Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    you what?
  • Options
    Millwall played today I wonder if any went yesterday?
    I think that maybe a fair point!!  Doubt it is ALL down to them though
  • Options
    @kentaddick  you have made your point about how the fans should be getting involved and I will be writing to the club.  You may have mentioned what your take on this is previously but I have missed it if you have.  What is your position?  Do you disagree with the chanting and if so are you doing anything about it?
  • Options
    so were now saying we think millwall were there for some pricks actions yesterday....
  • Options
    so were now saying we think millwall were there for some pricks actions yesterday....
    Not entirely!  I have heard that a few young Millwall fans have been going to some Charlton away matches.  Not saying it was them but it is possible they might be involved but not just them.  None of what I have written in this post is fact, just a rumour that I heard
  • Options
    makes no sense that they would be supporting us and singing charlton songs,actually i would say its complete bollocks
  • Options
    makes no sense that they would be supporting us and singing charlton songs,actually i would say its complete bollocks
    Probably!!  I have read it back & to be honest it does sound a bit far fetched :) 

• Options
    There were two lads there yesterday whose great grandfather used to go to Millwall - FACT lynch them!!!!!  He was also my grandfather in Law - Lynch me!!!!!!!  Those were the days when it would be Charlton Millwall on alternate weeks.
  • Options
    If Charlton fans couldn't get tickets, How and Why would Millwall fans go to our game.
  • Options
    If Charlton fans couldn't get tickets, How and Why would Millwall fans go to our game.
    Trying to be upwardly sociallly mobile
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dont like racism or any of that nonesense, but I dont want football to become sterile either...living overseas and watching football by wannabe Europeans in souless seemingly empty stadiums, it was quite a change to come back and see an edgy league one derby. I dont like the racist chants, but having said that I didnt hear any yesterday.

The injury to the Brentford player was pretty awful....but having grown up in the 70's every time a player would go down we would all sing the death march song, followed by Sh** nobody really meant anything by it, it was just another chant, as was Let him die, let him die.....99% of the people who sung it back then, didnt mean it at all.....most people, again a high proportion wouldnt want anyone to be hurt.....99% of the fans yesterday clapped Logan off...I didnt, but that didnt mean I didnt care or wanted him to be injured, one of the first things I did today was check his status. You will always get a minority of people in any large gathering (I dont just mean football) who are at the very least obnoxious. I just ignore them personally....I shut it out, they are after all a very tiny proportion of what is a very decent Charlton fan following.

• Options
    Oh and finally - the racism and Lisbie song... something has got to be done by the club ASAP.  Despicable and it's just going to carry on.
    The racism is out of order. Also I guarantee that they will sing Chris Powell's name who is of course black and being racist to Lisbie is out of order no matter of what he has done.  
  • Options

My first game of the season and hopefully put the kiss of death to bed eh Dan?

Thoroughly professional Charlton performance at a very tight ground. The unity of the players and management at the end was there for all to see, they seemed to enjoy the fans and were quite humble and it was heart warming to see them react so well to the fans......a far cry from the abuse at D&R last season. Charlton remind me of that 2003 England Rugby side, who quietly went about their business and took the rugby world apart.....no real superstars just a very well connected and committed team effort. Stand out performances for me today was Morrison who I think was immense, and Id hate to play against Kermongant, the man was all over the pitch chasing seemingly lost causes...flashes of just what a player Wiggins is in this division too. I had a great day with wonderful company and it was brillain catching up with all the old faces...and some new. Thanks for a great day, its going to make it much harder to leave again on the 4th.

Tel, glad your return didn't put the kiss of death on our season.  :-) Great that you saw such a committed and professional performance.

• Options
    A battle and a first half performance similar to last season's. Bees had a lot of joy down our right but we were much better in the second half and looked the likelier to score. The late flurries from Bees were quite easily dealt with by Hamer and it was good to see him and Green really contributing. Morrison was terrific throughout. Good sneaky win against a pretty tough team despite their poor home record.
  • Options
    Comical defending by Lllera for BWP's turn and shot after his goal. He resorted to kicking his shins.
  • Options

More than he ever did for us 

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I didn't hear any at the one away game i've been to this year (hartlepool), but saying that; from this and other threads, it is obvious that it is going on.

A statement from the club outlining peoples concerns would be a positive step: a) it would not be sweeping it under the carpet, and instead dealing with it out in the open b) it may shame some people into stopping it.

It disgusts me that anyone holds those sort of backward and bigoted views (under the moniker of 'banter'), but it doubly disgusts me that some of them 'follow' our football club.
  • Options
    Couple of morons - thats all - tried to sing bad songs to the injured Bee, massive majority clapped him off.

Heard no rascist songs whatsoever.

