Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    It's strange ....... but using Will's link, I was straight in.

But going through the OS home page, I could only get the pre-match lineup article.
    Anyway, apolgies to the OS crew.

I think I need a drink ........!
  • Options
    Probably getting s cached page Oggy.
  • Options
    Great result today about time we beat brentford - bring on huddersfield
  • Options
    carrier pigeon
  • Options
    First away game I have actually arrived at this season, poor first half and felt we were fortunate not to concede a couple, but thats the joy of this division rubbish strikers/  Brentford hit the bar and the re bound should have been hit home.  It does show the journey we have come on as I am sure we would have lost this by a couple in the previous seasons.  Morrison my MoTM and the season so far, glad he is not banned for Hudds.  Second half thought we cope well without being abe to create too much.  Our crowd were good singing throughout and no Lisbie song well done.

For those not able to attend away games at the end of the game the plyers met as a group and applauded the away fans a nice gesture in this day of cynical mercenaries.

I know I am not supposed to care but Big Mig played well.

Only negative was the injury to their player,had their med team our physio and Doc and the St John Ambulance Brigade.  Hope he is ok
  • Options

Not a classic but one we would have lost last year. Brentford harried and chased us but we scored in one of our few periods on top. Jackson worked very hard and BWP was worrying their defenders all game. Green had his best game for us whilst Wiggins and Yann were below par. Morrison was my man of the match and he needed to be, he had lots to do.

• Options

"Only negative was the injury to their player,had their med team our physio and Doc and the St John Ambulance Brigade. Hope he is ok"

I second this. It looked awful. He looked like he was having a fit. I've looked online and there's no mention of it, so no news is good news I hope

• Options
    Brentford forum seems to be suggesting he's ok.
  • Options
    Great win, great atmosphere as well. Uwse Rowsler doesnt seem to know what he's on about...said we won because we paid 1mill for a striker, pretty sure he cost us less than £200,00
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well he is worth well over a million so you can forgive him his mistake.
  • Options

"Only negative was the injury to their player,had their med team our physio and Doc and the St John Ambulance Brigade. Hope he is ok"

I second this. It looked awful. He looked like he was having a fit. I've looked online and there's no mention of it, so no news is good news I hope

Rossler says he is at hospital for checks.
  • Options
    Not pretty, but a great cross for BWP,s goal. Just happy to see a win, I think the last one I saw was "Dennis in the last minute" at Selhurst! Thanks to JT and Richard for thinking of us!
  • Options
    First away game I have actually arrived at this season, poor first half and felt we were fortunate not to concede a couple, but thats the joy of this division rubbish strikers/  Brentford hit the bar and the re bound should have been hit home.  It does show the journey we have come on as I am sure we would have lost this by a couple in the previous seasons.  Morrison my MoTM and the season so far, glad he is not banned for Hudds.  Second half thought we cope well without being abe to create too much.  Our crowd were good singing throughout and no Lisbie song well done.

For those not able to attend away games at the end of the game the plyers met as a group and applauded the away fans a nice gesture in this day of cynical mercenaries.

I know I am not supposed to care but Big Mig played well.

Only negative was the injury to their player,had their med team our physio and Doc and the St John Ambulance Brigade.  Hope he is ok

Pleased to hear you made the game, Kap.

The players always applaud the fans at away games but usually as each is walking off the pitch. Today, Sir Keith Peacock ran onto the pitch after the final whistle and did a good job of rounding up the lads so that their thanks were given as a group. Well appreciated  as always.

Nervous about next Monday night but excited too IYKWIM. Can we really curtail their fantastic run in front of the watching millions ?

I for one think we can.

• Options
    edited November 2011

monster result and an adult sized away following , fair play

good to hear Green picking his form up , fingers crossed on Jacko

shame our rivals all won but hey-ho one less game towards the finish line

the fact that brentford are in need of rivals and would look towards us for that is as big a reason as any for us to get away from this tinpot league

anyway 50% autos 50% play off stress

• Options
    We don't want to sound too bigheaded but we all secretly know in our hearts that we are going to finish the Huddersfield run at the Valley don't we?. And when we do we will be 8 points clear!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Rosler seems to be mistaking us for a team of over 30's full of highly expensive forwards.

"I thought we were the better side. but they have a lot of experiece and know how to cancel out games.

"And they have that bit of extra quality up front with a player who cost them £1m"

• Options
    Some interesting stuff on the Brentford forum , apparantly the ball boy who got Wiggins a yellow was taken away by a steward and they are praising us for clapping Logan off of the pitch.
  • Options

are the brentford fans crying like our baby fans who were tear dropping all over the shop when tranmere tried to run the clock down

oh no , when we do it it's professionalism and  good play

cranks

• Options
    Absolutely fantastic today!!!!!!!!!! Brentford are a tough team to beat on their day, and it sounded like it was, but we stick it out until the end, which is one of the most important factors of a promotion side.

Thing is though, I really do hope we get a proper mention tonight on the FL show tonight, other than Clarridge being as per usual and orgasming over Huddersfield's unbeaten run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ooh aah....yes, I was aware of just a litle bit of time wasting...but nothing like we saw from Tranmere and Stevenage..the difference was immense.
  • Options
    Just got back from the game, thought Brentford were unlucky not to get anything from it but another win even when we didn't play particularly well.
  • Options
    It is totally a waste of time judging a team on one performance- the number of points we have gained tells you much more. No team plays brilliant every game and the succesful teams have the quality to grind out a result - we can't win every game by four and this ugly win is very satisfying because it says we can win however we play. That is because the spine of the team is very strong and we have the best striker in League One.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

are the brentford fans crying like our baby fans who were tear dropping all over the shop when tranmere tried to run the clock down

oh no , when we do it it's professionalism and good play

cranks

Bit different when the likes of Tranmere run the clock down in the first half like they did a few weeks back.  

• Options
    Don't undervalue or estimate the size of this win brentford will take points off of most teams in this league they are fit big strong and organised they got a point at Sheffield weds where all others have failed

This was a huge test and we didn't do a smash and grab we competed and took the chance when it came they may well feel aggrieved not to get anything but I still think the 2 chasing us expected us to get a point only

This result is like when norwich got 3 at our place in my opinion
  • Options
    Didn't realise it was our 2,000th Football league away goal today. 
  • Options
    Scrappy game but a wins a win. Before today I thought it would be one of our toughest away games this year and it was. A draw would've been a fair result.

Guarantee Sheff and Hudders saw this game as being a good chance for us to drop points and we didn't which bodes well.
  • Options
    Bla bla bla.....charlton win again....yawn yawn.....But no body has mentioned whether they had a good time on the boat to Kew....;o)
  • Options

F**king yes!!!!!!!! COYR!!!!!!!

I would have taken a point this morning....

• Options
    No matter how great we've been this season, I was still dreading this one so a brilliant result in the end.