Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I'm a little confused how Kermit seems to be getting some low scores of the player ratings thread. He may not have had game where he really looked like scoring, apart from that effort at the end, but his work rate was incredible. I think he won every header he went up for, which takes a lot of pressure off our midfield and defense, and he constantly chases every ball no matter where it is. As I said he may not have looked like scoring many, but I really think he deserves some more credit for his overall game yesterday. I would hate to be a defender facing him.

• Options
    Excellent win yesterday, and the sort of result you have to grind out if we want to go up. Green was great yesterday, though the male and female behind us in the seats could not stop slagging him off. When it was mentioned that he did make the goal, the comment was " yeah but what else he done". They were christened Waggy's relations after that.
    Think Green is a decent player - not sure why so many of our fans can't see it.
  • Options

I agree TEL, it was touching at the end and if you're on twitter you can see the banter the players have with each other and it seems like a bunch of mates playing together and wanting to fight for each other. Theres a real positive feel about the place at the moment which we deserve after the last few years we've had.

Regarding the negative issue of the chants etc, and I am anti it, and not to make light of it at all, but it is only a small group of morons who seem to be about 16-20 years old. Maybe about ten of them I suppose.I have mates now, blokes in their late 20's and 30's  who now won't go away with Charlton as they are sick of having to spend time travelling on trains, 90 mins in the ground etc with the morons. They are the idiots, that away from the Valley on a Saturday, are intimidating people at bus stops and basically bullying people in packs but when confronted on their own turn into little boys again. The support yesterday was brilliant, 90 minutes of non stop singing and proper support. I don't know what the solution is, we just have to drown the morons out. People talk about fronting them, out and thats all very well if you're supported by other fans, but I think its a gamble most people won't take. I was with my younger brother yesterday so my conern would have been looking after him and i'm sure most other people would have an attitude of self preservation as well.  Im extremely proud to be a Charlton fan as i'm sure everyone on here is. I'm proud of what we represent and the reputation we have always had. I don't want to turn into a Millwall or a West Ham.  

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Not all of them were young. Plenty joining in in there 30's etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Not all of them were young. Plenty joining in in there 30's etc.Saw some appalling behaviour at Stevenage from guys well into their 50s - there are knobheads of all ages...
  • Options
    Agreed, first time I heard the Lisbie song it was a group of guys in their 30s at least. Utter scumbags
  • Options
    On a complete different matter, I read on the BBC Charlton page that the Brentford manager said that Wright-Phillips cost us 1 million is that true? If not how much did he cost us ?
  • Options
    On a complete different matter, I read on the BBC Charlton page that the Brentford manager said that Wright-Phillips cost us 1 million is that true? If not how much did he cost us ?
    Proper cheap, think someone was mentioning a figure of 150k
  • Options

Top result against our 'bogey team'.

60% of our fans were brilliant today, Nearly had a row with one of our fans today who was pising me off...Non stop.Monkey noises, Shouts of ni##er loads at there forwards and everythingelse, Then the twat started singing 'Always look out for Turks carrying knives' and 'Tenerife Hooligans' !!??, In the end someone near him told him to shut up and he moved, Probably the same group trying to kick off with the 14 year old Brentford fans who were throwing stuff back and forth to our platform. The exact same thing happened at the jpt game with them last year with the station thing.

About the game, Thought Hamer done very well and looked assured at catching everything and was probably Man of the match. Also one last mention to Morrisons bit of skill in the first half..Was straight out of Ronaldos books, Not a league 1 Centrre half.

your right mate i yelled out shut up everytime they started singing the lisbie song. Unfortunately that group of youngsters seems to be growing in numbers.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm a little confused how Kermit seems to be getting some low scores of the player ratings thread.

He may not have had game where he really looked like scoring, apart from that effort at the end, but his work rate was incredible.

I think he won every header he went up for, which takes a lot of pressure off our midfield and defense, and he constantly chases every ball no matter where it is. As I said he may not have looked like scoring many, but I really think he deserves some more credit for his overall game yesterday.

They are from the people who follow the ball, rather than watch the game.

Only kidding!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't read through the whole thread so dont know if this has been mentioned.  The few fans that were chanting 'Let him die' when the Brentford defender was down & quite obviously badly injured should be ashamed of themselves!

