Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Huddersfield | 28th November 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

Comments

• Options
    I would love to see an exhilarating 3-3 draw.  BWP hat trick for us, Jordan Rhodes hat trick for them.  Great game, We remain 5 points clear & they keep their unbeaten record. 

Everyone's happy!!
    Would much rather 1-0 :)
  • Options
    JJ being out makes me nervous. I think we'll win though. Narrow victory. A lot depends on how Kermy plays. Hopefully we'll bounce back after the Brentford game where I really didn't think we played very well.
  • Options
    A win prediction from me would be a curse so its 0-0. Can't see this as just another game. If we win we are set up to walk away with the league. Please please please let us have one perfect season.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Bringing 2 mates, H block. Better than my usual seat in the west stand.

Danny Hollands to score winner.
  • Options
    I think our patient approach will help us in a big game like this. Im feeling less confident every day though. Im confident that we are better and can win. Just not that we will win.

Not bringing anybody new with me because if we do lose we will fall out. Not joking either.
  • Options
    0-1 penalty midway through the second half.
  • Options
    Nobody plumped for 7-6 yet?
    I AM GOING FOR 7-6

7 fouls against us in the first 20 minutes and 6 against us getting towards half time.
     First we get 7 corners in a period of  6 minutes then later 6 corners in 7 minutes as we pile on the pressure. 7 shots at goal 6 near misses
    but 1 goal.

7 Minutes of stoppage time

Half time 1-0 COYR

6 Minutes late kicking off the second half

7 offsides to Hudds 6 free kicks to us

7 minutes to go and in goes goal 2 for the reds

Restart - 6 minutes left

Its getting desperate now the Charlton team and fans are at sixes and sevens waiting for the final whistle.

Game over Charlton Athletic 2 Huddersfield Town 0

• Options
    Got 1 - 1 written all over it.
  • Options
    Bringing 3 extra now. 3-2 to us. Penalty in there somewhere. Its going to be tense. I might throw up in my seat. Again. 
    Green, BWP and... Ephraim. 
  • Options
    Worries me this game. Hope JJ isn't going to be a big miss. Think and fear he might be out for some time. 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect both managers would take a draw in both the home and away games. We are rthe best 2 teams in the league so on paper those would be decent results. Partly why I suspect it will need a goal to open the game up and could quite easily be a dour affair. looking forward to it all the same.
  • Options
    Bringing 3 extra now. 3-2 to us. Penalty in there somewhere. Its going to be tense. I might throw up in my seat. Again. 
    Take more tonic with the Gin before the game!
  • Options

Hope you're not in Block E !
  • Options
    As long as CP does'nt get manager of the month all season we'll be ok.
  • Options
    well if we win hes pretty much certain to. Are you saying you don't want us to win? ;)
  • Options

1-0 kermorgant 79'

similar game to home to leeds 09/10 season

I'm bringing the same mate to this game as that one.....

The omens are there
  • Options
    Gonna set fifa12 up for a 90 min match comp vs comp charlton vs hudds see who comes out winner i might even be able to give highlights.......what starting team should i give us???
  • Options
    If we score early, maybe 2-1, we score 2 then they score in 80th minute leaving a tense closing period. If we don't score early, then possibly a 1-1 draw, all I know is I want to see Charlton extend their margin.

COME ON CHARLTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP THE ADDICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    2-2  BWP double with that fat git Parkin scoring for them.
  • Options

chippy right near the away end and the coaches will drop you near the 'away' friendly pub called the Antigallican

You also have a kebab shop near the station and a cafe that will be open and a McDonalds 10 mins walk away by Asda
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I think that psychologically, winning this game would be a very big confidence boost and is quite important, even though league championships aren't won on these big games, they're won by consistently winning games like brentford last week. But after this game we will have played all of the best teams in the league, Huddersfield are probably our biggest threat this season. A win from this game could see us really running away with things as we have a fairly win-able run of fixtures following this (if there is such a thing in this league).

Very excited about this game, am looking forward to it. COYR and all that.

2-1 Addicks
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Change of plan .. Russell for Jackson with Ephraim subbing with Sullivan, Cort, Wagstaff and Hayes .. RusselL is the nearest like for like for Jackson that we have  .. i would have liked to see Pritchard but in a game this important,  Russell's experience will be useful even though he is a newcomer and I basically detest the loan system .. except of course when it suits us  (:->

The Terriers run hits the buffers with a mighty crash ....,. CAFC  2 v Huddersfield Town 0

• Options
    BWP 2 - Rhodes 1. Hudds to go 1 up before BWP grabs another brace to kill off their chance of overtaking Arsenal record of 49 unbeaten.
  • Options
    Afternoon all physic RM checking in.......it seems starnge to be giving my prediction on a saturday afternoon when normally the match thread would be in full flow......anyway back to business.....I predicted a win for the addicks last week....but the score was a little different (I predicted 2-1)............so I have been bearing that 'blip' in mind and consequently I've really been manipulating polishing my balls this week and I have also had a extra day for Mrs RM to perform her 'touch' on them as well!!

We have gently tried to caress something from them that would give a clear (and firm) indication to the outcome, I have been very wary not to make them 'produce' to early as well........lets face it 'premature' results are not good!!

So after much of the above from both of us and keeping them 'under control'.......I can now reveal the result............a 'spunky' win for the Addicks 2-1.....tight game....edge of seat stuff and a real 'ballsy' battle........there we have it then.....time for my balls to have a rest.......back next week folks.

• Options
    Afternoon all physic RM checking in.......it seems starnge to be giving my prediction on a saturday afternoon when normally the match thread would be in full flow......anyway back to business.....I predicted a win for the addicks last week....but the score was a little different (I predicted 2-1)............so I have been bearing that 'blip' in mind and consequently I've really been manipulating polishing my balls this week and I have also had a extra day for Mrs RM to perform her 'touch' on them as well!!

We have gently tried to caress something from them that would give a clear (and firm) indication to the outcome, I have been very wary not to make them 'produce' to early as well........lets face it 'premature' results are not good!!

So after much of the above from both of us and keeping them 'under control'.......I can now reveal the result............a 'spunky' win for the Addicks 2-1.....tight game....edge of seat stuff and a real 'ballsy' battle........there we have it then.....time for my balls to have a rest.......back next week folks.

If your predictions prove correct you'll be renamed Redmidland Crystal/Golden Balls and Mrs RM will become Dame GoldenRedCrystalBallSoothSayer
  • Options
    Berty ----Greenwich is a good call loads of eating type places round there----warning though the shiny things by the plates are knives and forks oh and a plate errrrr well im sure you will get the hang of it.

If you miss your stop and end up in Woolwich we will let your next of kin know .

As for the result its going to be very close but  im not telling.
  • Options
    It's going to be a long couple of days waiting for 7.45pm on Monday
  • Options
    It's going to be a long couple of days waiting for 7.45pm on Monday
    This. I will be fidgeting and shitting all day at work on Monday.
  • Options
    I cant bloody wait for this now.
    Have been restless and bored all day thinking about Monday night.
    I am going to a 4-2 win.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    2-1 to us. Green finally scoring (about the 15th time I've said he'll score and he's failed me). And Hollands getting the 2nd.

i saw this on the thread and it bought back some great memories:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!