Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
And the reds go marching on !!

Cracking win in what sounded a tight game. All those below us won so they once again got that sinking feeling after asking 'how did Charlton get on ?'

Look forward to hearing the views of those at the game.

Comments

• Options
    All those below us lost
    eh?
  • Options

Natalie Sawyer
    @nataliesawyerNatalie Sawyer
    There are some injustices on a football pitch. @BrentfordFC did not deserve 2 lose today.
  • Options

Phew... another three points ground out. I don't think anyone was expecting anything other than a tight game and we sound as though we edged it relying a bit on luck and perspiration.

Let's hope that Logan's injury is nothing serious.

• Options

Natalie Sawyer
    There are some injustices on a football pitch. @BrentfordFC did not deserve 2 lose today.
    Good. Life's a bitch ain't it Natalie?
  • Options
    Dan they all won

Natalie sawyer who gives 2 poops you lost we won .
  • Options
    Top 5 all won. Only Notts County in the top 6 lost and that's because they were playing Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Seems like Brentford gave us a stern test.

BWP proved that we've got that little extra quality when it matters.

• Options
    On par with the Sheffield United win. This is what champions are made out of. 
  • Options
    Winners win - it doesn't matter how
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    What an amazing away record so far ............ 8 wins and 25 points from only 10 games.

And 19 goals scored in those 10 matches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets hope JJ is ok.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Great result, sounds like a hard game.

Coming up to the smoke with my missus for Hudds game next week..

• Options
    great win against a bogey side .. Huddersfield's unbeaten run is coming to an end come monday week
  • Options

Cracking game going by the updates on the match thread. 6 wins on the trot now and sounds like we defended brillianlty again. Well done to Cp and the lads. Bring on the Hudds.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    The target for a promotion is said to be able to average 2 points per game.

Well, 18 games played means we're 7 points/games ahead of schedule.
  • Options
    I thought we would get.a draw today nil nil , that is 2 bonus points for me, and another kick in the teeth for the teams following us , they might not admit it but I know they would hqve expected us to drop points there today
  • Options
    6 games and 6 wins since the loss to Stevenage, 20 goals, 4 clean sheets, 3 against. Smells like team spirit.
  • Options

anybody with an update on JJ?

• Options

Natalie Sawyer
    Oh piss off Sawyer. We've had some dreadful performances against us over the last 2 seasons, teams parking the bus time wasting, last min winners / equalisers, this is a season where i couldn't give a flying f*ck how we win or who it may annoy during the way, champions win ugly, champions annoy people, champions win playing badly. We haven't shown any of that this season so far, but against our temporary bogey team i'm happy to deploy any tactics it takes for 3 points. If we are going to be champions/promoted wins like this are vital, and personally having been to Griffin Park the last two years and watched absolute shite from us, i'm more than happy to read the frustrated views of people against us. 

COME YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!

• Options
    edited November 2011

Almost 14 minutes of time added on, what was that all about?

They had three corners and two shots on target in the last five minutes, but we held on. Great win in a potential banana skin game.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amended, all too exciting for me
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    third place Sheff Wed are on 2 points a game - would have to look at last few seasons at this point and final table to see what the target should be but I'm thinking 92 points plus a few to make sure

did the game really go on 5 minutes longer than every other game today or was that the sky sports app trying to wind me up as we held on 1-0?
  • Options
    First thing first...are we safe from relegation yet?
  • Options
    Bottom line if you score more goals than the opposition and don't actually cheat you deserve to win.
  • Options
    Natalie Sawyer? Bovvered. One for the would ya thread though.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    third place Sheff Wed are on 2 points a game - would have to look at last few seasons at this point and final table to see what the target should be but I'm thinking 92 points plus a few to make sure

did the game really go on 5 minutes longer than every other game today or was that the sky sports app trying to wind me up as we held on 1-0?
    One of their players unconscious and stretchered off, sadly..hence 10 mins extra
  • Options
    About 12 mins of injury time due to bad injury for bees player

We score very soon after so I get the feeling it did upset the concentration of brentford but we are extremely professional under scp and we don't let it affect us and use it to our benefit
  • Options
    For those who think Morrison is banned, he isn't. It's 5 yellows then a ban. I think he is on 3.
    Danny Green is also on 3. Good to see we have a great disciplinary record aswell. 18 yellows, 0 reds so far. 
  • Options
    One way to look at progress so far is it took Brighton 22 games to reach 43 points last season.
  • Options
    One way to look at progress so far is it took Brighton 22 games to reach 43 points last season.
    And I also think this year's League 1 is stronger than last year.