I know every club has them but it really makes me mad when I hear stuff like that. Terrible stuff!!

Anyway, apart from that, our support was absolutely fantastic yersterday!!
  • Options
    Excellent win yesterday, and the sort of result you have to grind out if we want to go up.

Green was great yesterday, though the male and female behind us in the seats could not stop slagging him off. When it was mentioned that he did make the goal, the comment was " yeah but what else he done". They were christened Waggy's relations after that.
    BWP is rubbish too, "What does he do?" 

"Score goals."

"yeah, but what else he done"

And that was on CL earlier in the season

• Options
    Fantastic win yesterday, think Powell got it spot on when he said we were "dogged and determined".  Brentford are the best side I've seen this season in league one but we defended resolutely and played with real desire... one moment of class from Green and BWP and that's that.

Green and Morrison my standouts - Morrison is an absolute beast and so good on the ball, no idea what Shef W were thinking chucking him out, he's only going to grow and grow into a very solid top championship centre half in another 2/3 seasons.

As for the station, the missiles were from either side, started with them as soon as the train to London pulled in and then the coins, bottles, cans etc were fizzing.

As for Rosler, well we've seen it all with him in the last few weeks. You get a lot of genuine straight-talking managers in the lower leagues but he repeatedly comes across as borishly arrogant and obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. 

Hope the lad Logan is alright.  I was stood down the front and could see him laid out prone and then spasming/fitting, very very frightening to watch - great work by the medical team sorting him out.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Oh and finally - the racism and Lisbie song... something has got to be done by the club ASAP.  Despicable and it's just going to carry on.
  • Options
    Oh and finally - the racism and Lisbie song... something has got to be done by the club ASAP.  Despicable and it's just going to carry on.

Problem is that it's happening away from home , ISLS.

Maybe we should all take our camcorders .....

• Options
    Agreed. Think this needs to be brought to the clubs attention.
  • Options

Problem is that it's happening away from home , ISLS.

Maybe we should all take our camcorders .....

It is mostly away games. My friend pointed this out yesterday and suggested that some, if not most of these... people may have been banned from the Valley already. I think its a valid point.  
    And for all those suggesting that the fans sort it out themselves, I would love to, but being a 5'4" tall woman I reckon it might be best if I left it to the club. 
  • Options
    The Brentford game sold out for away fans - so they must have got their tickets from CAFC.  The club must act on this.
  • Options
    Didn't hear any racist chanting but, as I said, I did hear a small section chanting 'let him die'  when the lad was obviously in a lot of pain & that was bad enough.  Totally agree that racist chanting should be stamped out by the club immediately.  It has no place in modern football, despite what Mr Blatter might say!!  (what a twat that man is)
  • Options
    Anybody going to write to the club...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this. You sit here complain, refuse to shout them out at matches and say the club should deal with it, yet you don't notify the club yourself?

Some people.
  • Options
    this. You sit here complain, refuse to shout them out at matches and say the club should deal with it, yet you don't notify the club yourself?

Some people.
    Woah, hang on

I can assure you if I heard any kind of racist chanting I would be telling these people exactly what I think!!
  • Options
    Yes. I am going to email them. 
    Happy?
  • Options
    @kentaddick, this isn't the 50s, if it's on here someone from the Club will have made note. Plus, you don't know who has put something on here and then followed it up with a letter to the Club.
  • Options
    Happy?
    Yes :) it was a serious question not a sarcastic one. Sorry if it came across that way.
  • Options
    Happy?
    Yes :) it was a serious question not a sarcastic one. Sorry if it came across that way.
    Thats ok Smithy, just fed up with the whole thing!
  • Options

Some people.
    I wasn't there yesterday so cannot comment on the specifics but would mention that a lot of the posters (like me) on here are old gits. Do you realistically consider it sensible or wise for individuals in their fifties or sixties to challenge mob handed groups of youths especially if they are accompanied by wives, children or grandchildren?
  • Options
    Definitely the key issue here is that not enough people are writing to the club kentaddick!

Airman has seen it on here, others will have done too like LookOut says above.

As for calling them out at the game, if I heard the song from someone actually next to me that I could see singing I would but what exactly can you do when you can hear it and not see who is singing it?
  • Options
    Can people stop blaming it on kids, it's not just fricking kids!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Millwall played today I wonder if any went yesterday?