Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• Pardew and his 5 year deals
  • If his first year's money has been cut from £12 to £9k then that's about £150K - maybe we settled at £250K? Just a simplistic guess
  • Fantastic deal for Robbie. I hope he gets his opportunity in the Prem and makes the grade. More inspiration for our Academy kids. I like the look of young Gough and hope he makes the cut as well.
    Thanks for the saves and memories Robbie!
  • Gone on one year loan deal

• Loan?Robbie?.
  • When he tweeted about thinking toothpaste was astronaught food everyone thought it was due to drink, it was probably him getting ready to be a thick northerner
  • When he tweeted about thinking toothpaste was astronaught food everyone thought it was due to drink, it was probably him getting ready to be a thick northerner
    It's a quote from Anchorman.
  • Still would have paid if he's gone on loan, so it's a good way to hide the number for Newcastle
  • can't see Robbie accepting a loan move. Ok we could still be getting a 200k plus fee but would Robbie really accept a loan ?
  • I'm waiting for fuller facts to emerge
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of confusion here I think - someone mentioned Conor Gough in an earlier post and it was pointed out that he was on loan............not Rob.
  • Newcastle used to have Shay Given as their goalkeeper - and now they might have Robbie Elliott.  Bet they're chuffed.
  • Seeing as we know little about the fee maybe someone is coming in the other way? Nile Ranger? Sammy Ameobi?
  • edited August 2011
    Chuffed ....they have also had Robson and Keegan as managers now look what they have had .....a bit of Dowie and a lot of Pardew -- they like our unwanted ...................deal done according to twitter
    It's a quote from Anchorman.
    bum should have remembered that as I have seen it on more than one occasion, I shall now relocate north of the Watford Gap
  • Seeing as we know little about the fee maybe someone is coming in the other way? Nile Ranger? Sammy Ameobi?
    I'd be happy with Ranger or Ameobi, but they would probably have to be first choice in League 1. Considering Ranger was playing first team for them last term. Would scare defenders in this league with pace. 
    I'd be happy with Ranger or Ameobi, but they would probably have to be first choice in League 1. Considering Ranger was playing first team for them last term. Would scare defenders in this league with pace. 

I don't know about scaring defenders, I think most of the local shop keepers would be scared if we signed Nile Ranger.

Allegedly.

• Where on twitter?.
  • edited August 2011
    Where on twitter?.
    type in rob elliot
  • Sponsored links:

• As much as I like Robbie, oh dear if we were paying him 4 and a half grand.  Good luck to him for earning a wage rise, but I suspect the three keepers we signed will not be far more than that in wages together.

One would hope the offer is more than 250,000 with add ons.  No doubt we've got plenty of clauses such as % future profit.
  • Crickey Sky Sports still reporting Robbies having his medical at Newcastle, what are they doing , taking his intestines out?
  • Only way to get him to the right weight
  • Crickey Sky Sports still reporting Robbies having his medical at Newcastle, what are they doing , taking his intestines out?
    Well, according to some on here, he's already gutless amongst everything else.

He's just being held in the medical room to keep him out of the way whilst Pards works on his girlfriend..................allegedly
  • all confirmed. all the best robbie.
  • WOW!

5 years?

Thats a great contract for Robbie. Good luck to him.

Hamer time.

• @CAFCofficial: The transfer of goalkeeper Rob Elliot to Premier League side Newcastle United has been completed for an undisclosed fee (MW) #cafc
  • @CAFCofficialCharlton Athletic FCThe transfer of goalkeeper Rob Elliot to Premier League side Newcastle United has been completed for an undisclosed fee (MW) #cafc
  • Praise be.

TTFN.