Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I'm kin smashed
  • Options
    If we can start to get fans of other teams to start to feel like I did with brighton that soon they will fall away and they can't maintain this,

and then everytime they bloody continued getting wins and draws where I thought they wouldn't I started to believe we were playing for 1 spot or play offs

I firmly believe that Footballers do the same and in big games they start to play not to win but not to lose
  • Options
    If we can start to get fans of other teams to start to feel like I did with brighton that soon they will fall away and they can't maintain this,

and then everytime they bloody continued getting wins and draws where I thought they wouldn't I started to believe we were playing for 1 spot or play offs

I firmly believe that Footballers do the same and in big games they start to play not to win but not to lose
    Yeah that's true. I thought Brighton would fall away aswell and they kept on winning or grinding out results. 
    As far as I have gathered people are still writing us off which is good because we can play without pressure and with freedom. 
    I think part of the reason we are where we are, is because we have relatively young players who are also trying to make a name for themselves. 

Although, as a Charlton fan I am getting carried away with our start, but there is still 28 games to go. However, I feel Powelly has definitely built a team for the future. Some have the potential to be decent Prem players imo. 
  • Options
    A hard nut cracked and good practice for the tough game against Hudds
    COYR
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    "And they have that bit of extra quality up front with a player who cost them £1m"

It was reportedly £150 k wasn't it?

By the way recently heard from reliable Argyle source that they actually got even less than that.

• Options

Was at the game............

Probably our worst performance of the season - a few players not at their best with Hughes,and Green (1st half) being the main culprits. We should have been 2 down at half time but good teams always seem to have the luck with them & today was one of those days. We scored with about our first real effort and had enough about us to see us home  - last season we would have lost this one.

Can't wait for Monday week - just hope we can show the TV audiance why we are top,

• Options
    From listening to the radio it seemed as if we had a fair few chances following our goal, is that right? 
  • Options
    I'm not saying we're any where near brung champions yet but this is the kind of maybe undeserved win that league winners grind out.

Green had his best game yet, Morrisons bit of skill in the 1st half was ridiculous to do 3 players.

Great day out and nice to see Dyer turn up 60 mins in.
  • Options
    "And they have that bit of extra quality up front with a player who cost them £1m"

By the way recently heard from reliable Argyle source that they actually got even less than that.

Plymouth FM researcher told me he found out it was just £125k.
  • Options

Plymouth FM researcher told me he found out it was just £125k.
    Biggest bargain in years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BTW RM, did you have to suffer Emma today? the Brentford commentary was first class, and an example as to how it should be done.
    Credit where credit's due - she did better today. Nevertheless I also turned over to the Brentford commentary as it was still not what a commentary should be.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Team adapted well and ground out a win which is what you have to do to get out of this league. Defence stood strong and Hamer was my man of the match couple of one on one saves in both halves to secure the points. Great build up for the goal and fantastic awarenes by BWP (so my son tells me) the best goals to games striker in the clubs history. AND THE REDS GO MARCHING ON. Bring on Uddersfield!
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind a sandwich between Morrison and Taylor. Immense.

Was it Taylor that got booked for the melee at the end? Team spirit. We got it in bundles.

Danny green is a cracker of a player.
  • Options
    3 points away from home against our bogey side!

Next up stuff Huddersfield and watch Claridge squirm!

Mind you we are better when the media ignore us.
  • Options
    The mark of a good team is to play badly and still win. 
    HELLO!
  • Options
    was it good atmosphere from the cafc fans today?
  • Options
    We were second best in the first half and fortunate to go in level. They were clearly up for it and are a big, powerful and athletic team who will give anyone trouble at this level. We were better in the second half and, despite much huffing and puffing on Brentford's part, we never really looked like conceding and limited them to a couple of half chances and goalmouth scrambles. We  looked more dangerous than them and the one bit of real class on the day won it for us.

Morrison was excellent and Hamer also looked very sound today. BWP was sharp and extremely menacing once we started to get the ball into him.

Overall, not a thing of great beauty but our tough and streetwise team ground out another tremendous 3 points. There is no reason why we can't go into the New Year with over 50 points on the board, which would be a tremendous achievement. We'll also then have 13 of our last 23 games at home. 
  • Options

I didnt feel that todays result was by any means a smash and grab. Brentford werent tearing us apart and didnt look like a threat from set pieces. we created the best chance of the game and took it. Also the ref missed the most blatant handball in the penalty box so we should have had a penalty too.

We had plenty of games last year where we were the more pressing team at home and the opposition nicked a win by taking their chances. Brentford was one of them.

Rosler can come out with his usual rubbish. Like him less with each game. He came out with a game plan and it failed. Alexander was kept quiet, Saunders was anonymous and the only time they stretched us was the ball into the corners for their pacier players to chase. They were organised but they didnt play football. I imagine Tranmere away will be almost identical to this game.