Banana to the big Brentford steward (Audley), stood right in front of the fella and did not detect any racist slant at all, it was bobbing round in the terrace in front of him, when it landed in front of him a couple of times he slung it back with a grin on his moosh

Chill - apart from about a dozen dickheads we have quality support
  • Options
    I commented to Mrs. algarve how Kermit won near enough every single header in the first half, most impressive!
  • Options
    What stood out for me was Kermits non stop running, especially towards the end. Morrison's sublime skill in beating three defenders like Rio, plus his all round determined play. Solid Hamer. Solly not cutting out the crosses and being roasted for once but he came out on top by the end of the game.Wiggins lacking space to dazzle on the wing. Hollands grafting all the time. Greenie is going to be a star player. He made the goal and grafted well but not everything he tried came off. I am hoping he will really turn it on next week. Finally BWP. You just knew he would score at some point. It is great having a striker like him at our club. Long may it continue.
    Brentford is a friendly club with an excellent social club, 'The Hive.' 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great pub before game, great atmosphere in our end, and even managed a great bit of surging after we scored. All in all a great day out and well smashed by the time i got home. Not a great view standing behind goal as too low to really analyse whats going on but for me, the defence and keeper were the stars yesterday. Morrison in particular was immense. It was a typical small ground game - no time on the ball and the one or two times we managed to slow it down and get a few passes in, we created. The goal was one of those times. Green is starting to look the part and i think he will get better and better like Wiggins has. There is definite quality there and Kermo did well, chasing and battling. The perfect foil for BWP who did what he does, being in the right place and finishing. A class act. Great atmosphere and great to see the players and management showing their appreciation at the end. Charlton are back and we're gonna do Huddersfield next monday and then go on to show exactly who the bosses are in this division. We will be 10 points clear by christmas, minimum.      
  • Options
    10 points clear by Christmas would be the perfect present. Hope you are right Dan.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Had a busy weekend so not had a chance to comment yet.
    Listened to the match on player and as soon as I heard the stuttering tones of Em......ma, I swiftly switched to the Bees commentary. Seemed a very close game and 3 excellent points picked up once more on our travels.

Their commentator mentioned towards the end about our time wasting antics but not in a moaning way, as they have done the same many times themselves. His focus was mainly on Hamer and said it was expected, as they'd seen him do it plenty of times when he was on loan there previously. He also said he thought Wiggins was a bit unfortunate to get booked and the throw from the ball boy probably caused this.

Started biting my finger nails on 90 mins and by the time the match finished, I was up to my elbows.

Regarding the racist chanting, I've not personally heard it as I don't go to away games these days, But if it's a minority singing the Lisbie song (whatever that is) Then how about starting up a diferent song to drown them out? Hopefully, after a few times, they'd get fed up with trying. And as for individuals chanting racist abuse and monkey noises, If you feel that (for your safety) it wouldn't be a good idea to confront them, how about using your mobile phone to video them, and use this to get them ejected,  banned from the Valley and hopefully arrested too. Before anyone gets uppity about these suggestions, that's all they are......suggestions. I'm sure that 99% of our fans would be glad to see the back of these low lifes.

Typical lack of mentioning of our win on the football league show again and with next weeks game being moved to monday, if we beat Hudds it will go completely unnoticed. Might stop Claridge banging on about how wonderful Huddersfield are though.

Glad to see Mr Llera is settling in well in the Championship..............lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Another song sounds like worth a try. It is good that they are still small in number because it means it isn't too late to do something. This isn't an attack on our vocal supporters, we need them all,  it is an attack on those that bring shame onto us. Another option is to alert the police- they are after all breaking the law.

On a poistive note- yet another Perfect Weekend - Us winning and Palace and Millwall losing -luverly jubberly!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

http://www.officialbfcpics.co.uk/1111190/1

was hoping to see a photo of Lee picking the ball out of the net, but no :(
  • Options
    Had the first of my bitter Brentford mates on the phone this morning, apparently he was dis-appointed with the way we played & we time wasted from the first minute. (Gotta love an opposing view of the game LOL). I did point out to him that one of his clubs ballboys got our full back booked by lobbing the ball at him & the time wasting although we did do it, not entirely un-expected when defending a 1-0 lead with thirteen minutes added time played. We won horrible Saturday make no mistake, but no team plays total football every week Arsenal apart.
  • Options
    Can people stop blaming it on kids, it's not just fricking kids!

This. Its actually more the old than the young.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Why does Uwe Rosler persist in this fiction of his own creation that BWP cost us "One Million Pounds".  Is it a joke at his own expense as he looks like Dr Evil?

File:Drevil million dollars.jpg

• Options

Why does Uwe Rosler persist in this fiction of his own creation that BWP cost us "One Million Pounds".  Is it a joke at his own expense as he looks like Dr Evil?

File:Drevil million dollars.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist putting Jonjo here.