Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Green looked class today, him and Bwp always looked like doing something when they got the ball.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Green absolutely. Top man. JJ went over the ball with another of ours (I forget who) and landed on the wooden ledge at the side of the pitch - happily he walked off.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Not a good performance, should have been 1 or 2 down at half time. However Brentford are no mugs and the fact that we can beat them while on the back foot all game shows how good we are. nearly had a heart attack during the 10 MINUTES of added time but I'm so pleased that we held on. The noise on the bottom tier was phenomenal as well!
  • Options
    Jackson is having a scan on his hamstring on Monday. Green was quality today.
  • Options
    How did Hogan do when he came on ?
  • Options
    didn't really do much. Think he only touched the ball a few time, miskicked what could have been a great ball to bwp, so potential there but not really match fit and sharp.
  • Options
    Man is it me or are the Bees the most angry and bitter fans we have played this season?
  • Options
    Interesting to see a Brentford fan has commented on Charlton fans lobbing coins and bottles at the Brentford fans at the station?Any Addicks witness this happening?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Standards dropped considerably today, should have stuffed this pub team 4-0

;-0

No seriously this was a tough tough match , can't believe how many balls were launched at our defence, but they stood strong and took all that was thrown at them, not a great 1st half from a Cafc perspective, but we dug in and nicked it , stand out performances for me were MIchael Morrison and Danny Green they were outstanding! What was Morro doing when he went past 3 men with ball ! Rio in disguise! There was one point in the 1st half in the 1st half when he was playing right wing!

Danny Green was the real deal today , a class act.

At the start of the month I would have been happy with 4 points from Preston, Brentford and Huddersfield, so to have 6 points going into the Huddersfield game is exceptional, I know the Huddersfield game is on Sky but I do hope Charlton fans do turn up in number for our biggest game of the season so far.

Hope Jacko is ok, we would miss him big time if he's out injured, not convinced of Ephram, but keep it in perspective it was only a cameo, I don't know how much football he's played this season.

All in all a cracking result , well done lads! Great to finally see a win at Brentford! Roll on Huddersfield!
  • Options
    Man is it me or are the Bees the most angry and bitter fans we have played this season?
    they're rival-less and need another team to pick on. Spent the game in their end today and have to say, they're not the nicest fans in the world.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
     Just got back, absolutely delighted with the result. First half we were poor with Hughes was having a nightmare. They probaly should have scored (the one that hit the post). Second half we were better, quality ball from Green for the goal. We withstood the pressure and in some ways rode our luck. Couldn't bare the 10 mins of added time but thankfully held out! 

Support was class, quite funny at the train station afterwards. Great away win, COYR!
  • Options
    Interesting to see a Brentford fan has commented on Charlton fans lobbing coins and bottles at the Brentford fans at the station?Any Addicks witness this happening?
    They throw a couple of coins at us but wasn't aware we threw any back. It was all a bit of banter really (the chants).
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We won ugly today. Should have been one down at half time but their No 9 missed an easy header. Apart from dominating for quarter of an hour before half time we battled rather than passed the ball around. Hamer was steady and Kermo worked his socks off. Their fans hated our time wasting and we did over do it. Wiggins unnecessarily booked for fannying around at a throw in. Llera did not look too vulnerable but some of his passes were dodgy. Hard to say who our star man was. probably the centre halves but Hollands had a good game and BWP was in the right spot. Our fans sounded loud from the half-way line. 'Top of the League' and 'Valley Floyd Road' sounded great. 
    Hogan was disappointing. Maybe not match fit but this was not a game for fancy foot-work. Waggy caused them more trouble with his speed when he came on.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yep - around 5.20, London bound pulled in and it started, probably about a dozen or so. Was waiting with Bees fans to get home to Sunbury with my little ' uns. My ten year old got hit on leg (even after I tried to get them to shelter away) by half full plastic bottle - what sort of dicks are they. Brentford fans were fine with us on the train after.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Brilliant result. Not the greatest performance but we learn't even more of the mental strength of the team. 10+ minutes of stoppage time left me emptying my bowels behind the goal, but the defence were nerveless.