• Options
    JTJT
    edited November 2011
    I actually prefer away games to home at the moment in terms of 3 points
  • Options
    It sounds like Green played well. Apparantly he has a long throw too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Top result against our 'bogey team'.

60% of our fans were brilliant today, Nearly had a row with one of our fans today who was pising me off...Non stop.Monkey noises, Shouts of ni##er loads at there forwards and everythingelse, Then the twat started singing 'Always look out for Turks carrying knives' and 'Tenerife Hooligans' !!??, In the end someone near him told him to shut up and he moved, Probably the same group trying to kick off with the 14 year old Brentford fans who were throwing stuff back and forth to our platform. The exact same thing happened at the jpt game with them last year with the station thing.

About the game, Thought Hamer done very well and looked assured at catching everything and was probably Man of the match. Also one last mention to Morrisons bit of skill in the first half..Was straight out of Ronaldos books, Not a league 1 Centrre half.

• Options

60% of our fans were brilliant today, Nearly had a row with one of our fans today who was pising me off...Non stop.Monkey noises, Shouts of ni##er loads at there forwards and everythingelse, Then the twat started singing 'Always look out for Turks carrying knives' and 'Tenerife Hooligans' !!??, In the end someone near him told him to shut up and he moved, Probably the same group trying to kick off with the 14 year old Brentford fans who were throwing stuff back and forth to our platform. The exact same thing happened at the jpt game with them last year with the station thing.

About the game, Thought Hamer done very well and looked assured at catching everything and was probably Man of the match. Also one last mention to Morrisons bit of skill in the first half..Was straight out of Ronaldos books, Not a league 1 Centrre half.

Good shout SE10........yes I'd forgotten about that magical Morrison moment.

Now something like that should have been shown in The TV footage last night..........let's hope Charltonplayer picks up on it.

• Options

Find it hard to believe that some of our fans are shouting 'n*****' - it's like we've gone back to the 70s.The club needs to get rid of this element ..................

• Options
    Its been getting wose for ages. I commented on here ages ago about the new breed of idiots that follow us and I got shouted down. It genuinely shames me to have heard it yesterday, and believe me i'm no woolly, lefty, tree hugger who's obsessed with human rights and stuff like that. I'll keep following Charlton but i'm taking my girlfriend to her first away game on New Years eve to Orient and i'm now in two minds whether to take her as she see's us a decent club.
  • Options
    So what are we going to do about it?

Sit online and complain about it or actively do something about it?

We need to give these people over to those in charge of our club and let them deal with them, actively help them uphold the standards of our club.
    Does anyone on here know those that are doing it? If you don't know them can you point them out?

• Options

My first game of the season and hopefully put the kiss of death to bed eh Dan?

Thoroughly professional Charlton performance at a very tight ground. The unity of the players and management at the end was there for all to see, they seemed to enjoy the fans and were quite humble and it was heart warming to see them react so well to the fans......a far cry from the abuse at D&R last season. Charlton remind me of that 2003 England Rugby side, who quietly went about their business and took the rugby world apart.....no real superstars just a very well connected and committed team effort. Stand out performances for me today was Morrison who I think was immense, and Id hate to play against Kermongant, the man was all over the pitch chasing seemingly lost causes...flashes of just what a player Wiggins is in this division too. I had a great day with wonderful company and it was brillain catching up with all the old faces...and some new. Thanks for a great day, its going to make it much harder to leave again on the 4th.

• Options
    Yesterday we played against an energetic team playing in front its biggest home crowd of the season and on a tight pitch so our usual gameplay was always going to get frustrated...those who thought we were outplayed and lucky to have won against the run of play are missing the point that our players always looked like they were a class above the opposition..I suspect that if brentford had gone ahead we would have stepped up our game accordingly and hit 3 or 4 in reply...brentford only had one gameplay and that was to knock it down the right hand side of the pitch for one of their players to chase...
  • Options

We need to give these people over to those in charge of our club and let them deal with them, actively help them uphold the standards of our club.

Does anyone on here know those that are doing it? If you don't know them can you point them out?

One of them was told to shut up (Not that polite) and subsequently moved. Anyway brilliant result..Dosn't need to be overshadowed.
  • Options

I'd happily point them out to the club if I knew who they were. I take my girlfriend who is black to the odd away game and I dread having to listen to this stuff - not really sure why it's re-surfaced.

• Options
    Excellent win yesterday, and the sort of result you have to grind out if we want to go up.

Green was great yesterday, though the male and female behind us in the seats could not stop slagging him off. When it was mentioned that he did make the goal, the comment was " yeah but what else he done". They were christened Waggy's relations after that.