage of the sun elliot isnt in the ins bit for newcastle
  • He'll probably be called up for England soon the rate they're running out of Goalkeepers.
  • He'll probably be called up for England soon the rate they're running out of Goalkeepers.
    He's Irish in football terms having played for their U21s (I think) but don't suppose that would stop him or the FA picking him. 

Not that that is very likely.
  • I think it was Darren Randolph who played for the Irish U21's
  • Agreed, willieduff - don't ever remember Robbie playing for Ireland.
  • Played one game for their U19 team
  • Both he and Randy played for ROI. Always found this strange and wonder if it was an infiltration by the paddy's top uncover guy, agent Kiely.............hmmm
  • Sponsored links:

• was a good keeper for us for league one, can we do better sure could we have done worse - er thats why he was in the team, nicky weaver anyone??!!

Hope he does well, needs to work on a few area's but the end of the day there won't be many keepers his age with his first team expereince so you'd think aslong as he applies himself he will turn out to be a good solid keeper, maybe not prem standard atm but possibly in a few years.

• Weaver was a better keeper
  • Both he and Randy played for ROI. Always found this strange and wonder if it was an infiltration by the paddy's top uncover guy, agent Kiely.............hmmm

Always seen this as a lack of ambiton when English players do this. No disrespect to any of the national teams meant and even though England are nowhere near world class they are still light years ahead of the likes of Scotland, ROI, Wales etc.

I would qualify to also play for Ireland and Poland (if you ignore the fact im shite at football) but cant imagine playing for either of them over England where I was born and have spent most my life.
  • the_dilsh Robert Elliot Right 1st and last statement on this matter!! I agreed to take a wage cut but could not agree!!so none of this money grabbing stuff please!!

• the_dilsh Robert Elliot Right 1st and last statement on this matter!! I agreed to take a wage cut but could not agree!!so none of this money grabbing stuff please!!

He's hardly likely to tweet I asked for 10k and they wouldn't pay so I buggered off elsewhere to get it is he?!?
  • The thing to do is just not tweet anything.
  • Do you think he took a pay cut to go to Newcastle? Did he ****
    I think he meant he offered to take a paycut at ours.
    I think he meant he offered to take a paycut at ours.
    Oh I know that, just think Rob should just shut up and move on.

He's hardly likely to tweet I asked for 10k and they wouldn't pay so I buggered off elsewhere to get it is he?!?
    So it's £10k now.  Thought it was £8k. 

Two sides to every story, so far we've only heard the Clubs via rumours and tweets.  Now we've heard Robbie's direct from him.  People will decide which they believe more.

In reality is doesn't really matter now.  Far from Robbie's agent having had "his bluff called" it seems he played a very good game of poker for his client.   Robbie is at a Premier League Club.  He may be only third choice for now but you and a few others thought he should be third choice at Charlton so a good move for him. 

And Charlton got a fee for an asset that could have left on a free next summer just as Powell said might happen back in May.