Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Huddersfield | 28th November 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011

a tight game. both sides play no where near to their potential. incomplete passing, sloppy defending. shots of target. then in the last miniute of added time with the score 0-0, chris powell turns to the bench. next thing we see is bwp number come up on the board. he's being replaced by non other that Paul Benson! Could this be fate. could benson prove to powell, to the fans, to the world and to himself that he can give charlton a winning goal...............

na, it ends 0-0.

• Options
    I reckon that Green will break his duck on Monday.  He has been in good form and has a fierce shot as he showed at the Valley last time out.  I can't see it being anything than a closely contested match with each team out to show they are the best.  A draw is the most likely result with us shading it as the likely taker of all 3 points.  Surely we cannot lose at home??? 

• Options
    0-0 and the Wendy fans giving it the biggen on there forum about how we and udders still don't impress them

Would like to see a green free kick in the 90th minute though
  • Options

we will win and little brad will score the winner

2-1

• Options
    There will be a lot of nerves, leading to a high-scoring game. Either a thriller or a defender's nightmare, depending on your point of view. Charlton win 3-2 or 4-3.

Kermit scores the winner with a bullet-like penalty...
  • Options
    3-2   BWP,Green,Morrison: Rhodes,Roberts
  • Options
    Nobody plumped for 7-6 yet?
  • Options
    not so worried about loss of jj on the left as i fancy ephraim to do well for us but i am worried about centre mid, hughes looked poor and very nervous last week and we don't have much quality cover there at the moment. think we will just edge a tense game 2-1, green & kermit to score 
  • Options
    Who'll be the penalty taker now?

Kermorgant?
  • Options

Nibbling my nails just thinking about it .

Toe nails, that is.

NEVER predict anything but a win for the Reds so won't do so now but expect a very narrow margin of victory & a rocking Valley by 10pm  Monday night.

COYA !!!!!!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

the haddock and chip lovers are not just gunna win this game but skin, fillet, batter and deep fat fry the fluffy girly dog terriers I TELL THEE!!!

not only is there a pickled egg up for grabs for the MOTM (as usual) but a pickled onion for the hardest tackle, yea thats right, powell is pulling out all the incentives for this. rumour has it that the board have a case of orange pop in the cooler ready to bust open at the final whistle, but not just any orange pop, no, this is cream of the crop orange pop... ORANGINA IN GLASS BOTTLES!!! if ever there was a show by the board that they want this bad and will stop at nothing then that is it. picture the scenes in the changing room after...

powell giving BWP the MOTM pickled egg for his hatrick, hollands gets his hands on the pickled onion for hardest tackle, the chips are flying about and the haddock is being munched straight out the wrapper, then the door flies open and its slater with the ice cool case of orangina in his hands, i tell thee the place erupts... for not only have the boys come away with a 4-1 win but they all know they have done the club proud when the champagne of orange pop is brought out, what a treat!!!

enjoy everyone.

• Options
    I reckon that Green will break his duck on Monday.  

If I see Green do anything to a duck on that pitch I am never coming to see Charlton again.

• Options
    Think it will be a cagey affair with first team to score winning it -and I think it will be us- 1-0 (BWP).
  • Options
    Can't see this being a very open game. As long as we don't concede the first goal I can see us sneaking a win. I would take a draw as long as the Massive Wendy's lose at home to the Orient. 
  • Options
    Like it @bloodnut
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Morro to put Rhodes in his pocket 2-1 cafc after we have controlled the game being 2-0 up they equalise ;o)
  • Options
    Been amazed at our results this season. It has made a real change watching the lads from afar and seeing us avoid the usual Charlton bannana skins, ie; FACup against lower league oppo and results at places we would normally screw up at (Stevenage excluded of course).  What I have not had for some while, is the feeling that we will "bottle" the big match, which this is.  I think this team will do us proud.  Home win for the Addicks! 
  • Options
    0-0 borefest while Orient beat Wednesday tomorrow
  • Options

Two further non Charlton mates coming.

See the J block is sold out and the H Block is more or less sold out. West stand middle blocks nearly gone too

• Options

Two further non Charlton mates coming.

See the J block is sold out and the H Block is more or less sold out. West stand middle blocks nearly gone too

I think L block is getting there aswell 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Town are at their best against the top teams.

2-0 to Hudds. Rhodes & Roberts.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Very predictable Berty I'm not sure whether you said you are coming to the game or not but its a long trip back to God's own country empty handed! Except I think you'll scrape a draw at best which will leave you still 5 points adrift of the worthy league leaders at this point in time. Enjoy the game and should you manage a win remember we will still be top of the league and all the top six teams are going to take results off one another before the fat lady sings 'Said we are top of the league...... said we are top of the league'
  • Options

Yes mate,

we are coming down for a long weekend.

Always wanted to go to Greenwich so we will go there during the afternoon.

You are top of the league, and worthy of it as you say. I fully expect you to get promoted in May, but you will have to settle for runners-up <wink icon>

• Options
    I'm going therefore it will be a draw... i apologise in advance.
  • Options
    LOL Bloodnut.....hmmmm.......Orangina in glass bottles.......oh yes.  If that's the win bonus then we can expect our boys to come out firing on all cylinders and making sure they get their hands on the citrusy good stuff!

COYR!
  • Options

Hi, another Terriers fan here, really looking forward to the game and my 1st visit to the Valley for many a year but being a tight Yorkshireman I couldn't let free coach travel go!

Will be interesting to see if either manager throws their new signings into battle or leave them on the bench, I'm not sure how match fit our 2 newcomers (Parkin & Bruce) are as neithers played for awhile.

As I say I've not been to the Valley for a while are there many places to grab a quick meal? nowt fancy, I mean chippies, KFC type and are there any away fan friendly pubs near by? thanks in advance.

• Options
    edited November 2011

chippy right near the away end and the coaches will drop you near the 'away' friendly pub called the Antigallican

• Options
    Antigallican - big pub near station is an away pub. No KFC but a few chippies. Planning restrictions are massive near the ground hence most buildings are listed so no big KFC type brands.
  • Options
    I would love to see an exhilarating 3-3 draw.  BWP hat trick for us, Jordan Rhodes hat trick for them.  Great game, We remain 5 points clear & they keep their unbeaten record. 

Everyone's happy!!
  • Options
    or....I'd love to see us win 4-3 and we go 8 points clear we go home happy and they go home gutted
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!