By the way, has a goal been celebrated so much this season? It was pretty mental went Kermy scored at Bramall lane, but that was within the boundaries of your seat. Today i was all over the place, never have i experienced so much man-contact ;)

• Options
    By the way, has a goal been celebrated so much this season? It was pretty mental went Kermy scored at Bramall lane, but that was within the boundaries of your seat. Today i was all over the place, never have i experienced so much man-contact ;)
    was incredibly jealous being stuck at the other side of the stadium with die hard brentford supporters seeing everyone going absolutely mental at the other end when we scored.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Very hard won victory. I was with a pal and after about 15 minutes of the first half we both agreed that one goal either way would seal it...........and so it proved.

We defended well again when the need arose and despite plenty of effort they just couldn't create what I'd call a really clear chance.

We won because we are top of the league and that's what happens when you're top.........you win these close fought games oneway or another and on a reasuringly regular basis.

Danny Green had his best game for us today by the way, which is something something you'll no doubt be pleased to hear.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    was incredibly jealous being stuck at the other side of the stadium with die hard brentford supporters seeing everyone going absolutely mental at the other end when we scored.
    Celebration seemed to go on for ever , was great. We had Audley in front of us hampering the little uns view,bit still great . Worked hard for the points today,well done lads
  • Options
    Just from looking at the posts on here it would seem that we had quite a few in their end today.

Another teams fans that don't rate us. Good. Long may that continue.
  • Options
    Yep - around 5.20, London bound pulled in and it started, probably about a dozen or so. Was waiting with Bees fans to get home to Sunbury with my little ' uns. My ten year old got hit on leg (even after I tried to get them to shelter away) by half full plastic bottle - what sort of dicks are they. Brentford fans were fine with us on the train after.

Was getting on that train to London and as it pulled in a fair few coins, bottles and lighters headed over the top of the train towards us.
    Was a bit of it happening from both platforms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we got to the station there were a mob of teenage Brentford fans really giving it. A few of our older faces looked ready to kick off but didnt. 50/50 with the bottle and coin throwing. They were heading in both directions. Moved down the platform and then had a beer can lobbed at us. All the Brentford lot looked very very young. It did kick off near Kew Bridge apparently. Two blokes opposite me on the train to New Eltham were talking about it. One had pretty torn up knuckles and his hand was covered in blood.

Looked like something happened in the main stand as well. Just after Jackson went off.

Not surprised. There were a lot of faces who I havent seen for years there today.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We have had to play Sheff Utd, MK Dons, Notts County and Brentfford away - that leaves only 2 or 3 really tough tests on the road. (10 points from those games too!) Happy days.
  • Options
    Isn't our OS hopeless?

It's past 8pm, 3 hours after the match finished, and all you can read about the game is the pre-match line up.
  • Options
    GH is still travelling but now he has eaten his mini eggs he may be able to get on with it.
  • Options
    Isn't our OS hopeless?

It's past 8pm, 3 hours after the match finished, and all you can read about the game is the pre-match line up.
    The match report has been up for hours...

• Options
    Very hard work today.

Very proud again this weekend.
  • Options

Was getting on that train to London and as it pulled in a fair few coins, bottles and lighters headed over the top of the train towards us.
    Was a bit of it happening from both platforms.
    Didn't realise that - my 11 year old reckons Brentford started throwing stuff when the train pulled in.
  • Options
    Isn't our OS hopeless?

Match report and Powell interview was on there 30mins ago.
  • Options
    was at the game Brentford gave us a good game could have been ahead at half time, but we hung in there and grabbed our chance, this is what the best teams do, win even when they dont play at their best. UTA
  • Options
    Isn't our OS hopeless?

Match report and Powell interview was on there 30mins ago.
    Yeah, but Oggy is still waiting for the carrier pigeon to turn up via his fibre optics and key the details into his Spectrum 48k.