Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Natalie Sawyer? Bovvered. One for the would ya thread though.
    True. We all would. Would be good to ram it in her face...the win that is..er
  • Options
    edited November 2011

• Options
    For those who think Morrison is banned, he isn't. It's 5 yellows then a ban. I think he is on 3.
    Danny Green is also on 3. Good to see we have a great disciplinary record aswell. 18 yellows, 0 reds so far. 
    yep well said mate. henry irving spreading shit rumours he thinks he knows the lot that one should get his stats right.
  • Options
    The yellow card situation is that Morrison has 3 and Green 4.  Green was given one against Brentford in the JPT and has 3 in L1.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

check his stats on the bbc website for Morrison - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/m/morrison_324795.stm

2 yellows before today

• Options
    It's funny that you dont hear us mentioned on Hudds forums, but the Wendies loves us. ''Charlton will blip soon'' 
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    It all stems from the hiding their old boys and yoof took in a cup match I recall since then they have hated us

When we go up I will be on there dancing my tits off all over that site until then I am sticking to here,

What they don't realise is, that the stevenage result was our blip
  • Options
    It's funny that you dont hear us mentioned on Hudds forums, but the Wendies loves us. ''Charlton will blip soon'' 
    They've been saying that since the middle of September.
  • Options
    Fantastic win yet again. Top two is our aim of course but we are now 16 points clear of seventh place with a plus 20 better GD.

COYR
  • Options
    I thought we would get.a draw today nil nil , that is 2 bonus points for me, and another kick in the teeth for the teams following us , they might not admit it but I know they would hqve expected us to drop points there today
    exactly mate.

is there anyone left out there who does not believe?

Actually if there is, dont bother to pop up here :-)

SCP says JJ did his hamstring but doesnt yet know how badly. Most unlikely to be available for Hudds though :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haha.

Henry - wait until it's on the OS...crazy fool ;-)
  • Options
    Pleased for Algarve to see a win
  • Options
    going out to get drunk.

might come back and book a train south for the hudders match,
  • Options
    Well that was some victory.....we have a team that can play below par, or not be allowed to play and still grind out a win and 3 precious points. Next week against Huddersfield is not going to be easy.....but then no game is and other teams will be falling over themselves to be the ones to beat us!!.........but back to today and whilst doing the match thread it was quite obvious that we were soaking up pressure and looking to hit them on the break in the first half. In the second I think we changed our game plan a little and whilst still having some scarey moments we took the game more to them and, with BWP in such a rich vein of form, we took our chance well and then locked up shop.
    Good game, great result, excellent support.

• Options
    Pleased for Algarve to see a win
    yep, you earned it Perry!
  • Options
    huge win, this is a proper result.
  • Options

Oggy, because we have played two more away games than home ones, going on winning every home game, and drawing every away game we're nine points ahead of target. Indeed, we have now got 25 away points, when 23 (plus all home wins) would be enough. The two 'extra' away points make up for one of our home draws already. we need to win just two more away games to mean we can then lose the rest of our away games, providing we win all of our remaining home matches.

If we can win another two on the road, then we're looking at 1.5 points per game to be very very strong contenders in this division.

Mind you, we still need four more wins to be credibly certain of escaping relegation.

The next time to stop and take stock realistically would be after the boxing day game at Yeovil, where barring postponements, we will be half way through the season.

• Options
    BTW RM, did you have to suffer Emma today? the Brentford commentary was first class, and an example as to how it should be done.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Huddersfield don't need to worry about us, they are good enough to go up in second and they know it.   Wednesday fans must be getting a little desperate even at this early stage in the season.  At best, they are the third best team in the league and deep down they know it.  They will only get into the automatics if one of the better teams goes off the rails.  They've got to believe this will happen for the sake of their own sanity, so it has become their mantra.  It'll be interesting to keep watching to see at what point reality begins to dawn on them.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We won against the run of play by the sound's of it which is what champions do.

A win against our bogey side is even better.

1-0 COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    BTW ....... it took just 18 League games, but we scored our 40th goal of the season today.

• Options
    A great afternoon for me, my team won 3-1 in the challenge cup, against a team a division higher, and  got back to the club house to see the Charlton result roll in.
    I had to check my watch when at 5pm we were still playing?....
  • Options
    must be the effect of the new manager Ken
  • Options
    A great afternoon for me, my team won 3-1 in the challenge cup, against a team a division higher, and  got back to the club house to see the Charlton result roll in.
    Legge got injured for them and that added on loads of time.
  • Options
    JJ Hamstring injury apparently!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just got back, had to stand in brentford's version of the covered end, so had to keep my mouth shut.

Very tight game, the referee did not have a good game by any stretch of the imagination - reflected by the 2 injuries imo. What struck me was the fact that we had much better footballers than them. Danny Green looked class tbh, so did Hollands and BWP, everyone else looked like they had really been locked down by brentford. Our defence never looked like conceding until the very end when it started to get shakey.

All in all, a solid 1-0 away win, just nicking it. Would have bitten your hand off if you would have offered me that before the game.
  • Options
    Legge got injured for them and that added on loads of time.

Shaleum Logan collided with the keeper apparently. Stretchered off after lengthy treatment on the pitch.
  • Options
    So all to play for next, with Huddersfield coming to The Valley.

That thug Alan Lee got sent off today for elbowing Sam Sodje.
    So their Mr Nasty gets banned for next 3 matches.
  • Options
    hard fought win, not at our best today, but great result, eight wins from 10 away games is promotion form. 
  • Options
    Several posters on the Brentford forums are saying Green was our best player - would those who were there agree?